Trimble 34 Nelsonville-York 7

JustusLeague
Freshman Team

Re: NY vs. Trimble 2018

Post by JustusLeague »

wont matter who the starters are, with Trimbles pee wee coaches and NY's Rusty - game over.

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

Where do you think Trimble’s State Finals Pee Wee Coaches learned what they know about football? Don’t be surprised come week 1 when the results are what you expect 😉

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

From what I’ve seen, Trimble is the better squad rolling into the season for sure. I’d give them the 1-up at about 18 of the 22 starting positions. However NY is top heavy, with their best players being absolute studs which imo will offset the rest and make it a great game.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Sounds like you are talking out both sides of your mouth.So what is it,getting their butts kicked or a great game can't have both.

:roll: cats :roll:
The Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by The Warrior »

Shamrocks 5263 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:48 am Watched the Trimble scrimmage against Chesapeake. I can say the freshman QB looks better than the starter right now. I know it was against the 2nd team but his mechanics is far better, throws the ball effortlessly and has touch to drop it right in. Just my opinion. Plus wasn’t pleased to see Gary Brooks get 1 pass thrown his way
You can talk about that freshman all you want but, he will be standing right beside Phil for the next two years. It will benefit him watching Kittle. I know Kittle can show him what it takes to be a Varsity QB. Keep practicing!

Trump2020
Riding the Bench

Post by Trump2020 »

The Cats will be fine! We have some things to iron out but, by week 11 we will be ready for a fun and exciting playoff run.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

The Warrior wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:38 pm
Shamrocks 5263 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:48 am Watched the Trimble scrimmage against Chesapeake. I can say the freshman QB looks better than the starter right now. I know it was against the 2nd team but his mechanics is far better, throws the ball effortlessly and has touch to drop it right in. Just my opinion. Plus wasn’t pleased to see Gary Brooks get 1 pass thrown his way
You can talk about that freshman all you want but, he will be standing right beside Phil for the next two years. It will benefit him watching Kittle. I know Kittle can show him what it takes to be a Varsity QB. Keep practicing!
Anytime someone mentions how good the freshmen are or try to compare the QBs you get defensive quickly Warrior, why is that?

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
JustusLeague
Freshman Team

Post by JustusLeague »

tomcat fan wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 pm
The Warrior wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:38 pm
Anytime someone mentions how good the freshmen are or try to compare the QBs you get defensive quickly Warrior, why is that?
BC it's stupid :) No way should Kittle not play QB, kid is an outstanding leader and player. The freshman will get his time, soon enough.

JustusLeague
Freshman Team

Post by JustusLeague »

ttomcat 80 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:34 pm Sounds like you are talking out both sides of your mouth.So what is it,getting their butts kicked or a great game can't have both.
wth is sportsfan even trying to say. my god.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Trimble talking about depth charts & quarterbacks when most of the Hocking is concerned about having enough players - and some haven't had a good QB in years.

:)

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:47 am Trimble talking about depth charts & quarterbacks when most of the Hocking is concerned about having enough players - and some haven't had a good QB in years.

:)
Good problem for Trimble to have right Bulldog

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Been hearing the talk about ny making another region run this year so I went to check them out for my self today.Well guess its time to stir the pot since we are only 2 weeks out now.Average at best take number 3 off the field or out of the game less then average.With out a doubt he is one of the best in the area.But if he doesnt touch the ball they do not go any where,on the ground or in the air.They do have a couple of other good players but bye no means the talent of number 3.Passing was below average, running game average.New Lex was not a over powering team so you cant say it was the team you where playing.So in stead of thinking of making another regional run better try to win the tvc ohio,because what I seen today is a 5-5 or 6-4 record at best .If you were their you can not sit back a say you was happy with what you saw.

SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

JustusLeague wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:40 am
ttomcat 80 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:34 pm Sounds like you are talking out both sides of your mouth.So what is it,getting their butts kicked or a great game can't have both.
Sorry for being confusing, didn’t think it was hard to understand my opinion that Trimble should have the better TEAM, While NY is a very top-heavy squad. Meaning, if their big dogs play well enough they can offset the rest and make it a good game. If #3 doesn’t have 300 yards, it will be a 20+point game.

