Truth Doesn't Have a Side

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Truth Doesn't Have a Side

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Letting kids play football is not child abuse, end of story. Dangerous? Yes. Child abuse? No.

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:23 pm Letting kids play football is not child abuse, end of story. Dangerous? Yes. Child abuse? No.
The story is just beginning.

Do you want your child, or any child, to have even the slightest chance of having CTE later on in life?

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

Ohio's Department of Health definition of child abuse:

http://ship.oh.networkofcare.org/ph/lib ... wid=tm4865

"Child abuse means doing something that hurts a child "

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Phoenix31 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:30 pm
Chieftain2009 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:23 pm Letting kids play football is not child abuse, end of story. Dangerous? Yes. Child abuse? No.
The story is just beginning.

Do you want your child, or any child, to have even the slightest chance of having CTE later on in life?
There is a chance of getting it even if you don't play tackle football until high school. I played flag football until school football started in 7th grade. I will let my child decide if they want to play football, and chances are, if they do, I'll make them play flag football until school ball starts. If my kid wants to play football with their friends, I'll let them. If they want to play football, that's okay. If they don't want to play, that's okay too.

If you play flag instead of contact as a kid, and you have a good coach, you're more likely to learn proper techniques in blocking, etc. But, that does not help you in learning proper form in making a tackle.

Regardless, if you play football (or any other contact sport for that matter) there is always a chance for brain injury even if you do things the right way.

But, back to the point of your crazy comments. Football is not child abuse. Comparing playing football to actual, real child abuse, to me, saying that out loud, is crazy.

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

Here is an interview with former NFL player, Kyle Turley, along with Dr. Omalu.

Interesting that Kyle Turley did not play football until he was a senior in high school!!!!!!!!!

https://www.thedoctorstv.com/articles/4 ... hild-abuse

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Phoenix31 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:40 pm Ohio's Department of Health definition of child abuse:

Since you have started the conversation about this, you should be willing to take other people's opinions and views of the subject. Obviously, you are not willing to do that. Since we are quoting these things, here's the definition of assault:

"a threat or attempt to inflict offensive physical contact or bodily harm on a person that puts the person in immediate danger of or in apprehension of such harm or contact"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/assault

So, you are also saying that playing football in after the age of 18, you are saying that the coach, school or governing body is committing assault against these adults. Right? By your logic, that's what it is.

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:44 pmBut, back to the point of your crazy comments. Football is not child abuse. Comparing playing football to actual, real child abuse, to me, saying that out loud, is crazy.
https://www.sacfirm.com/blog/law-medici ... -football/

"The truth will always prevail," Dr. Omalu has said, "but it may take a long time to come."

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:49 pm
Phoenix31 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:40 pm Ohio's Department of Health definition of child abuse:

Since you have started the conversation about this, you should be willing to take other people's opinions and views of the subject. Obviously, you are not willing to do that. Since we are quoting these things, here's the definition of assault:

"a threat or attempt to inflict offensive physical contact or bodily harm on a person that puts the person in immediate danger of or in apprehension of such harm or contact"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/assault

So, you are also saying that playing football in after the age of 18, you are saying that the coach, school or governing body is committing assault against these adults. Right? By your logic, that's what it is.
It appears to me that you have found a correct-sized shoe... but only before the age of 18. After that, it is entirely on the individual as to what damage is done to their bodies.

:mrgreen:

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

I am much more conservative than 99% of the people in this world; however, when it comes to helping and protecting children, there is no argument about liberals vs conservatives because the welfare of children always comes first.

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

In my opinion, all tackle football should be abandoned until the Freshmen year of high school...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Phoenix31 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:14 pm In my opinion, all tackle football should be abandoned until the Freshmen year of high school...
You don't believe that would cause more problems, if a kid doesn't learn how to use proper technique until they get to high school?

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:42 pm You don't believe that would cause more problems, if a kid doesn't learn how to use proper technique until they get to high school?
No

Have you watched some (not all) of these travel football teams?

Unbelievable...

They play in weekend tournaments!!!!!

I watched one last year on a Sunday at the Univeristy of Cincinnati. They were playing @ Marge Schott Stadium......home of UC Bearcat Baseball.....

Also, there are middle school football tournaments in Kentucky that coincide with conference tournaments. Teams will play 3 to 4 games in one week's time!

Unbelievable!!!

Again, no.....

