2018 Portsmouth Trojans Football Outlook

hbk1999
JV Team

Re: Portsmouth Football Coach

Post by hbk1999 »

The harsh reality of sports of all kinds in Portsmouth and all of southeast Ohio is there aren’t many big name coaches waiting in line for these jobs. The days of bringing in a coach and 5 assistants and giving them all teaching jobs is over. Most schools have to hire within because those are the only people who have any interest in these jobs. If you aren’t from Southern Ohio you sure as heck aren’t moving here. I know we all like to think we are big time, but the reality is we live in a depressed area that most people are looking to get away from. Moving your life here to lose football games and be hated by people by a bunch of know it all strangers in an impoverished town isn’t exactly a dream come true for a quality coach.

Osu fan
Waterboy

Post by Osu fan »

Man, I thought my Ironton Fightin Tigers had a brutal and delusional fan base. After reading these threads about the Trojans I have to believe they are even worse. First of all, from my vantage point, the Trojan players aren't very good. The hype is just that...hype! Daddies that probably weren't any good that think their kids are superstars and all going D1. The current head coach and staff at least made the program respectable and competitive after many many years of being atrocious. I have a great idea for portsmouth that would greatly benefit my Fightin Tigers. How about they hire Trojan Dave as Athletic Director. He seems to have all the answers for Trojan athletics. Then they can name Nut as Offensive Coordinator. I'm sure his play calling would be stellar with all his years of experience coaching from the stands. Then get Prime Time and Beergoggleblues to be the other coordinators. All of Portsmouth's problems would be solved then. Somebody should let them all know that Portsmouth is accepting applications. Wonder if any of them could pass a background check to be around kids?

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

When this subject comes up they compare the prospect of football to the turnaround in basketball. 3 or 4 decent basketball players and some roll players can make a basketball team. That's not the case in football.

This year the football team wasn't that talented, especially after Parker got hurt. Next year it will be much worse.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I’m not moving to Portsmouth. No way. Just throwing out a solution to a program that is trying to some how get a winning attitude. Think it’s typical of giving thoughts , that people assume your against them if your not in there inner circle.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Personally OSU fan ,find your response to this is ,you must be in inner circle and are sensitive to any suggestions by these people trying to help get a solution here.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

hbk1999 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:06 pm All the crybaby daddies living through their children can post all they want, but the truth is you won’t find a coach who will work harder than Bruce Kalb to make Portsmouth Football great again.

You all need to take a long look in the mirror.
I agree with parents living through their kids because u see a lot that didn’t play ball or sat the bench thinking they know more ball than anybody or making stories how good they were!! I don’t know anything about Bruce Kalb but he played for Portsmouth.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Osu fan wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:03 am Man, I thought my Ironton Fightin Tigers had a brutal and delusional fan base. After reading these threads about the Trojans I have to believe they are even worse. First of all, from my vantage point, the Trojan players aren't very good. The hype is just that...hype! Daddies that probably weren't any good that think their kids are superstars and all going D1. The current head coach and staff at least made the program respectable and competitive after many many years of being atrocious. I have a great idea for portsmouth that would greatly benefit my Fightin Tigers. How about they hire Trojan Dave as Athletic Director. He seems to have all the answers for Trojan athletics. Then they can name Nut as Offensive Coordinator. I'm sure his play calling would be stellar with all his years of experience coaching from the stands. Then get Prime Time and Beergoggleblues to be the other coordinators. All of Portsmouth's problems would be solved then. Somebody should let them all know that Portsmouth is accepting applications. Wonder if any of them could pass a background check to be around kids?
Because fans put their opinion out there about what they feel needs done you post your smart ass remarks to try to be little them?

And no you ate right,your fighten tigers are brutal and delusional, difference is no one from Portsmouth gives a darn about your problems why you up in theirs?

People seem to forget these coaches ,ADs even superintendent work for the tax payers and as tax payers they should be able to post or even ask opinions the way they try to keep it buddy to buddy and not want to talk about it with anyone is bulshit

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

This last post is one of the most accurate and truthful post on this topic. Dontreply, you hit a nerve and and your last paragraph is 100 percent accurate.

ohiobuckeyefootball
Waterboy

Post by ohiobuckeyefootball »

Portsmouth blew it a few years ago right after Clifford. There were a few qualified coaches that did apply, but they hired the Sparks guy with little experience, unprofessional, and from another state. I know two of the names that were thrown around were PHS grads and college assistant coaches. Shame that a Super from Ironton started the dark era of PHS football.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

I really am an impartial observer............that being said, Im going to tell you what I know about Bruce Kaub,I start by telling you I have not spoken with Bruce in many years.......when I did know Bruce was his playing years and maybe another year after he graduated. The best I can say is, I think Greg Hickman loved this young man as a son, that's good enough for me.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

ohiobuckeyefootball wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:21 pm Portsmouth blew it a few years ago right after Clifford. There were a few qualified coaches that did apply, but they hired the Sparks guy with little experience, unprofessional, and from another state. I know two of the names that were thrown around were PHS grads and college assistant coaches. Shame that a Super from Ironton started the dark era of PHS football.
This is a great post and very true,sparks was a joke if the administration was fooled by this fool ithese scary to think what they ate capable of doing.
If they hire any of the present staff this program will continue in the downward spiral it in in,AD,was,the best man for the job but ibthink he put to much trust in his assistant.

The superintendent? He don't give a poop about the Trojan, never went there never liked them,he grew up in Lawrence county hating the Trojan's,who in the hell thought this was a good hire? We have already lost three great teachers o Er him,two of them were great coaches who loved and cared for our kids,and from what I understand wevate losing a couple more teachers this year over him,could it be another coach too????

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

If Portsmouth hires in house without opening the job to at least see the interest ,it truly shows the AD and who ever else is involved, they don't care about the football program at all!!!

All these problems are problems because of who is involved now sobthey don't have an answer,all you are do,g is taking someone that is bad at his job and putting him in charge of the whole program ,shows that going to turn things around?
If you are hiring in house,you better just beg Duncan to stay.

And I with lots of others plan on going to board meeting on dutey, he needs to go

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

These last two posts seem to be exactly what I have been thinking also. Agree 100 percent in there thoughts. Who holds these ADs and superintendents in check the school board. I’m not trying to be a ass as insinuated either and no I don’t want to be a coach and no I don’t live in Portsmouth and yes the kids deserve the best out there

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

If the mad daddies who post on here are representative of the how the community is, anyone who would touch this job is nuts!

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

hbk1999 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:35 pm If the mad daddies who post on here are representative of the how the community is, anyone who would touch this job is nuts!
Ain't no mad daddy here PAL,my boy played and graduated under Clifford who he got mad at his junior year and did not want to play for him,I said fine don't play for him but you will finish school here, he played the final two years as a Trojan.
So before you group everyone together know the facts or shut you chops

Beergoggleblues
Waterboy

Post by Beergoggleblues »

I was told by a source cadogen said he doesn't want the job. Not because he doesn't want it but has full time coaching with swimming and track. Something was brought up that he would maybe have to give those up and he didn't want too. If true I don't blame him. Head coach takes alot of time. Going to be interesting to see who gets it.

Beergoggleblues
Waterboy

Post by Beergoggleblues »

dontreply wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:11 pm
Osu fan wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:03 am Man, I thought my Ironton Fightin Tigers had a brutal and delusional fan base. After reading these threads about the Trojans I have to believe they are even worse. First of all, from my vantage point, the Trojan players aren't very good. The hype is just that...hype! Daddies that probably weren't any good that think their kids are superstars and all going D1. The current head coach and staff at least made the program respectable and competitive after many many years of being atrocious. I have a great idea for portsmouth that would greatly benefit my Fightin Tigers. How about they hire Trojan Dave as Athletic Director. He seems to have all the answers for Trojan athletics. Then they can name Nut as Offensive Coordinator. I'm sure his play calling would be stellar with all his years of experience coaching from the stands. Then get Prime Time and Beergoggleblues to be the other coordinators. All of Portsmouth's problems would be solved then. Somebody should let them all know that Portsmouth is accepting applications. Wonder if any of them could pass a background check to be around kids?
Because fans put their opinion out there about what they feel needs done you post your smart ass remarks to try to be little them?

And no you ate right,your fighten tigers are brutal and delusional, difference is no one from Portsmouth gives a darn about your problems why you up in theirs?

People seem to forget these coaches ,ADs even superintendent work for the tax payers and as tax payers they should be able to post or even ask opinions the way they try to keep it buddy to buddy and not want to talk about it with anyone is bulshit
I'll take the job lol. I can 100% pass a background check. I'm just a fan and critique what I see. I guess I hit a nerve somewhere.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

If donoreply isn’t a mad daddy I don’t know who would be. Can’t see the forest for the trees.

Amazing.

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

The job is posted for 5 days lmao I guess that means in house.

Nut
Riding the Bench

Post by Nut »

Beergoggleblues wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:00 pm
dontreply wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:11 pm

I'll take the job lol. I can 100% pass a background check. I'm just a fan and critique what I see. I guess I hit a nerve somewhere.
I don’t think this fool is from Ironton.. coaches wife or mommy I’m sure. Lol

Return to “Football”