JustusLeague
Freshman Team

Post by JustusLeague »

ttomcat 80 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:58 pm Been hearing the talk about ny making another region run this year so I went to check them out for my self today.Well guess its time to stir the pot since we are only 2 weeks out now.Average at best take number 3 off the field or out of the game less then average.With out a doubt he is one of the best in the area.But if he doesnt touch the ball they do not go any where,on the ground or in the air.They do have a couple of other good players but bye no means the talent of number 3.Passing was below average, running game average.New Lex was not a over powering team so you cant say it was the team you where playing.So in stead of thinking of making another regional run better try to win the tvc ohio,because what I seen today is a 5-5 or 6-4 record at best .If you were their you can not sit back a say you was happy with what you saw.
same stuff said last year. I do agree that they will not be as good, but they will beat the kitty cats, then you will go on and be the tvc-hocking champs, like always.

JustusLeague
Freshman Team

Post by JustusLeague »

SportsFan101 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:04 pm
JustusLeague wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:40 am
Sorry for being confusing, didn’t think it was hard to understand my opinion that Trimble should have the better TEAM, While NY is a very top-heavy squad. Meaning, if their big dogs play well enough they can offset the rest and make it a good game. If #3 doesn’t have 300 yards, it will be a 20+point game.
I agree #3 is good, if stopped it will be interesting to see if anyone can step up. I am not sure how durable #3 is either. If history tells us anything....

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

JustusLeague wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:35 pm
ttomcat 80 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:58 pm Been hearing the talk about ny making another region run this year so I went to check them out for my self today.Well guess its time to stir the pot since we are only 2 weeks out now.Average at best take number 3 off the field or out of the game less then average.With out a doubt he is one of the best in the area.But if he doesnt touch the ball they do not go any where,on the ground or in the air.They do have a couple of other good players but bye no means the talent of number 3.Passing was below average, running game average.New Lex was not a over powering team so you cant say it was the team you where playing.So in stead of thinking of making another regional run better try to win the tvc ohio,because what I seen today is a 5-5 or 6-4 record at best .If you were their you can not sit back a say you was happy with what you saw.
same stuff said last year. I do agree that they will not be as good, but they will beat the kitty cats, then you will go on and be the tvc-hocking champs, like always.
NY lost to much to be as good as last year.Trimble returns every one.Trimble doesn't have to depend on 1 player to carry them but NY needs number 3 to have 300 yards of offense each game to carry them good luck with that.He will have a few of those games but not against the tomcat deffense

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

ttomcat 80 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:57 pm
NY lost to much to be as good as last year.Trimble returns every one.Trimble doesn't have to depend on 1 player to carry them but NY needs number 3 to have 300 yards of offense each game to carry them good luck with that.He will have a few of those games but not against the tomcat deffense
I believe the same thing was said last year. "NY lost Edwards, Andrews, Mount, no way they will be as good as they were last year" and Rusty took them to the final 4. I think NY and Athens both roll into week 10 undefeated in league play (maybe not overall) and play for the crown.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

We have more than 1 player.....
We have several kids who will be just fine.
We lost a really good senior class in 16 and followed that up with a regional championship in 17.
Our lines are good, Mikey Seel will do a great job as our QB and we have people who can catch. We have 2 good fullbacks, Linebacker okay will be okay. Our Dbacks are coming along.
Go ahead and just worry about Keegan, not that you guys have anyone who can cover him, but go ahead.
When Phillips, Richards, Jones, and Snyder are running up and down the field, I'll be sitting back laughing.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
JustusLeague
Freshman Team

Post by JustusLeague »

Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:11 pm

We have more than 1 player.....
We have several kids who will be just fine.
We lost a really good senior class in 16 and followed that up with a regional championship in 17.
Our lines are good, Mikey Seel will do a great job as our QB and we have people who can catch. We have 2 good fullbacks, Linebacker okay will be okay. Our Dbacks are coming along.
Go ahead and just worry about Keegan, not that you guys have anyone who can cover him, but go ahead.
When Phillips, Richards, Jones, and Snyder are running up and down the field, I'll be sitting back laughing.
NY will need Snyder at defense, no way will he be able to play both ways all the time. He tried last year, this year won't be any different. IN NO WAY will this team be as good, get your head out of Rusty's butt and you will see that. I think they will be OK, but not as good as you apparently think :)

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Love it, pot is stirred, everyone is wound up

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes

Return to “Football”