Southeast Ohio Playoffs Round 2 Locations

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Southeast Ohio Playoffs Round 2 Locations

Post by danicalifornia »

Bronc21 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:46 pm Parking isn’t that great due to the construction of the new school. But there is plenty of parking within 5 minute walking. These neighborhoods are good neighborhoods
I'll second this. That's the best part of Chillicothe to park your car at. The streets nearby are part of a good neighborhood.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

toast wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:08 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:04 pm
toast wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:01 pm So Zane Trace gets a second round game and Waverly doesn't. Shocking! Waverly has over 500 paved parking spots all within a minute or so walking time to the front gate. Waverly has more and nicer seating on both the home and visitor sides. And our facility is more spacious and open than ZT's. And Waverly's field is located right on US 23. I'm willing to bet most people would rather drive and extra 20 minutes for all that. Just makes you wonder what all goes into these decisions.
Did Waverly put into host?
Yes
Hosting is a bid process so they must have bid to high.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Neutron Man wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:14 pm Heard parking situation at Chillicothe is very bad. If you can't park in the parking lot, parking on the streets runs a strong risk of getting your car broke in to.

Great playoff site OHSAA!
Did you actually hear this or are you assuming this because the east side (not where the game is being held) of Chillicothe has been struggling?

I have several friends who live in the area and their cars have never been messed with and at times they have to park along the streets. But, let's make up more things without facts!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Been to Chillicothe several times. Parked on the street most of the time and have never had a problem.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14svt wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:53 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:18 am 200 band members at that level is preety darn cool
Well over 200 he said, which for a DV school is one I'd have to see to believe. The Burg and Jackson game I believe they said Jackson had 170 or so members and that's a DIII school so for that size school to have well over 200 members means what 1 out of 4 kids are in the band at least.
Here ya go
http://www.jhsbigredband.org
We at very proud of our band
[/quote]

Well it's not well over 200 but MAN it's right at 200 for a DV school that's impressive. Looking at the pictures and things they participate in that should be one of the better halftime shows to see around here.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

toast wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:01 pm So Zane Trace gets a second round game and Waverly doesn't. Shocking! Waverly has over 500 paved parking spots all within a minute or so walking time to the front gate. Waverly has more and nicer seating on both the home and visitor sides. And our facility is more spacious and open than ZT's. And Waverly's field is located right on US 23. I'm willing to bet most people would rather drive and extra 20 minutes for all that. Just makes you wonder what all goes into these decisions.
Well if they have a qualifying stadium, I'm sure location comes into play and ZT is a shorter drive for the Johnstown. I correctly predicted the game location for Burg and West simply because of drive times. If I was going to change anything in terms of Waverly hosting it would've been Burg being the #1 seed playing at Waverly for the shorter drive and West and Johnstown played at Chillicothe. Doesn't matter now the way the teams were spaced out just didn't see Waverly getting to host.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Bronc21 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:41 pm Johnstown’s band has performed in a few bowl games. My cousin plays in the band. They are very loud and good. Kids are required to participate in some kind of extracurricular activity. Also students wear uniforms to class
Is JM a public school? If so how can they require a kid to participate in a extracurricular activity. If my family lived in their district, and my child did not want to participate in anything. How can they be made to? If they are a public school and I lived in district, they could not deny my child attending that school. Howcould there be a consequence for not participating? Don't get me wrong, I think sports, clubs, and other activities are great. I think they build character, help with socialization, many other benefits to our children that go hand in hand with what they should be learning at home as well. But how can a public school REQUIRE a student to participate if they do not want to?

george
Freshman Team

Post by george »

Volunteer wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:07 pm Been that way f or years now. Have to be turf and a fence around field separating fans from players.
How long is that rule been

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:07 pm
Well if they have a qualifying stadium, I'm sure location comes into play and ZT is a shorter drive for the Johnstown. I correctly predicted the game location for Burg and West simply because of drive times. If I was going to change anything in terms of Waverly hosting it would've been Burg being the #1 seed playing at Waverly for the shorter drive and West and Johnstown played at Chillicothe. Doesn't matter now the way the teams were spaced out just didn't see Waverly getting to host.
They don’t care about seeds lucky your not coming up to Columbus to play Ask Ironton about that when they came up to play jtown at Hamilton Twp

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I have never heard of a rule that kids are required to participate in extracurricular activities and there are some that don't. Johnstown has like 80% of the students involved in extra-curriculars in the fall. We have a small student section because they are all participating in something usually. There are also many football players in the band. It started a while back when the current band director came in with a different style and someone who is willing to work with the athletes who also want to be in Band/Chorale, etc. Johnstown is a show band so they do not compete at competitions, etc. All in all Johnstown is a hot place to live right now. The issue is you can't find anywhere to live or it would grow much faster.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I also think it would have been better for Waverly to get the Burg/CA game and Jtown the Chillicothe site

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14svt wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:42 pm
They don’t care about seeds lucky your not coming up to Columbus to play Ask Ironton about that when they came up to play jtown at Hamilton Twp
Nothing is lucky about any of it, only people who care about where the game is played is casual fan. Coaches, players, and die hard fans are going wherever their team is playing.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:06 pm
14svt wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:42 pm

Nothing is lucky about any of it, only people who care about where the game is played is casual fan. Coaches, players, and die hard fans are going wherever their team is playing.
True

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Agree. I'll drive to wherever my Pirates are playing.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Haven't seen it in awhile but I know Chillicothe was doing upgrades to the facilities including parking areas. Last I was up there they were parking people in the grass just right outside the stadium had to walk all of 50 yards to get inside. Every year people post the same thing worrying about the area around the stadium and every year it's the same response. Your car isn't at risk any more there then it would be compared to Athens or some place where you park and there's zero lighting and you couldn't see if anyone was messing with your car if you were walking that way let alone sitting down watching the game.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:24 pm
toast wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:08 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:04 pm

Did Waverly put into host?
Yes
Hosting is a bid process so they must have bid to high.
There is no bidding.

1.2 The Commissioner will select the sites for all other regional and the state semifinal games. The
site of all tournament games will be based upon the best site available based on TOTAL
travel and the accommodations of the site. It is not our intention to have schools travel the
same distance to sites. State semi final sites will be based entirely on the accommodations of the
site.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

remember Portsmouth playing Newark Licking Valley in Zanesville? Southern Ohio, especially deep southern Ohio is going to get the shaft any time traveling is an issue

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

LetsGoPSU wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:58 am remember Portsmouth playing Newark Licking Valley in Zanesville? Southern Ohio, especially deep southern Ohio is going to get the shaft any time traveling is an issue
If you are talking about 2001 with Jo Jo Parker and company, that was at Lancaster. Not Zanesville.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

My picks

DIVISION 6 REGION 23
Southeastern (11-0) vs Coal Grove (10-1)
Chillicothe

DIVISION 5 REGION 19
Wheelersburg (11-0) vs Columbus Academy (9-2)
Waverly

DIVISION 5 REGION 19
Portsmouth West (10-1) vs Johnstown Monroe (9-2)
Valley

DIVISION 7 REGION 27
River (7-4) vs Sciotoville East (9-2)
Athens

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

Also, Zane Trace shouldn't hold a game period, the visitors will have like 150 max seating. Nice upgrade to the field, but the visitor seating not so much.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.

Return to “Football”