Post by mattash »

Why did they change the format?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
indianabuck
All State

Re: Playoffs on Friday only

Post by indianabuck »

The state said the attendance on Saturday was down, and that officials were harder to come by which I don't see how unless they work college too. It's going to be harder imo to find game sites this way too.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Attendance will have to drop because of this. How many people went to two games over the two day weekend? Now they can only go to one.
Good officials can now only work one game per weekend when they could work two.
Host sites will be harder to come by. Good sites were able to host two games over the weekend, now they need more sites.
We'll see how it plays out.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Majority of the coaches vote this? Is that how it works.

Michael Scott
indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Places like Zanesville and Jackson would have 2 games a weekend because of location. Now they must find schools willing to host near these area because now only 1 game can be played there.
Also what if Jackson and Chillicothe won yesterday. Where would the state looked then?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I like fridays
Hate missing my buckeyes

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I will be interested to see how the actual attendance figures turn out. A lot of people believe it will drop because people can't go to 2 games but on the flip you will have a lot of people going now be cause they won't be watching college football on Saturday. I went to a Div.5 game last night in Cincy and it was packed to the gills ! Finding locations might be a headache though

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

smurray wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:46 am Attendance will have to drop because of this. How many people went to two games over the two day weekend? Now they can only go to one.
Good officials can now only work one game per weekend when they could work two.
Host sites will be harder to come by. Good sites were able to host two games over the weekend, now they need more sites.
We'll see how it plays out.
This was done for the officials. Playoff crews only did one game per weekend. Never two. So when going up against the small college games, the OHSAA was losing the Best officials on Saturdays.

Greenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Greenwave »

I think it was OSU playing night games that ruined it for us longtime 2 game a weekend fans.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Greenwave wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:17 pm I think it was OSU playing night games that ruined it for us longtime 2 game a weekend fans.
The Big 10, for the longest time, had a rule that forbade games kicking off in prime time past November 1st. That rule is now gone, and the current B1G/Fox Sports deal effectively guarantees Big 10 teams (including Ohio State) playing under the lights in November. So, unfortunately, if OHSAA’s rationale was “Ohio State football conflict” then I’m less than optimistic of a return to the two-night system.

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

fbnut wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:08 pm I like fridays
Hate missing my buckeyes
Before tonight, I would have agreed with that.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Does the football coaches vote on this or is it some committee?

Michael Scott
PantherPaw78
Riding the Bench

Post by PantherPaw78 »

I don't know about other games, but it seemed the officiating crew at the Southeaster/SCC game was hurt by every game being on Friday. It was bad enough that rumors were circulating that the OHSAA rep on hand informed the crew that they would no longer be working any playoff games.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

PantherPaw78 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:48 pm I don't know about other games, but it seemed the officiating crew at the Southeaster/SCC game was hurt by every game being on Friday. It was bad enough that rumors were circulating that the OHSAA rep on hand informed the crew that they would no longer be working any playoff games.
Wow the pressure

Michael Scott
Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

Official statement from the OHSAA website.....

"Due to so many more college football games being played on Saturday nights, attendance at our Saturday playoff games has steadily declined, and more potential playoff sites have said they cannot host games on Saturdays. We now have enough playoff sites to handle all the games on one night, and the football coaches association was in support of this change, too, because teams will get to stay on their normal weekly schedule of playing on Friday night."

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

So lets put it in Canton so the southern part of the state will have to travel real far.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”