Wheelersburg 52 Portsmouth West 7 Round 1 Region 20 2018

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Region 20 #8 Portsmouth West @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:49 am 09A16147-BF22-4FEE-9E5D-C76782DA7BCD.jpeg
:lol: You didn't just stir the pot again , it's done boiled over :lol:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

CheeseBurger wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:25 pm Tell me we didn’t really make the boys band quit to keep us in d5. If that is the case we are sweet. I did enjoy watching the band this year they might be 0-10 but #1 in our hearts. We have do whatever we can to remain in d5. Doubt we would make it out of our region in d4 or d3. we can be d5 champs!
Is this true? If so that’s pitiful fellas. I absolutely love the recruiting advertising. We are going to need to pick up a few for next year to stay at the top.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:49 am 09A16147-BF22-4FEE-9E5D-C76782DA7BCD.jpeg
thats priceless .. like everything else done in the Burg .. top shelf .

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

D4 .. D6 D7 D1 .. the other SOC schools in conference cant hide . They sure can cry though . And I have no relation to the Burg other than a couple nephews went there , its the amount of crying thats down right comical and sad . No one likes a winner , thats for sure . Its already been said , winning breeds winning , you start winning state in baseball and football kids want to be a part of it . Plus great academics . Instead of trying to tear that down build up your own .

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:37 pm D4 .. D6 D7 D1 .. the other SOC schools in conference cant hide . They sure can cry though . And I have no relation to the Burg other than a couple nephews went there , its the amount of crying thats down right comical and sad . No one likes a winner , thats for sure . Its already been said , winning breeds winning , you start winning state in baseball and football kids want to be a part of it . Plus great academics . Instead of trying to tear that down build up your own .
Well said

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Manitoudan2 couldn't have phrased it more beautifully. I would like to note also the junior class at burg has lost 7 athletes from their class that now play and contribute in multiple sports at bordering schools.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

packers80 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:44 pm Manitoudan2 couldn't have phrased it more beautifully. I would like to note also the junior class at burg has lost 7 athletes from their class that now play and contribute in multiple sports at bordering schools.
And what schools would that be?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

packers80 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:44 pm Manitoudan2 couldn't have phrased it more beautifully. I would like to note also the junior class at burg has lost 7 athletes from their class that now play and contribute in multiple sports at bordering schools.
Those players who are good come to a place they can win. Those within a good program and are on the edge of playing realize they need to move to play. That life. Welcome to the jungle of life.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

East, minford, Valley , not all 7 play football but all played at least one sport. Plus 3 more have moved to out of area schools. All 10 played at least one sports at burg in that class before they moved.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Okay, enough with the transfer/recruiting talk. The rosters are set and there's no changing that. Until a violation is reported, this is all speculation from individuals who do not necessarily have all the facts. Recruiting is rarely addressed in high school, let alone found to be true, especially in such a small area like southern ohio. It is what it is and at this point, no violations have occurred. Now back to the game.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Players come and go , Burg won a state title with very little or maybe even ZERO help from transfers .. its poor when people try to rain on that fact . Just pure unadulterated jealousy , and it isnt pretty . I've read Burg posters challenge the accusers to name more than 1 transfer who starts . To the best i can tell , unless I missed a reply no one was willing to state names . Sure weakens the accusation .

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

hypothetically speaking here IF West were to win do they get the trophy or does Burg get to keep it and put another win on it?

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Kicker. wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:17 pm hypothetically speaking here IF West were to win do they get the trophy or does Burg get to keep it and put another win on it?
Hypothetically, both. We keep it and put another win on it.

“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Burg has a big test next week, hope they come out of this one healthy. If not they have some new kids move in this week.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

packers80 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:17 pm Burg has a big test next week, hope they come out of this one healthy. If not they have some new kids move in this week.
:D

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Big test between the winner of Maderia and Greeneview? IMO I think Burg could handle either of those teams but I guess ya never know that's why they play the games!

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

To answer the question about parking at Jackson, I always get stuck parking on the side of the hill by the stadium. If you look at your great recruiting poster from your fine academically advanced school you spelled recruiting as recuiting. You might want to fix that but the poster was funny.

Wburgfan
Waterboy

Post by Wburgfan »

I think the whole recruiting topic is completely comical and it’s funny that everyone seems to center it around football or boy specifically. Wheelersburg has been successful since the 80s hasn’t changed in 30 years. To me that says it’s a system or environment. This actually falls under girls sports as well. Softball, volleyball and soccer are all successful with a state championship and many district title in those respective sports. If you take a look at Wheelersburg atheletics as whole the kids produce.

With that being said to stay on topic the game should be comparable to last week. Wheelersburg needs to limit some mistakes with turnovers which made the first matchup closer than it truly was. West needs to establish some passing game to be effective and keep the Pirates from outing 9 in the box. If they can’t do that then it will be a long night.

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

Wburgfan wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:57 pm I think the whole recruiting topic is completely comical and it’s funny that everyone seems to center it around football or boy specifically.
You're correct in it's not just football. Basketball last year how many starters outside of Tanner Holden were Wheelersburg kids?
Lowery - Portsmouth
Truitt - Webster (big fuss over his transfer)
Was there another or 2?

Let's be clear what the conversation is about. If competitive balance did anything, it made public record the number of out of district players on a team. Noone said players were transfering in after 9th grade. The only two lately that I'm aware of are Lowery and Wilson this year. Its the crazy number of out of district players.
Also people are referencing the large influx of transfers in the current 8th and 9th grades. Grades which were weak until multiple transfers showed up in football and basketball.

There has been a couple threads on this over on the JR. High Forum. Some shady things happened at the state championship game last year including players from other schools on trips. Kids talk. Talk of trips, OSU/Mich game tickets, etc. You also have people contacting players and parents at other schools. Random adults shouldn't be contacting 13/14 year old children. When questioned the only answer you get is show hard proof and the OHSAA doesn't care about middle school or parental involvement anyways. Shady things need to be brought to the limelight or they will only get worse.
Last edited by Cato on Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I was being sarcastic when talking about their match,up next week

Return to “Football”