State Champs Wheelersburg 21- Eastwood 14

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: D5 State Championship: Wheelersburg vs Pemberville Eastwood

Post by Mad-Dogg »

callie15 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:35 pm If any Burg fan has a way to record the final this weekend on cd or vhs I would be glad to purchase one from you.
i can prolly transfer it onto a dvd. i plan on recording it on my dvr

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
TIGER#27
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg vs Pemberville Eastwood

Post by TIGER#27 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:13 am Cal Preps:

Burg 27
Pemberville 26
Must change a lot
neutral field
[2017] Eastwood (Pemberville, OH) 24, [2017] Wheelersburg (OH) 23

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

VERY STOKED ABOUT THIS GAME FER YA'LL SWASHBUCKLER'S.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Like what everyone is saying about Defense wins Championships and I agree, as both D's are very good, but while Defense wins championships so does having Tanner as a WR.
Pemberville will not be able to contain him.
My predictions is Tanner has 3 TD's and Burg wins 28-21.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

This is how I'll sum up this game...

Sorry Eastwood, but after a few spears and a jackhammer, I see the berg (I mean BURG) bringing the State Title home to Southern Ohio! lol

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

On Drew Pastuers fantastic 50 rankings he has Eastood at #44 ranked above Clinton Massie at #47 Burg #49 lol now I think those rankings are a joke! GO BURG!

Burg grad 85
Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:52 pm Gonna be one heck of a game both teams are averaging about the same on offense and defense. Burg has had a tougher schedule but not by much.Burg #19 toughest Eastwood #24 toughest. But I do think that Burg had a tougher road to the title game. Also the Eagles and Burg are wery quick and fast to the ball on defense. IMO the Burg is more well rounded on offense.The Eagles tend to run way more than pass. On paper this is pretty much a toss up so I think whoever executes the best and has the least mistakes will win this game. Burg is my pick ofcourse and good luck to both teams for an injury free game. GO BURG 27 to 14
How can you say burgs offense is well rounded when the last 2 games their offense has been no where to be found and the reason burg racked up so many points in the regular season is because of not so good teams yes I’m rooting for the burg but please don’t pound your chest about how good your offense is my rant is over GO BURG

SOC 1
#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

scott1297 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:11 am On Drew Pastuers fantastic 50 rankings he has Eastood at #44 ranked above Clinton Massie at #47 Burg #49 lol now I think those rankings are a joke! GO BURG!
I think Burg beat the best team remaining last week. Madison didn’t get no “love” in the rankings because it was their first time there but that team was legit! Anna, CHCA, West Jefferson, then played ball with us. In my opinion Burg has it easier this week but we’ll see how it goes come Friday

Sportsfan_guy_74
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan_guy_74 »

hateraid wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:47 am Prediction!!!

Some idiot from Wheelersburg will yet again predict a running clock
lol true! Every burg fan almost says every game will be running clock. :lol:

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Mad-Dogg , I know you, keep this in mind for later. Thanks

stickem
Freshman Team

Post by stickem »

Quick question about tickets, does my 4 year old have to have a general admission ticket?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

callie15 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:26 am Mad-Dogg , I know you, keep this in mind for later. Thanks
:D :D :D :D

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

No reason why Burg can't win this game Friday.

Last 2 weeks have been excellent tests for the defense against the Run and Burg defense remains superb.

Eastwood Defense also has been superb for the past 4 weeks during the playoffs, and Burg Offense has struggled the past 2 weeks...I see something finally breaking Friday where Butter, Old School, Sheriff and the boys will be putting points on the board.

BRING IT HOME BURG!!!

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Seabee_0586 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:17 am
scott1297 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:52 pm Gonna be one heck of a game both teams are averaging about the same on offense and defense. Burg has had a tougher schedule but not by much.Burg #19 toughest Eastwood #24 toughest. But I do think that Burg had a tougher road to the title game. Also the Eagles and Burg are wery quick and fast to the ball on defense. IMO the Burg is more well rounded on offense.The Eagles tend to run way more than pass. On paper this is pretty much a toss up so I think whoever executes the best and has the least mistakes will win this game. Burg is my pick ofcourse and good luck to both teams for an injury free game. GO BURG 27 to 14
How can you say burgs offense is well rounded when the last 2 games their offense has been no where to be found and the reason burg racked up so many points in the regular season is because of not so good teams yes I’m rooting for the burg but please don’t pound your chest about how good your offense is my rant is over GO BURG

I believe he meant Burg’s offense was more well rounded compared to Eastwood’s. Burg’s is maybe a 70/30, 80/20 pass/run team where as Eastwood is a 90/10, 95/5 pass/ run team.
Onto my next point.....BURG WINS THIS GAME!! Doesn’t matter by 1 or 100 points.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

stickem wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:41 am Quick question about tickets, does my 4 year old have to have a general admission ticket?
Yes only kids 2 and under get in free

Burg grad 85
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think if Burg's offense sputters the first half like it has the past 2 games, Eastwood will not let them back in it.

Hopefully Burg gets a fast start. Good luck this week.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Tickets are on sale now until thursday at the high school or at Deemers Go BURG!

Burg grad 85
#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

Paladin wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:15 pm OK. Here, poor sports, is why I am now no longer picking Burg. Burg struggled to beat the #140Pasteur ranked team. Eastwood beat South Range, the #85 ranked team easy. Look at not the division's or records , but simply at the rankings of the teams on the schedules and you will see why people are picking Eastwood. Rankings matter, not divisions or record.

Eastwood beat

Now look at Burg

By the numbers, Eastwood played tougher teams overall. Good D, solid O, tougher schedule. Eastwood is the pick.
Pasteur is wrong in his rankings! I bet #140 would have beat #85 and maybe Eastwood too. They were ranked low because it was their first time being there. Pretty sure in my opinion, we took out the best team left last week. We shall see friday

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:37 am I think if Burg's offense sputters the first half like it has the past 2 games, Eastwood will not let them back in it.

Hopefully Burg gets a fast start. Good luck this week.
Past 2? We were up 28-0 at the half week before lasting this past week was because of great d. Madison was battle tested and ran the gauntlet. Pretty sure we beat the best team left in the semifinal. I bet you Eastwood offense sputters this week against this Burg d. We shall see. Go crunch the numbers...Madison d was quite a bit better than South Range
Last edited by #ReachHigher on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Wait.... This game isn't at Herrnstein Field?!?!?!! Enjoyed the past 3 weeks.

Last week Burg fans were saying the same thing about Madison. Learn your lesson and dont be confused about schedules and on paper stats. Heck, there was even mention MAdison didnt look all that great on film. No way Burg coaches will allow a let down. You may lose, but it wont be for not showing up.

Return to “Football”