Post by Bone dust »

dilligaf wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:53 pm found it on channel 14
Got it thanks

Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Re: Nelsonville York @ Trimble 2019

Post by Shotgun red »

SportsFan101 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:09 pm
SUPERTROOPER2 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:44 am It's hard to get #3 the ball when he clearly doesn't want the ball. As for Coach Richards it's hard to coach a team that has zero heart and are soft a Charmin. Goods coaches adjust to talent and it's hard to adjust when you are coaching zero talent.
Grit and heart can be inspired by coaches, and it seemed last night they didn’t have much of that. And your statement about coaching zero talent is comical. NY had easily just as talented athletes and weaker up front. But when you have a D1 commit full ride scholarship player that has -9 yards of offense, that’s not a good game plan. The one thing that stood out the most to me was that Trimble had a great game plan, and executed it well and played within their identity. NY looked to have absolutely no game plan and no identity at all, and looked very unprepared. Hope they all stay healthy and win games moving forward!
The plan was probably originally to give the ball to #3 but it was blatantly obvious that he didn't want it. The kid is scared of contact. I'm sure he looks really good in a 7 on 7 passing scrimmage but last night was no passing scrimmage.

I am not a Burrows fan but, I am a BURROW fan!
RadioMan13
Waterboy

Post by RadioMan13 »

It didn’t matter if the nut boys gave Wilburn the ball 30 times last night he wasn’t getting past Joyce and Turley. Trimble dominated every aspect of the football game. A D1 commit should have ran all over the place in a D6 high school football game, but that definitely wasn’t the case! Well executed game plan by the Tomcats.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Shotgun red wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:25 pm
SUPERTROOPER2 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:44 am It's hard to get #3 the ball when he clearly doesn't want the ball. As for Coach Richards it's hard to coach a team that has zero heart and are soft a Charmin. Goods coaches adjust to talent and it's hard to adjust when you are coaching zero talent.
Grit and heart can be inspired by coaches, and it seemed last night they didn’t have much of that. And your statement about coaching zero talent is comical. NY had easily just as talented athletes and weaker up front. But when you have a D1 commit full ride scholarship player that has -9 yards of offense, that’s not a good game plan. The one thing that stood out the most to me was that Trimble had a great game plan, and executed it well and played within their identity. NY looked to have absolutely no game plan and no identity at all, and looked very unprepared. Hope they all stay healthy and win games moving forward!
The plan was probably originally to give the ball to #3 but it was blatantly obvious that he didn't want it. The kid is scared of contact. I'm sure he looks really good in a 7 on 7 passing scrimmage but last night was no passing scrimmage.
I have have always thought that

RadioMan13
Waterboy

Post by RadioMan13 »

dilligaf wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:56 pm

I have have always thought that
If he gets in space he’s deadly, the only problem is he couldn’t get in space last night, he definitely doesn’t like to get hit, and the MAC is gonna have a lot bigger players than the Tomcats do. Don’t get me wrong I hope the kid does great but it’s hard to see after not even going for positive yards in a high school game.

Buckeyes1979
Waterboy

Post by Buckeyes1979 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:21 pm Looks like Trimble picked up right where they left off. Does NY have anything to go along with Wilburn??
Phillip's, Snyder along with wilburn is all NY has

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Rusty needs 2 put 48 on Oline.NY very very weak there. Dont care what offense u run the o line needs lots of work

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

It's pretty cool how much trash is being talked about a high school kid. Hope you all feel good about yourselves. I don't have a dog in the fight, but Trimble just has the better team this year. Plain and simple. They kept 2-3 guys on Wilburn all night and dared ANYONE else to beat them.. This series will always go back and forth. That's what makes it fun, but trashing high school kids and calling them scared is not necessary.

100% Tomcat
Waterboy

Post by 100% Tomcat »

This game is over.....let’s go on to week 2.

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

100% Tomcat wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:38 pm This game is over.....let’s go on to week 2.
If the game is over and you want to move on why click on the trimble nelsonville thread?

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

GoBucks1980 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:10 am I usually don’t say too much, but after tonight I feel like everyone has to speak up. Watching that game was almost embarrassing to even be wearing orange. Not even talking about the score or the teams, just the way the game was managed from start to finish for the Bucks was embarrassing. Never seen a team not even warm up on the field they’re about to play on, but every series it seemed like we had either 10 or 12 guys on the field. Not prepared, play calling was pitiful, and we didn’t look like a team with any tradition or identity. Rusty had one good season and it’s because he had a loaded class. I’m beginning to believe anybody could have took that team to the final four, and it might be time to renew some Buckeye blood unless we make a quick turn around. Who’s next in line? Kline or Andrews? I think we need to prepare for the next step and send him back over the hill- or put him up in the pressbox. He’s got a great football mind, but a head coach he is not. I hope I’m not the only one feeling this way, I fear we have a long and disappointing season ahead of us.

