Chillicothe(31) @ (17)Jackson FAC Championship Game 10/27/2017

BlueDevilfan87
Waterboy

Re: WK 10: Chillicothe (7-2) @ Jackson (8-1) FAC Championship Game

Post by BlueDevilfan87 »

Also, did you notice that Chillicothe is tied for 7th/8th place......they will go to the Level 3 points to break this tie.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

BlueDevilfan87 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:14 am interesting to note that had Jackson Won tonight they would have ended up with 23.65 pts.....while not enough for a home game it would have been 5th place. and they would have played Marion Franklin.

Yeah they did better playoff wise with the loss. But losing doesn't sit well in Ironmen country. Will always be a "what If" game with so many injuries. But on to week 11

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Week 10 FAC Championship, Chillicothe (31) @ Jackson (17)

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson has 2 losses to the best 2 teams in the area and they showed well in both. 8-2 and playoffs. Some teams are happy to be 5-5.
Congrats chilly first ever FAC CHAMPS

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Re: Week 10 FAC Championship, Chillicothe (31) @ Jackson (17)

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:12 am
ohwkGREATNESSyrio wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:01 am Wellston got steam rolled lol
Chillicothe a very good team!
I never really posted that. And there is no doubt chillicothe is a good team.

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
BlueDevilfan87
Waterboy

Post by BlueDevilfan87 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:18 am
BlueDevilfan87 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:14 am interesting to note that had Jackson Won tonight they would have ended up with 23.65 pts.....while not enough for a home game it would have been 5th place. and they would have played Marion Franklin.

Yeah they did better playoff wise with the loss. But losing doesn't sit well in Ironmen country. Will always be a "what If" game with so many injuries. But on to week 11
offensively you definitely took a hit with McCoy going down. I know he plays some defense but doesn't he cover the pass? If so, that wouldn't have stopped Maughmer. He was all over the field in the second half.

24sevenfootball
Riding the Bench

Post by 24sevenfootball »

Chillicothe could not have and would not have stopped McCoy and it showed on the 1st play. Definitely a game changer. So tough for him.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

So when you lose your starting TB with the speed VERY early in the game it effects a team. He went 85 yards on the 1st play from scrimmage, not sure if he got hurt on that play or on defense. He came off the field limping after that 1st Chillicothe series and he attempted to go back out there on the Jackson series when he went down just before getting the 1st down. Did it effect the game ABSOLUTELY but the 2 turnovers inside the red zone is what really hurt them tonight. If they're able to put them in the end zone you're looking at a 28-7 score and possibly killing the clock before half. Always a what if game, at worst they probably come away with 2 field goals and it's 20-7. Chillicothe wasn't effective at all passing believe other then 2-3 crossing patterns only passes completed was a screen and some hitches. Chillicothe was very effective in alignment and motioning the final TD by Chillicothe came on a play where the Jackson defense had 1-2 guys over to the 3 wr side and just to many blockers to stop that run.

Congrats to both teams on moving on to week 11, Jackson though is so one dimensional and looks like they could be without McCoy that'll make week 11 odds that much greater. Chillicothe taking on La Salle or Winton Woods another matchup nightmare

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:18 am

I have to wonder how did they do better?? If the standings holdup they take on a Independence team who BEAT Marion Franklin and Walnut Ridge. Looking at scores and points given up believe Marion Franklin would've been a better match, but maybe you guys know something about one that I don't know. Either way doesn't matter now just saying though doesn't look like it's a better matchup with a loss.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Congratulations to Chillicothe on winning the first title game, Maughmer was everything advertised. Good luck next week.

What a first play from scrimmage for Jackson from one of the most dynamic players Ironman fans have had the opportunity to watch. No point in debating what his loss did for our chance but clearly unfortunate for Jackson, obviously it changes everything we do, and I would have loved to have seen a Maughmer/McCoy 4-quarter back and forth duel. We now resemble a MASH unit on the sideline with WR/DB Reid Evans broken leg at Trace and Lyons with ACL and on and on and on. We have had a run of injuries recently unlike anything I can remember. What a game for senior Tyler Storms aka Stormy to step in and take over the lion shares of the carries and what a job by the offensive line with seniors Morris, Snyder, Lewis and Neal to continue to do their job, really impressed with everyone's effort when the news of one of your captains and a POY type teammate goes down 3-4 minutes into the game. Week 11 at Independence will clearly be a difficult game.

