Jackson 35 - 15 Wheelersburg

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Re: WK5 JACKSON. vs THA BURG ‘19

Post by PirateBB »

Burg continues to get better each week. With Ruby back, I see Burg gaining even more weapons. Jackson is better this year bur Burg is Burg. Taking Burg 35-14.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

I don’t see a big Burg margin win. I think maybe 28-21 type win.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

PirateBB wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:26 pm Burg continues to get better each week. With Ruby back, I see Burg gaining even more weapons. Jackson is better this year bur Burg is Burg. Taking Burg 35-14.
Can’t see it

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:33 pm
PirateBB wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:26 pm Burg continues to get better each week. With Ruby back, I see Burg gaining even more weapons. Jackson is better this year bur Burg is Burg. Taking Burg 35-14.
Can’t see it
I agree. I know Burg is getting better each week but this will be a tough test. I think the Ironmen's stout D will pose some problems early on in the game for my Pirates but hopefully they can get it going. I'll go with 24-21 Wheelersburg with yet another big FG late in the game.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Jackson 30
Burg 22

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

That’s what I wanna hear

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Ruby back? He’ll get deep along with Matthews several times. I think Jackson could be in trouble unless they avoid the crippling penalties knowing they won’t have many long plays against Burg.

Burg beat Ashland with some good fortune, I don’t think they are going to look back. What looked to be a weaker Burg team after their start may turn in to be their team of destiny. I think they come out early knowing what Jackson will have in hand and punch them in the face a bit.

I do NOT think this game will be close. Might be over at half. I do think Jackson is quite good I just think Burg is healthy and destined for a strong rest of the way out.

Wheelersburg 37
Jackson 13

I will guess Jackson wins out and competes in week 11

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Vik wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:31 pm Ruby back? He’ll get deep along with Matthews several times. I think Jackson could be in trouble unless they avoid the crippling penalties knowing they won’t have many long plays against Burg.

Burg beat Ashland with some good fortune, I don’t think they are going to look back. What looked to be a weaker Burg team after their start may turn in to be their team of destiny. I think they come out early knowing what Jackson will have in hand and punch them in the face a bit.

I do NOT think this game will be close. Might be over at half. I do think Jackson is quite good I just think Burg is healthy and destined for a strong rest of the way out.

Wheelersburg 37
Jackson 13

I will guess Jackson wins out and competes in week 11
Love it Vik

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Not buying these predictions. I truly think at worst we keep it close.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I'm not buying it either. I say it will be 6 points, either way

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:41 pm Not buying these predictions. I truly think at worst we keep it close.
These are similar predictions to the unioto Waverly game so just embrace it

IronTough2
Riding the Bench

Post by IronTough2 »

Love the thread so far. Everyone knows mistakes cost in big games. Ironmen come out hungry and have the confidence they've lacked going into this game the past few years. Burg graduated their 2 touchdown advantage. It will be a slugfest with the Ironmen on top! Ironmen 28 Burg 14. Holzer Stadium will be absolutely electric Friday night!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

You guys are giving burg way to much credit. This Is a very avg burg team compared to the burg teams of the past 10 years

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Tough to beat Jackson at home... Jackson may have what it takes this year. Don’t see either team winning by more than 10

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

I don’t think this burg team is anywhere close to the team of the last 2 years or for that matter the last 4 years but they are improving each week. And this is not the Jackson team that beat us by 4 touchdowns. Much respect to the Jackson program, I believe this will be a hard fought game for 4 quarters. Burg has to keep Jackson pinned in their territory they cannot put this team in 4 down position all night. They are too big and strong and it will bite them like it almost did in the Ashland game. I agree burg speed will give Jackson fits. I like burg in a 1 possession game possibly even scoring late to make it a 2 score game to put it away but they have to play relatively mistake free and tackle better than last week.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I just don't see Burg blowing Jackson out. I see this being a 3-7 point game either way.

The big thing about this Burg team this year is that if they get to around the Jackson 25-30 yard they don't necessarily have to go for it on 4th down. When you have a kicker like Burg has, a FG here and there could really make a difference.

Former ATown Bomber
Waterboy

Post by Former ATown Bomber »

To me this may be the game of the week. I've not seen either of these teams in person but have listened to Jackson a few times this year. Their offense seems to be getting better and they always have a good defense. Burg is getting much better than they were at the beginning of the year. I do see this as a low scoring, defensive, old school style type of game.

I can see either team winning but I believe Jackson will prevail in a close match up.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I see ball control by Jackson's run heavy team. 21-7 Jackson

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

The Nature Boy wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:55 pm I see ball control by Jackson's run heavy team. 21-7 Jackson
I think Jackson will have a hard time holding Burg to just a touchdown. I hope it's gonna be a barn burner with Burg hitting a field goal late to win it. Those are the kind of games I love to watch. But win or lose I hope for an injury free game. Go Burg!

Burg grad 85
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Get it done Burgers. Athens needs every team in region 11 to lose out to make it :lol:

Return to “Football”