Is there a correlation between having "older players" and success

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Is there a correlation between having "older players" and success

Post by Ironman92 »

toast wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:54 pm
ArmChairQB wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:41 pm Is it possible to graduate at 20 in ohio? I thought you couldn’t be 19 before August 1st, of your senior year.
Bylaw 4-2-1 (High School Age Limitation)

Once a student attains the age of 20, the student will no longer be eligible for interscholastic athletic competition notwithstanding where that 20th birthday falls in relation to the sports season.

Not positive but I think this is a new rule for 2018/19.
I believe that is correct

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I don't know about anybody else...

I played my last high school game at age 17 years and five weeks (I was 16 for half my senior season). I was 235 and only ran about 5.4 in the 40.

Two years after that, I was 255 and my 40-time had dropped to around 5.0-5.1. My strength levels were also much higher.

I know it would have made one hell of a difference for me to be playing at little Kyger Creek HS at 19 years, five weeks than where I was as a college sophomore at that point.

As a coach, I've often run into a kid within a year or two of graduation and thought, "that kid could have benefited from playing ball with the extra physical maturity."

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Probably no way doing it but it would be very interesting to know the number of football players in each class grades 9 through 12 that are on track to graduate at 19 or 20 years old for each high school in southern Ohio.

I'm willing to bet the teams that are the most successful would have a significantly higher number than the other teams.

Return to “Football”