Freshmen/JV Football should be the learning ground for tackle football....not with somebody trying to win games at the expense of damaging the brains of kids!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Phoenix31 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:56 pm
Chieftain2009 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:44 pmBut, back to the point of your crazy comments. Football is not child abuse. Comparing playing football to actual, real child abuse, to me, saying that out loud, is crazy.
https://www.sacfirm.com/blog/law-medici ... -football/

"The truth will always prevail," Dr. Omalu has said, "but it may take a long time to come."
Follow your cult, the naïve simply have no voice of their own. There's people who want to be part of the problem and not part of the solution. I showed you an article on where technology was trying to help solve the problem and you said nothing. Think I'll follow the path of finding a solution you keep following your cult leader. Kids do so much, let's keep them from doing anything where they might fall. What's funny is how you try to spout facts but you give examples of adults and then say they didn't play football until senior year. AJ Green didn't play until 8th or 9th grade. Only a small portion of kids that play football go on to play ball in college and even smaller amount that go pro. So do you have statistics from a kid that played ball for a few years and once they graduated that's it?? I mean all of your non-sense from your cult leader and you guys don't offer a solution other than saying don't play correct?? I mean obviously playing at an older age doesn't matter does it??? You go ask your grand wizard give him a penny for his thought and let him guide you because you are bringing nothing to this conversation. You don't listen to anyone other than your leader and you are part of the problem. You want to claim child abuse did you do as I said and call child services, police station, talk to adults who were truly abused as children??? Then you should shut your mouth about something you truly don't know about calling it child abuse, shame on you. If you can't see that then you truly are blind.

"The term cult usually refers to a social group defined by its religious, spiritual, or philosophical beliefs, or its common interest in a particular personality, object or goal."

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

Nobody is taking your security blanket away from you, Linus. The game of football is not going away.

Cult? Wow!

I have commented on the other thread concerning "How to make the game safer." I spoke about Vector Mouthguards with real-time data for medical personnel on the sidelines. I didn't cry for attention when other posters failed to comment about it. Do you really need to have the focus on your every word? Go take a selfie, if you must.

BTW, here is a link to that thread....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66435

Shut my mouth?

What is this.....junior high all over again?

"Knowing what we know today, there is no reason whatsoever that any child under the age of 18 should play the high-impact, high-contact sports."......Dr. Bennet Omalu

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.today. ... ds-t115938

He was referring to the following sports:

American Football
Ice Hockey
Mixed Martial Arts
Boxing
Wrestling
Rugby
Lacrosse

In addition, children should not begin soccer until reaching beyond 12-14 years of age and no heading until the age of 18.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

We have enough of these kids setting around all day pushing and pressing with their fingers. Take these sports away and we will have double the do nothing kids if not more.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:17 am We have enough of these kids setting around all day pushing and pressing with their fingers. Take these sports away and we will have double the do nothing kids if not more.
There are many non-contact sports available to children that would provide them with a more suitable outlet for exercise.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Phoenix31 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:39 am Nobody is taking your security blanket away from you, Linus. The game of football is not going away.

Cult? Wow!

I have commented on the other thread concerning "How to make the game safer." I spoke about Vector Mouthguards with real-time data for medical personnel on the sidelines. I didn't cry for attention when other posters failed to comment about it. Do you really need to have the focus on your every word? Go take a selfie, if you must.

BTW, here is a link to that thread....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66435

Shut my mouth?

What is this.....junior high all over again?

"Knowing what we know today, there is no reason whatsoever that any child under the age of 18 should play the high-impact, high-contact sports."......Dr. Bennet Omalu

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.today. ... ds-t115938

He was referring to the following sports:

American Football
Ice Hockey
Mixed Martial Arts
Boxing
Wrestling
Rugby
Lacrosse

In addition, children should not begin soccer until reaching beyond 12-14 years of age and no heading until the age of 18.
ABSOLUTELY, when you make a statement it is your belief, so what makes you believe we should omit ourselves to current areas you comment on?? You still acknowledge only what you want to. I'm glad in this post you didn't refer to child abuse, good for you, and yes you read shut your mouth correctly if you kept referring to it that way. Oh I know it's not going away, you do know what a security blanket is right?? That's why I say try and help make it safer be apart of the solution. You want to focus on cult you are following and heeding the word of your $10 book "dr". Don't you think baseball should be added to that, kids get his by pitches, misjudge the ball get hit in the face and head, grounder pops up and hits them in the head.

"The term cult usually refers to a social group defined by its religious, spiritual, or philosophical beliefs, or its common interest in a particular personality, object or goal."

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

http://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panth ... ain-injury

Curious if your "dr" read into or has looked into this research. This is one I'm curious about especially with the studies they done with high school teams and the ones who wore it vs the ones who didn't and the data they gathered. Could it be a start, maybe let's hope.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I didnt read through all this, but I have a thought Im not a doctor so I dont know its just a thought. I watched the 48 hours special on Aaron Hernadez the other night. They talked about his brain and how it looked and it was because of football. Early in the special the talked about how he was a chronic weed smoker as well as a user of other mind altering drugs. They keep doing research on all these football and even wrestlers about how their brains are affected by concussions. Have they done any research on how drugs might affect the brain in combination with the concussion? I mean maybe the drug and alcohol abuse helps to speed up CTE you know what I mean. Maybe without the drugs these cases would not be so bad. I dont know Im not a doctor so Im just posting a question you know.

Return to “Football”