Final: Fort Frye 64 Nelsonville York 21

cbolt
SEOP

Re: WK 2: Nelsonville-York (0-1) @ Fort Frye (1-0)

Post by cbolt »

Funny thing is I thought Mike Eddy was supposed to be a wing t type guy. You can't do that from shitgun. Wing T is successful because of the deception of hiding the ball between different runners. Logan seems like a perfect wing t team this year with no passing threat, big line and decent runners. I don't know what's going on. I don't think coach Wolfe is a big wing t type guy, he loves the wide open stuff. Got to adapt to your personnel. Anyway back to topic. Good luck to N-Y but Fort will probably win.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

cbolt wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:16 pm Funny thing is I thought Mike Eddy was supposed to be a wing t type guy. You can't do that from shitgun. Wing T is successful because of the deception of hiding the ball between different runners. Logan seems like a perfect wing t team this year with no passing threat, big line and decent runners. I don't know what's going on. I don't think coach Wolfe is a big wing t type guy, he loves the wide open stuff. Got to adapt to your personnel. Anyway back to topic. Good luck to N-Y but Fort will probably win.
Few years ago Fort ran a spread wing T with QB Chandler Lang and he had 3000 total yards and over 30 Tds. Got to have an extremely athletic Qb to run it.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Couldn't agree more, Bolt. Maybe Mike Eddy will grab the steering wheel some, and guide them the right way. Off topic again, but Go NY. Beat the Fort door down!

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Might work for some but I remember when Lancaster played Logan years ago they ran it under center and it was very hard to see where the ball was before the runner was already through the hole. That's why I think it works best under center when you can hide behind a big line like Logan has this year. I am not sure how he ran it at Parkersburg so it might not make a difference trench. Go N-Y. Bucky or someone will probably tell us to get off their thread trench :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by cbolt on Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I remember when we played Berne Union for the first time back in 08, they ran a wing T and their jerseys with sweat on them were about the same color as the ball and boy did it give us fits lol

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:30 pm Might work for some but I remember when Lancaster played Logan years ago they ran it under center and it was very hard to see where the ball was before the runner was already through the hole. That's why I think it works best under center when you can hide behind a big line like Logan has this year.
Agree, under center is better imo, sneakier, quicker, and safer handling the ball.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye runs a wing T under center this year as well they have for last 5 years.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Ahh we will see how N-Y does against it.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

NY BUCK wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:31 pm I remember when we played Berne Union for the first time back in 08, they ran a wing T and their jerseys with sweat on them were about the same color as the ball and boy did it give us fits lol
Man! I bet that did give ya fits. The ball was camo to the jerseys. :lol

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Logan needs a purple ball this week trench lol

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Wouldn't hurt. :lol: They need something! Still see it snapped over the head of the QB. :lol:

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I am starting to have my doubts. The Battle For The River with Waterford is next week. The Wildcats always get so excited to play Fort Frye. It's a pretty big game. I wonder if The Cadets players might be looking ahead to the game against their cousins instead of this one.

Kosar
Waterboy

Post by Kosar »

NY can’t shoot themselves with all of the unsportsmanlike penalties. Surprised players didn’t get ejected.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

efarns wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:28 pm I am starting to have my doubts. The Battle For The River with Waterford is next week. The Wildcats always get so excited to play Fort Frye. It's a pretty big game. I wonder if The Cadets players might be looking ahead to the game against their cousins instead of this one.
Better not be I know the Srs are fired up.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Avatar C Bolt the shotgun Wing T gives the ability to use several formations which prevent the defense from loading the box. Deception is still there in the form of options, the QB has the ability to read the defense. It is never ran as an exclusive offense but paired with the under center offense. Blocking schemes remain the same whether under center or shotgun From Wing with twins away the offense can run bucksweep paired with RPO of a bubble screen and the QB reading the end away from buck with the option to pull the ball if the end chases the buck. The belly can be ran using the QB instead of the FB. Tackle Trap to the HB can be ran giving the QB the option to pull the ball. Criss Cross Counter can still be ran.Empty formation with a wingback and trips away is devastating to a 3-3 or 5-3 defense. The Buck is ran to the Wing side using the QB while jet is ran into the trips to the Wingback. Qb counter is ran off the jet back to the tight end. Shifting of the Tight end to trips side and wing to hb position allows an unbalanced formation to run bucksweep into. Against the 3-3 or 5-3 the spur or OLB usually has to displace to walk out out to trips when the shift is made devastating angles are produced for the buck sweep. The tight trey trips formation with flanker and tight end and wing to one side with vertical routes cannot be converted by 3 deep coverage. When coupled with under center Wing T it will give defenses fits.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Charles Farquar wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:56 pm Avatar C Bolt the shotgun Wing T gives the ability to use several formations which prevent the defense from loading the box. Deception is still there in the form of options, the QB has the ability to read the defense. It is never ran as an exclusive offense but paired with the under center offense. Blocking schemes remain the same whether under center or shotgun From Wing with twins away the offense can run bucksweep paired with RPO of a bubble screen and the QB reading the end away from buck with the option to pull the ball if the end chases the buck. The belly can be ran using the QB instead of the FB. Tackle Trap to the HB can be ran giving the QB the option to pull the ball. Criss Cross Counter can still be ran.Empty formation with a wingback and trips away is devastating to a 3-3 or 5-3 defense. The Buck is ran to the Wing side using the QB while jet is ran into the trips to the Wingback. Qb counter is ran off the jet back to the tight end. Shifting of the Tight end to trips side and wing to hb position allows an unbalanced formation to run bucksweep into. Against the 3-3 or 5-3 the spur or OLB usually has to displace to walk out out to trips when the shift is made devastating angles are produced for the buck sweep. The tight trey trips formation with flanker and tight end and wing to one side with vertical routes cannot be converted by 3 deep coverage. When coupled with under center Wing T it will give defenses fits.
This is stuff we used to run at Fort Frye when they had Chandler Lang at Qb. Lang was always better as Rb and this way they could utilize him throwing and running.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:55 pm
efarns wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:28 pm I am starting to have my doubts. The Battle For The River with Waterford is next week. The Wildcats always get so excited to play Fort Frye. It's a pretty big game. I wonder if The Cadets players might be looking ahead to the game against their cousins instead of this one.
Better not be I know the Srs are fired up.
Yeah, but you know Waterford Week is always like a holiday around town. You know The Wildcat seniors are going to be aching to finally get that W, and Walking into McDonald's next Friday night as the winning team is one of the highlights of the year. This week? I don't really know. Are they really going to remember a win over Nelsonville?

BHS78
Riding the Bench

Post by BHS78 »

Forte frye by 30

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Gameday

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Nelsonville has talent. They may find something successful in the first half. But if they do, from all the talk from Buckeye fans, it looks like they don't have a balanced enough team to cope with Coach Huck's halftime adjustments.

Return to “Football”