If your team does not make the finals. Are you still making the long drive to Canton?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

If your team does not make the finals. Are you still making the long drive to Canton?

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Sound off.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Re: If your team does not make the finals. Are you still making the long drive to Canton?

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

No i love football but its not worth the trip or price!

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: If your team does not make the finals. Are you still making the long drive to Canton?

Post by Poo Bear »

Poo Bear
Raider
DoublePlay
Owkgreatness will all go up together and argue

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I'm only about an hour from Canton, I'll probably take in some games.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I will more than likely go.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:16 pm Poo Bear
Raider
DoublePlay
You forgot dandy

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

No thanks, keeping it up North is obvious catering to those above the 70 Line so they can enjoy.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Wish they would have kept it at Ohio Stadium... More seating and in a central location for everyone.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Nope, I went twice when they where in c-bus just to watch games but I won't drive 4 hours a crossed the state to watch teams I have no ties to.

AT THE RESERVATION
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

to be absolutely honest ball games live may be in the past with my mobility issues, and eye issues. I didn't even make a high school game this year, anywhere. listened to every ironton game. and I've made ton's of trips to canton/massilon area as well as all over the state following the fighting tigers. but I prefer them at ohio state, I could care less how crowded the stadium looks like. it is the crown jewel of the state and basically in the top 3 in college football. but I think those days are behind me. and the availability of watching them live here, freezing them live to pee. no travel time, or expenses, it's not like being there live. if ironton was there I'd try to get there, if not I may never make that trip again.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

If they was at osu i would probably go.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:22 am
Raider
DoublePlay
You forgot dandy
Sounds like a road trip :lol:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Maybe. I still remember freezing my butt off at the D-1 Cincy Elder - Warren Harding blizzard game. Depends on the weather.

I'm an hour away so it's possible.

Have gun, will travel
ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:54 pm
ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:22 am
Raider
DoublePlay
You forgot dandy
Sounds like a road trip :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Greenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Greenwave »

greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:52 am No thanks, keeping it up North is obvious catering to those above the 70 Line so they can enjoy.
OSU just had it 3 years and people didn’t pack in. It is now being rotated back and forth every 2 years
And it is beautiful new Tom benson stadiums turn.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Greenwave wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:46 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:52 am No thanks, keeping it up North is obvious catering to those above the 70 Line so they can enjoy.
OSU just had it 3 years and people didn’t pack in. It is now being rotated back and forth every 2 years
And it is beautiful new Tom benson stadiums turn.
So??? What does any of that have to do with not playing the state championship game in a central location?? No they're not going to pack in a 100,000 seat stadium. I've made the drive up North for the state championship games, news flash other than the DI game that place wasn't packed in either. So if the whole basis of your argument is it wasn't packed in in a 100,000 seat stadium, then how bad is it when you can't pack in a high school stadium?? Like I said it's catered to those above the 70 line, and parking when I went to the state championship games was terrible not to mention the weather. SMH.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I agree with Greygoose. When it comes to playoff locations, OHSAA is always going to favor the northern teams. It is just their mentality. I'm from Ironton and played college football in NE Ohio. It was during my Junior or Senior year, an assistant coach called me into his office. He said he had a recruit from Southeast Ohio he wanted me to show around that weekend. I asked where he was from and the coach answered "Steubenville." I said you have no idea where Ironton is do you and walked out of his office.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

79Tiger wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:45 pm I agree with Greygoose. When it comes to playoff locations, OHSAA is always going to favor the northern teams. It is just their mentality. I'm from Ironton and played college football in NE Ohio. It was during my Junior or Senior year, an assistant coach called me into his office. He said he had a recruit from Southeast Ohio he wanted me to show around that weekend. I asked where he was from and the coach answered "Steubenville." I said you have no idea where Ironton is do you and walked out of his office.
LOL :lol: WOW

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

I have a place to stay just outside of Akron about 30 minutes away but I live just west of Springfield but i still won't go because it's just to far to drive. They had more fans at OSU than at Canton or Mass. I do have a question if the MLS leaves Columbus why don't the OHSAA buy their place and have all the state finals there for football and soccer?

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

knightruner wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:14 pm I have a place to stay just outside of Akron about 30 minutes away but I live just west of Springfield but i still won't go because it's just to far to drive. They had more fans at OSU than at Canton or Mass. I do have a question if the MLS leaves Columbus why don't the OHSAA buy their place and have all the state finals there for football and soccer?
It would be a perfect venue. Especially with no track around the field. The fans are right there. Great atmosphere for games.

Return to “Football”