Week 1 ... Portsmouth West @ KIPP Columbus

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Week 1 ... Portsmouth West @ KIPP Columbus

Post by FANOSPORTS »

A lot of these public , community or college prep in name charter schools that pop up every few years here in c-bus and around other big cities in the state that field teams are jokes. Most of them could close or have their charters pulled at anytime. Most have Leaders and/or Founders and it's big money that the state with our tax dollars is throwing at them but there's a lot of mismanagement of funds and children's actual education in these type schools. (My disclaimer: Not to be confused with Catholic , Private or Parochial schools - i.e. DeSales, Hartley, Ready, Watterson, Harvest Prep, Worthington Christian, Wellington School, Columbus Academy, etc.)
Last edited by FANOSPORTS on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

SiderBlood wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:45 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:34 am
Izladoom wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:26 am

Not a fan of west but always respect them for their schedule
Not a fan of West's attitude and their style of play against many teams, but they do often get the job done against out of area teams.
What is wrong with their attitude and style of play?
West Athletes, especially football have no respect for anyone other than themselves. Look back at what they did to Burg's brand new locker rooms a few years back. Oh and how they accuse Burg of recruiting as sore losers might.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:13 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:34 am

Not a fan of West's attitude and their style of play against many teams, but they do often get the job done against out of area teams.
West Athletes, especially football have no respect for anyone other than themselves. Look back at what they did to Burg's brand new locker rooms a few years back. Oh and how they accuse Burg of recruiting as sore losers might.
Respect can mean a lot of different things, and Burg isn't as perfect as you might think. Reasons leading up to that had alot to do with lack of respect from wheelersburg as a matter of fact. But no excuses for that at all. Not condoning it in the slightest. And I also so think It was also blown out of proportion. As far as recruiting, it is what it is :idea: .

Historically I believe kids from here are born with a chip on the shoulder and it can be portrayed as dirty. It's an age old thing that the second man always gets caught. I think that is the case alot. Every single game of high school football has cheap shots and trash talk, I think alot of kids from the westside are taught not to take it. If you are pushed you push back. But that culture has changed drastically. I would bet money that within the last 5 years west has the fewest number of personal fouls in the league.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

SiderBlood wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:40 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:13 pm

Respect can mean a lot of different things, and Burg isn't as perfect as you might think. Reasons leading up to that had alot to do with lack of respect from wheelersburg as a matter of fact. But no excuses for that at all. Not condoning it in the slightest. And I also so think It was also blown out of proportion. As far as recruiting, it is what it is :idea: .

Historically I believe kids from here are born with a chip on the shoulder and it can be portrayed as dirty. It's an age old thing that the second man always gets caught. I think that is the case alot. Every single game of high school football has cheap shots and trash talk, I think alot of kids from the westside are taught not to take it. If you are pushed you push back. But that culture has changed drastically. I would bet money that within the last 5 years west has the fewest number of personal fouls in the league.
Fair points, good to see a well though out reply

Hampshire
JV Team

Post by Hampshire »

West 28. KIPP 0. Halftime

West dominating the line on both sides. Good runs up the middle.

KIPP has had good plays with getting the ball outside in open space. Sans a block in the back and they would have scored a TD.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Was the final 47 or 41 to 8?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Hampshire
JV Team

Post by Hampshire »

Final was West 47 KIPP 8.

Hampshire
JV Team

Post by Hampshire »

According to Joe Eitel, this game awarded points for the playoffs. I thought since KIPP was a club team there would be no points awarded. Can anybody confirm?

Nigel Tufnel
Waterboy

Post by Nigel Tufnel »

KIPP is a charter school, not a club team. All players attend the same school and they are OHSAA members.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Kipp had some serious and I do mean serious speed. 3 or 4 guys who could fly. If their coaching gets on the same level as their talent, watch out.

Return to “Football”