2018 Ironton Head football coach

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:25 am If they rehire Vass, his new staff will make things a lot better.
If Vass is rehired, who would be the new Staff members? Will the entire Staff be new or are there some of the old ones returning with him, which ones?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I guess he fired his entire family. Watch out family here comes the bus!

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

It's not my place too say who they are, only they will a lot better than the ones they have now.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

maxresdefault.jpg

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Teams still take on the attitude of the head coach. I’m not sure just changing a couple assistant coaches can stop the slippery slope that become Ironton football. If he is rehired you watch the chaos unfold.

Words got around on who these other applicants have lined up for their staffs and that’s what they are mad about. Had one guy I spoke with compare the two staffs and he couldn’t believe this was even a questionable decision.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

BigChuck wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:43 pm maxresdefault.jpg
lol

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

TOUGH wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:47 pm Teams still take on the attitude of the head coach. I’m not sure just changing a couple assistant coaches can stop the slippery slope that become Ironton football. If he is rehired you watch the chaos unfold.

Words got around on who these other applicants have lined up for their staffs and that’s what they are mad about. Had one guy I spoke with compare the two staffs and he couldn’t believe this was even a questionable decision.
I agree 100% changing the staff will not change the past. He owns what has happened to the program and the losing is just a small part of it.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Changing his staff that is a joke and most of them have not even coached a high school game. BOE move on from the Vass situation and do what you said when you ran for the Board.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

If they don't fix this now, IHS football and other programs could go by way of the city. A disaster.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

We will have too just disagree on his new staff, not making a difference,
I believe they would make a world of difference. Someone said that they
had never coach before, but some of you guy's want the young man from
West that's never coach before. There should be a coach named by this time
next week.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:59 pm We will have too just disagree on his new staff, not making a difference,
next week.
Come on same head coach same results we have seen it for more than 3 years. What does he do good ?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:59 pm We will have too just disagree on his new staff, not making a difference,
next week.
I can see the enthusiasm, but I would not say they will make a vast difference until they have proved themselves. Coaching football is not that complicated, but getting the kids to work hard, believe in the coach's direction and system, is. Trust has to be re-established.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

I encourage anyone that has any questions about the staff that Coach Vass will put in place, should go to the high school field and see the difference in the boys that have been working every Sunday afternoon. Just sit and watch. Just the difference in running routes and footwork is like night and day from years previous. Like I have mentioned several times, it’s not fair to whoever the board is going to hire or Coach Vass. If they aren’t going to hire him back they should have let him go after last season and had the new coach hired back in January. It’s the KIDS that suffer in the end. No matter how you feel about Coach Vass and his coaching, he is a good person and has feelings and also a family. These men volunteering their time have a vast knowledge of the game. One of them was a starting quarterback in college and extremely knowledgeable. But whoever they hire just do it already so people can move on and the kids can get mentally ready for the upcoming season.

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

Vass contract was not renewed. So he's not the coach. As of now.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

irontonguy2018 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:18 pm Vass contract was not renewed. So he's not the coach. As of now.
You are correct. So it’s way past time to get whoever hired and get this team ready for the new upcoming season. Should have been done months ago!

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

I agree. I do know they are going to be interviewing candidates soon. Not sure if a vote will happen next Monday or not. They have been interviewed by the a. D. And the principal already. Now the board has to interview who they think are good candidates.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

irontonguy2018 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:36 pm I agree. I do know they are going to be interviewing candidates soon. Not sure if a vote will happen next Monday or not. They have been interviewed by the a. D. And the principal already. Now the board has to interview who they think are good candidates.
This process has just taken way to long. When I talked to a board member he told me they would be naming the coach on April 16th. He said that the board will not be interviewing candidates for Coaching. They are concentrating on hiring a Superintendent. So who knows. It’s just getting so close to the season starting and still have no coach.

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

Well I talked to one. He said he wanted to get a coach hired then superintendent. But I think the board just got the list today from the a.d.he gave them a list of how he would rank them. Now the board will decide on who to interview.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

irontonguy2018 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:12 pm Well I talked to one. He said he wanted to get a coach hired then superintendent. But I think the board just got the list today from the a.d.he gave them a list of how he would rank them. Now the board will decide on who to interview.
This was probably about a week ago when I spoke to him. Just get someone hired for coach and superintendent.

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Kleao wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:08 pm I encourage anyone that has any questions about the staff that Coach Vass will put in place, should go to the high school field and see the difference in the boys that have been working every Sunday afternoon. Just sit and watch. Just the difference in running routes and footwork is like night and day from years previous. Like I have mentioned several times, it’s not fair to whoever the board is going to hire or Coach Vass. If they aren’t going to hire him back they should have let him go after last season and had the new coach hired back in January. It’s the KIDS that suffer in the end. No matter how you feel about Coach Vass and his coaching, he is a good person and has feelings and also a family. These men volunteering their time have a vast knowledge of the game. One of them was a starting quarterback in college and extremely knowledgeable. But whoever they hire just do it already so people can move on and the kids can get mentally ready for the upcoming season.

Of course he’s on the field every Sunday now . Lol his job is on the line . I could care less who coaches at this mess, but now is not the time put in the extra work. That was supposed to start 5 years ago.

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio

Return to “Football”