81%
Piketon
19%

Total votes: 37

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Waverly @ Piketon WK1

Post by smurray »

Valley would be the perfect alternative and a great venue for this County rivalry.
Plenty of parking, good seating, nice turf field.....

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

smurray wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:28 pm Valley would be the perfect alternative and a great venue for this County rivalry.
Plenty of parking, good seating, nice turf field.....
Absolutely agree. Very nice of the Valley athletic department to open up their venue to allow this game to be played. I’m still assuming the game will be played the 24th since Valley plays Portsmouth the night before

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

As long as we get Piketon’s announcer and not Waverly’s, they can play the game anywhere them want! 😂

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mikepike wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:33 pm As long as we get Piketon’s announcer and not Waverly’s, they can play the game anywhere them want! 😂
Come on Mike, it’s a neutral site - pick which half you want to announce, LOL 😆 Piketon already gets the home side bleachers 😳
Is it really already moved to Valley??

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

smurray wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:39 pm
mikepike wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:33 pm As long as we get Piketon’s announcer and not Waverly’s, they can play the game anywhere them want! 😂
Come on Mike, it’s a neutral site - pick which half you want to announce, LOL 😆 Piketon already gets the home side bleachers 😳
No idea. But, regardless, its our home game so you gotta pay to get in. Im announcing both halves!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mikepike wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:40 pm
smurray wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:39 pm
No idea. But, regardless, its our home game so you gotta pay to get in. Im announcing both halves!
Ya, but you can’t blame me for trying.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Anyone have a round about number of how many kids Piketon is going to have this year? Also, is one of Gullion's sons a freshman this year? Thought he had one as an 8th grader last year that played QB, but I could be wrong.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:34 pm Anyone have a round about number of how many kids Piketon is going to have this year? Also, is one of Gullion's sons a freshman this year? Thought he had one as an 8th grader last year that played QB, but I could be wrong.
Low number for Piketon. I think somewhere in the high 30’s low 40’s. And yes, he has a son who will be a freshman.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Cal Preps saying Waverly 27 Piketon 10 so take that with a grain of salt

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

some up n young coming talent into that program

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I think it's hard to make a prediction of how this game is going to go as of right now. I'm excited for these scrimmages coming up so we can all get a better insight on how these teams will stack up. As far as what cal preps is predicting, I think that is a decent guesstimate up to this point. Waverly has had Piketon's number for the past few seasons and I believe the Tiger's have more athletes than the Streaks again this year. Piketon does have some experience coming back, as they started a lot of fresh faces last year so those kids can take that experience and bring it to this year. Waverly is going to have some experience back as well, but there will also be a lot of new faces. Having a new guy running the show for the Tigers at QB could make for some early struggles. I could see Waverly having a bit of a learning curve at the beginning of the season, which will definitely play in Piketon's favor.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Got my first look at the 2018 version of the Waverly Tigers this morning. The Tigers lost some key players to graduation but from I saw today this Tiger team could very well be more athletic and deeper then last years squad.
No way do you replace a 3 year starting QB like Clayton Howell but as long as Shanks plays within himself he will be fine. He will be surrounded by an amazing group of WR's and RB's to take the pressure off of him. Shanks has a very strong arm, is quite a bit taller than Howell and has a great grasp on the offense.
One thing that really impressed me was their conditioning. They are in great shape and still have 2 1/2 weeks before the first game.
I only noticed one player nursing injury but he should be ready to go soon.

What's going on in Redstreak land??

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Not much chatter going on lately here...
We will get our first look at the redstreaks tomorrow as they scrimmage Minford @ home. Will be eager to hear how things go. Haven't been able to get much insight on how things are looking for Piketon. Anyone have any updates on them?

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Also, will the scrimmage tomorrow be at Piketon? Didn't know how the field conditions were at this point.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:36 am Also, will the scrimmage tomorrow be at Piketon? Didn't know how the field conditions were at this point.
Was supposed to be but had to be moved to Minford

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:34 am Not much chatter going on lately here...
We will get our first look at the redstreaks tomorrow as they scrimmage Minford @ home. Will be eager to hear how things go. Haven't been able to get much insight on how things are looking for Piketon. Anyone have any updates on them?
Looks like a low number of kids but return almost all of the offensive output from last season. You’ll be hearing Grooms, Galloway, Henderson, and Little a lot this year. Lost our anchor on defense (Thacker) at safety to a torn acl. Other than that it sounds like we are pretty healthy. I’ll be at the Minford scrimmage and will try to have some updates on here as to how they look

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Sounds like they made the same mistake I made in trying to plant new grass this spring. I did some of my yard last fall and it's awesome. I did the exact same process (same dirt, seed, etc.) to a different area of yard this Spring and it's terrible.
I guess you don't do any of that kind of work in the Spring because the grass doesn't have time for it's roots to get down deep like it does if you plant in the fall......

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

what time is scrimmage an where ?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Is there any definite decision yet on the location of this game? It's only 2 weeks away and I doubt the field will improve any with it being August already.
Is it Piketon regardless of the field? Will it be at Waverly if the field is not at a certain level of satisfaction or Valley?

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

smurray wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:36 pm Is there any definite decision yet on the location of this game? It's only 2 weeks away and I doubt the field will improve any with it being August already.
Is it Piketon regardless of the field? Will it be at Waverly if the field is not at a certain level of satisfaction or Valley?
From everything I have been hearing from different sources, some of those being Piketon parents, is that the game is looking like it will be played at Valley. That seems to be the common answer I keep receiving at least.

Return to “Football”