A lot of younger players getting a lot of time filling in which will only help next year's team with experience.

Great job by both teams, it was a great atmosphere, Go Red!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Does anyone have any stats on the game? Going to guess Maughmer was around 300 total yards himself with 3 TDs.
So glad to see him and the Cavaliers pull it out tonight.
Why do we not pass the ball more? The 3-4 deep balls we had them burnt every time. None of them were connecting but man we had a step all night. If any of them connected they were touchdowns.

Tough game for both Jackson and Chillicothe next week. Excited to make the trip to Cincinnati.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

He probably had about 80% of those yards in the 2nd half, because minus a run or 2 Jackson really done a nice job in contain 1st half. 2nd half another story. Threw 2 deep balls all night both incomplete, every team can say well if we would've completed them LOL. 3 things can happen when you pass and only 1 of them is good. Excellent runner passing he looked good in warmups, took a few sacks on the night. Deep ball put little more air on it will help a ton.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Chillicothe(31) @ (17)Jackson FAC Championship Game 10/27/2017

Post by mattash »

Chillicothe(31) @ (17)Jackson

Congrats Chillicothe

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

For the record Chillicothe’s starting RB was injured too. He didn’t completely come out but he missed 2 straight series and wasn’t the same coming back in.
He nearly housed one down to the 3yd line in the first half. Connor Mathis is a very hard runner.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:45 pm For the record Chillicothe’s starting RB was injured too. He didn’t completely come out but he missed 2 straight series and wasn’t the same coming back in.
He nearly housed one down to the 3yd line in the first half. Connor Mathis is a very hard runner.

I've already said my congrats and praise to Chillicothe and a good luck next week.

However I believe whole heartedly that if Reid Evans , Steve Lyons , and Blake McCoy are all healthy for this game Jackson wins . Just my opinion . No need to argue , just an opinion on a talk forum

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Doubleplay or Ironman, do you know what exactly the diagnosis is for McCoy? Hate to hear about any injury, especially to a senior. Not sure if he does a winter sport, but hopefully he can make it back on the diamond in the spring.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:04 pm Doubleplay or Ironman, do you know what exactly the diagnosis is for McCoy? Hate to hear about any injury, especially to a senior. Not sure if he does a winter sport, but hopefully he can make it back on the diamond in the spring.
I'm not sure if there has been an official diagnosis, but I believe Coach Hall mentioned in the post-game show on the radio that they feared he had torn a ligament. I would guess that he won't be able to play next week against Independence, which is just awful. As I mentioned last night, Blake has been an absolute joy to watch the last three seasons. He has been spectacular, week after week, and it's sad to see his career likely end as it did last night.

One thing a lot of people don't realize is that McCoy is just as good defensively as he is on the offensive side of the ball. He is a great DB, who can cover and tackle, and he is also a leader out there. He was the guy who was basically shadowing Maughmer early in the game last night, and was going to have to tackle him in space. Obviously losing Blake early in the game really hurt the offensive game plan, but it probably hurt just as much on the defensive side. Without McCoy, and also Reid Evans who broke his leg against WCH, you have some inexperienced DBs out there trying to tackle one of the most elusive players in SE Ohio. Maughmer really hurt Jackson with his legs in that second half, obviously.

I think Blake plays basketball and runs track as well, so this is just a devastating injury for a great competitor. Hope he heals up as quickly as possible, but no matter what, he has certainly cemented his place as one of the better players at Jackson in recent memory.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ironman02 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:17 pm
6-4-3=2o wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:04 pm Doubleplay or Ironman, do you know what exactly the diagnosis is for McCoy? Hate to hear about any injury, especially to a senior. