2018 Ironton Head football coach

JTEK
All State

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by JTEK »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:26 am
Blitz wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:23 am YTB the reason the Burg\Ironton game WAS a good rivalry WAS because even though Ironton won the vast majority of the games the games WERE competitive. Now it's just hard to watch honestly. Both fan bases want to watch these two battle. Unfortunately recently it like watching a heavyweight fight a welterweight.... a close one until the first bell rings :(
I could not agree more with you blitz and nut. they are hard to watch. and ain't nobody gonna learn to like it. ironton must step back up to the plate. no matter how competitive the games were of old , some were , some weren't. the last 4/5 bur/tiger games before lutz retired were amazing games,because burg had caught up with ironton talent n coaching wise.and they generally finished with spectacular finishes.last person with the ball type situations. but you must admit if you were on the short end of the game. and were losing the vast majority of them, then you had yer gullet full of it. and that's the same way fighting tiger fans feel right now. so I gotcha and I totally agree. and it's painfully obvious the role reversal of this game, moreso than any other rivalry game they play.
It wasn’t just the last 4-5 lutz years that were good games. Throw out 2-3 ironton blowouts and 1 burg blowout the rest were very good ballgames. The first one in the early 80’s was a good game, the first game they played when they started this new series in 94 maybe was a great game 14-7 final. Some ironton fans seem to remember all the lutz era burg games as 50 point spreads

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

the last 4/5 that lutz coached in, actually probably longer than that actually. they were not 50 point spreads at all.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:12 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:02 am
donaldtrump wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:51 pm The Jokes on you You're Tiger bait!! You HAIN'T even close to being right!!! I'M serious!!!!!!!!!!!!! You still can't comprehend it's 80% talent that wins championships!! Ironton won all those years because they absorbed a lot of the talent from Lawrence County...Like Burg is doing now.You know this but you want to get on here and act likes it's the Coaching.....No School the size of Burg or Ironton could consistently put together powerhouse teams year after without absorbing some of the surrounding Schools top talents!!! Now keep stirring the pot while straddling the fence playing nice guy in all this crap!!! My god were 17 pages talking about a high School Football Coach that means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Ol woody Hayes couldn't have gotten anymore wins out of Ironton last year!!! He may have tackled a few opponents and beaten the hell out of a couple of his players but with the same results......
Donald, the jokes on you. you must be lost as last years easter eggs if you think for a minute anybody in southern ohio thinks that all leventy hundred of those boys in burg uniforms is from the school district of burg. let's pretend here for a moment that open enrollment has been discussed numerous times and we're all aware of it. you say it's 80% talent, so I assume the other 20% is coaching and recruiting visits. I say it's 80% coaching, and 20% kids that are willing to buy into a program and be turned into athletes. lets be honest these kids are 15-18. they barely remember what they ate for breakfast. but as burg has now, and ironton did have for 40 years. they have a coaching staff that knows how to put the right kids where they need to be.run the right schemes they have each week to best suit the level of talent they have , nor necc. the same thing every year, or even every week. ironton absorbed a series of kids that wanted to play for the chance at a college scholarship, a winning program, the coaches ironton had, and to play for a program with such tradition that the joint is full plumb to the rafters, whether they are home or away. and to play in that covered stadium where the ironton tanks played. ----------------------------- the same thing that is going on at burg now. BUT THERE IS ONE THING THAT HAS GOT KIDS TO BOTH DISTRICTS FOTR THIS REASON, AND IT'S THE COACHING. I MAY LOOK GOOFY, BUT IT'S JUST A DISGUISE. NONE OF THIS HAPPENS WITHOUT THE COACHING TO GET IT DONE. burg currently has that, ironton does not. now I know how burg must have felt up till 2007 when they couldn't beat ironton but 3 times. now that ironton is getting shelled every time we play burg. and I don't like it, and ain't gonna learn to either. but I promise you while ironton was beating trhe breaks off of the burg, we wasn't talking about ending the rivalry. I have the utmost respect for the pirates, that has to be a lil more than obvious. and the reason I do is because I watched ironton do it, and know what it takes to do it. and ironton has been to like 5/6 more state games than burg. we both have 2 state titles now. the key here is burg has been to 2 , and won each time. which is awesome, but the span was from 89 to 2017. for a while ironton was there all the time it seemed. we can play this comparing game all day long. as long as it's rainin, and I have my toenails trimmed and my sweeper bag changed. but the bottom line isd burg is doing what ironton did. and ironton wants them days back. AND IT HAIN'T GONNA HAPPEN WITHOUT A COACHING CHANGE.
5-6 more State games than Burg, doesn’t mean squat. The span for Burgs is 17-?? What is Irontons span now? You make the backhanded comments acting like you have respect. But any chance you get, you bash. I get it. You’re butthurt.
jolly get this through yer thick skull as long as ironton topics are dominated by burg posters calling the tigers everything from a dumpster fire to whatever else is the catch phrase of the week. and there are some classy burg posters , then there are those that are anything but. so as long as you are tossing out sarcasm and downright poor sportsmanship and dominating our topics , then deal with it big boy. what's good for the goose is what's good for the gander. then occasionally expect smacktalk back and put yer big boy undies on n take it. and 5/6 more state game appearances means a whole lot more if you are a fighting tiger fan. I was not making a backhanded comment at all , I was saying ironton has been to like 8 and won 2. when burg gets there they win it. but I'm glad you took it that way now.and heck yes I'm butt hurt, I want ya'll coming home on the short end of the stick again. but not at the extent of belittling another program.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Burg has a bunch of final 4 appearances but always had a hard time making it to the championship game. They had a few good opportunities in the '90s but unfortunately ran into some great Versailles and Valley View teams that ended up winning it all.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I think we can all agree that the Fighting Tigers and the Pirates have been the premier Football programs for Southeastern Ohio over the years. I'm just glad a State Championship made its way back to these parts again. Congratulations to the Pirates on doing that, hopefully the Fighting Tigers make the right changes and get things turned around to compete again.

Go Fighting Tigers...........
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I don't mind the losses against rivals. That is expected in rivalry games. You win some, you lose some. What I will not stand for is blow outs to teams you should be competitive with. As I noted above, myself and a lot of former players saw the same thing in recent Tiger teams. They quit after they get down. Once that attitude permeates a program it is hard to get rid of. Quitting has no place in any program whether it is coming from coaching, the players or a combination of both. I hope Ironton rights the ship before it is too late. Never discount what a winning attitude can do for a program. If it means cleaning house, so be it. The longer that attitude exists, the worse things will get.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:22 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:12 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:02 am

Donald, the jokes on you. you must be lost as last years easter eggs if you think for a minute anybody in southern ohio thinks that all leventy hundred of those boys in burg uniforms is from the school district of burg. let's pretend here for a moment that open enrollment has been discussed numerous times and we're all aware of it. you say it's 80% talent, so I assume the other 20% is coaching and recruiting visits. I say it's 80% coaching, and 20% kids that are willing to buy into a program and be turned into athletes. lets be honest these kids are 15-18. they barely remember what they ate for breakfast. but as burg has now, and ironton did have for 40 years. they have a coaching staff that knows how to put the right kids where they need to be.run the right schemes they have each week to best suit the level of talent they have , nor necc. the same thing every year, or even every week. ironton absorbed a series of kids that wanted to play for the chance at a college scholarship, a winning program, the coaches ironton had, and to play for a program with such tradition that the joint is full plumb to the rafters, whether they are home or away. and to play in that covered stadium where the ironton tanks played. ----------------------------- the same thing that is going on at burg now. BUT THERE IS ONE THING THAT HAS GOT KIDS TO BOTH DISTRICTS FOTR THIS REASON, AND IT'S THE COACHING. I MAY LOOK GOOFY, BUT IT'S JUST A DISGUISE. NONE OF THIS HAPPENS WITHOUT THE COACHING TO GET IT DONE. burg currently has that, ironton does not. now I know how burg must have felt up till 2007 when they couldn't beat ironton but 3 times. now that ironton is getting shelled every time we play burg. and I don't like it, and ain't gonna learn to either. but I promise you while ironton was beating trhe breaks off of the burg, we wasn't talking about ending the rivalry. I have the utmost respect for the pirates, that has to be a lil more than obvious. and the reason I do is because I watched ironton do it, and know what it takes to do it. and ironton has been to like 5/6 more state games than burg. we both have 2 state titles now. the key here is burg has been to 2 , and won each time. which is awesome, but the span was from 89 to 2017. for a while ironton was there all the time it seemed. we can play this comparing game all day long. as long as it's rainin, and I have my toenails trimmed and my sweeper bag changed. but the bottom line isd burg is doing what ironton did. and ironton wants them days back. AND IT HAIN'T GONNA HAPPEN WITHOUT A COACHING CHANGE.
5-6 more State games than Burg, doesn’t mean squat. The span for Burgs is 17-?? What is Irontons span now? You make the backhanded comments acting like you have respect. But any chance you get, you bash. I get it. You’re butthurt.
jolly get this through yer thick skull as long as ironton topics are dominated by burg posters calling the tigers everything from a dumpster fire to whatever else is the catch phrase of the week. and there are some classy burg posters , then there are those that are anything but. so as long as you are tossing out sarcasm and downright poor sportsmanship and dominating our topics , then deal with it big boy. what's good for the goose is what's good for the gander. then occasionally expect smacktalk back and put yer big boy undies on n take it. and 5/6 more state game appearances means a whole lot more if you are a fighting tiger fan. I was not making a backhanded comment at all , I was saying ironton has been to like 8 and won 2. when burg gets there they win it. but I'm glad you took it that way now.and heck yes I'm butt hurt, I want ya'll coming home on the short end of the stick again. but not at the extent of belittling another program.
I got em on buddy. Front, back, inside out, front, back. They never come off. When you continue to “compare” Burg and Ironton then you are inviting others opinions. So I give you mine. Whether you like it or not, you got it. You can defend yourself all you want. It has been brought up several times already.