But in the good and the bad- go bucks!
If Garrett Maiden was at the QB position you could play that way....He is not. 4 is not that type of QB. We need to get under center, establish a run game, then suprise defenses with the pass. The kid can pass but not create....Hope NY adjusts - most of the schedule is vs bad teams so they should make the offensive overhaul now & get ready to beat Athens!

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Heard the stats for the game were #3 had -9 total yards, and NY as a team had a net gain of 70 yards, 40 of which came in last series when Trimble was in prevent defense. WOW.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

SportsFan101 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:14 pm Heard the stats for the game were #3 had -9 total yards, and NY as a team had a net gain of 70 yards, 40 of which came in last series when Trimble was in prevent defense. WOW.
wow

moorelukas
Riding the Bench

Post by moorelukas »

This is a ridiculous speculation. There's no evidence for it. Both the scared of getting hit, and not wanting the ball. How do you know he didn't want the ball? There's no way you can watch from the stands and say that. And if Wilburn is scared of getting hit then Braden Bellville must be scared of getting hit too when Trimble shut him down. All those All-State players Trimble beat to death in the playoffs must be scared of getting hit too. I watched him lean into a hit from Cam Kittle on one of his about 5 touches. The game plan would be to blame for not getting Keegan the ball, not Keegan, he isn't calling plays. On his future at OU? The Bobcats LOVE Wilburn. They think he's going to be a highly effective slot receiver in the MAC. That's what THEY think, in the recruiting rooms. How bad were Alfonso Cobb's (Fed Hock Alum) numbers against Trimble? Where's he playing? Oh yeah. Oregon. Wilburn is only 190, he can't get through 4 Trimble defenders who are some of the best tacklers in the state.

moorelukas
Riding the Bench

Post by moorelukas »

It doesn't even make sense for Trimble fans to root against Wilburn's future. If he goes and dominates at OU it just elevates this Trimble's teams legacy. Stop rooting against kids from Southeast Ohio too, the more kids from here succeed in college the more likely kids from here will be picked to play in college. I get it's a rivalry, but seriously Trimble fans, I don't know why you'd root against him. It's baffling.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

moorelukas wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:53 am It doesn't even make sense for Trimble fans to root against Wilburn's future. If he goes and dominates at OU it just elevates this Trimble's teams legacy. Stop rooting against kids from Southeast Ohio too, the more kids from here succeed in college the more likely kids from here will be picked to play in college. I get it's a rivalry, but seriously Trimble fans, I don't know why you'd root against him. It's baffling.
THIS LOL

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Barber1973 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:08 pm Rusty needs 2 put 48 on Oline.NY very very weak there. Dont care what offense u run the o line needs lots of work
NY is weak in the trenches

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

moorelukas wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:53 am It doesn't even make sense for Trimble fans to root against Wilburn's future. If he goes and dominates at OU it just elevates this Trimble's teams legacy. Stop rooting against kids from Southeast Ohio too, the more kids from here succeed in college the more likely kids from here will be picked to play in college. I get it's a rivalry, but seriously Trimble fans, I don't know why you'd root against him. It's baffling.
You do realize that most of the doubters are NY fans right ?

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

moorelukas wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:49 am

This is a ridiculous speculation. There's no evidence for it. Both the scared of getting hit, and not wanting the ball. How do you know he didn't want the ball? There's no way you can watch from the stands and say that. And if Wilburn is scared of getting hit then Braden Bellville must be scared of getting hit too when Trimble shut him down. All those All-State players Trimble beat to death in the playoffs must be scared of getting hit too. I watched him lean into a hit from Cam Kittle on one of his about 5 touches. The game plan would be to blame for not getting Keegan the ball, not Keegan, he isn't calling plays. On his future at OU? The Bobcats LOVE Wilburn. They think he's going to be a highly effective slot receiver in the MAC. That's what THEY think, in the recruiting rooms. How bad were Alfonso Cobb's (Fed Hock Alum) numbers against Trimble? Where's he playing? Oh yeah. Oregon. Wilburn is only 190, he can't get through 4 Trimble defenders who are some of the best tacklers in the state.
Just want to ask this if he is going to play in the Mac don't you think he will see more the 4 good tackles just asking

Return to “Football”