I don’t know how I “took it that way” when it was clearly written that way. Don’t cower behind a false sense of superiority.

At least you can admit to being Butthurt. That’s admirable.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Otto wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:39 pm Burg has a bunch of final 4 appearances but always had a hard time making it to the championship game. They had a few good opportunities in the '90s but unfortunately ran into some great Versailles and Valley View teams that ended up winning it all.
DING DING DING

Kids come First
Waterboy

Post by Kids come First »

79Tiger wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:59 pm I don't mind the losses against rivals. That is expected in rivalry games. You win some, you lose some. What I will not stand for is blow outs to teams you should be competitive with. As I noted above, myself and a lot of former players saw the same thing in recent Tiger teams. They quit after they get down. Once that attitude permeates a program it is hard to get rid of. Quitting has no place in any program whether it is coming from coaching, the players or a combination of both. I hope Ironton rights the ship before it is too late. Never discount what a winning attitude can do for a program. If it means cleaning house, so be it. The longer that attitude exists, the worse things will get.
I couldn’t have said it any better 79 Tiger. It’s about time that the school board and the AD make some changes and do it now even if it calls for hurting some people’s feelings. I know for a fact that luke salmons has applied and been interviewed as well as trevan pendelton. Also, trotwood madison’s defensive coordinator has put in for it too but they haven’t even interviewed him. I guess we don’t need anyone like those 3 guys leading our kids???Our kids deserve the best and it’s time that the BOE and the AD deliver it to our kids. Quit being afraid of the teacher’s union and ohio revised code. There is no excuses

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

It's a darn shame we couldn't have had Burgs Coaching staff to Coach the Ironton Fighting Tigers last year!!!!! We would have had another State Title!!!!!!!!!!!! One more time Bait. Your in a time warp!! Ironton does not have the talent Burg has!!! You really need to get over it!!! I can't wait to see Ironton get a new coach!! Instead of Burg beating them by 40 maybe we can keep it around 35.... My guess is ol Bait sits at home, pops some popcorn, slaps in some old fighting tiger playoff games \and cries like a baby. Then gets on SEOP and tells everyone why the Tigers are losing even though he doesn't go to any practices or games!!! He's a darn genius...He goes on hearsay!!! You're hired Bait!!!!!! Now go tell Vass what he did wrong...

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

donaldtrump wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:13 pm It's a darn shame we couldn't have had Burgs Coaching staff to Coach the Ironton Fighting Tigers last year!!!!! We would have had another State Title!!!!!!!!!!!! One more time Bait. Your in a time warp!! Ironton does not have the talent Burg has!!! You really need to get over it!!! I can't wait to see Ironton get a new coach!! Instead of Burg beating them by 40 maybe we can keep it around 35.... My guess is ol Bait sits at home, pops some popcorn, slaps in some old fighting tiger playoff games \and cries like a baby. Then gets on SEOP and tells everyone why the Tigers are losing even though he doesn't go to any practices or games!!! He's a darn genius...He goes on hearsay!!! You're hired Bait!!!!!! Now go tell Vass what he did wrong...
BEST post I've read on SEOPS. You hit the nail on the head. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

When ironton realizes its not a big school anymore, they could become good again. But until then, you could stick bill belechick in there and the result will yield the same. D5 programs are build from bottom up not top down.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Hearing Pendleton is getting the job so has some of the players , Ironton will lose around 10 kids as soon as this in announced maybe sooner. Couple will be gone by Monday

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

4th and iches wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:34 am Hearing Pendleton is getting the job so has some of the players , Ironton will lose around 10 kids as soon as this in announced maybe sooner. Couple will be gone by Monday
If kids leave, I’d be embarrassed. School is about education. Sports is secondary. Where are they going to go? Lol

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

And before you guys get on here and bash the kids for leaving and say we don’t want them if that’s their attitude, how about how can we blame them or their parents wanting to get them out of this soap opera , I’m embarrassed, kids are embarrassed and so are the parents they way this was handled the way the athletic dept is running things is a joke , the AD needs to go he’s a big problem and the BOE is a circus , he said she said he’s sleeping with her he’s doing this and that .. we are the laughing stock of Lawrence co. How in the world can we blame kids for leaving this mess

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

They’ve had an entire month to interview as many of the couple dozen candidates that have expressed interest in the job. So far they’ve only interviewed 8 people. 3 of those were in-house. That means the full time AD has only interviewed 5 outside the school system. There’s plenty of coaches who’ve applied that haven’t even gotten a call back. One of those I know of is an assistant coach at Raceland, Ky. He applied 3 weeks ago and found out one of the people conducting interviews didn’t even know he had applied. That right there tells me that this whole interview process is nothing more than for show. Nothing is going to change.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

wobycat wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:50 am
4th and iches wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:34 am Hearing Pendleton is getting the job so has some of the players , Ironton will lose around 10 kids as soon as this in announced maybe sooner. Couple will be gone by Monday
If kids leave, I’d be embarrassed. School is about education. Sports is secondary. Where are they going to go? Lol
You know if kids are leaving for coaches then there is something wrong. Ironton went 4 and 6 last year don't they want to win. When you have past coaches telling them to leave then they should be gone. 10 kids leaving because of sports their parents need to educated that school first then sports.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Tigercannon71 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:16 am They’ve had an entire month to interview as many of the couple dozen candidates that have expressed interest in the job. So far they’ve only interviewed 8 people. 3 of those were in-house. That means the full time AD has only interviewed 5 outside the school system. There’s plenty of coaches who’ve applied that haven’t even gotten a call back. One of those I know of is an assistant coach at Raceland, Ky. He applied 3 weeks ago and found out one of the people conducting interviews didn’t even know he had applied. That right there tells me that this whole interview process is nothing more than for show. Nothing is going to change.
I would say they are telling him this because they don't have guts to tell him the truth. They received his resume and they just don't want him in the school system at this time.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:58 pm I think we can all agree that the Fighting Tigers and the Pirates have been the premier Football programs for Southeastern Ohio over the years. I'm just glad a State Championship made its way back to these parts again. Congratulations to the Pirates on doing that, hopefully the Fighting Tigers make the right changes and get things turned around to compete again.

Go Fighting Tigers...........
I agree buckeye I rooted for them the whole way. as I did for the other local teams involved.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

79Tiger wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:59 pm I don't mind the losses against rivals. That is expected in rivalry games. You win some, you lose some. What I will not stand for is blow outs to teams you should be competitive with. As I noted above, myself and a lot of former players saw the same thing in recent Tiger teams. They quit after they get down. Once that attitude permeates a program it is hard to get rid of. Quitting has no place in any program whether it is coming from coaching, the players or a combination of both. I hope Ironton rights the ship before it is too late. Never discount what a winning attitude can do for a program. If it means cleaning house, so be it. The longer that attitude exists, the worse things will get.
excellent post.

Return to “Football”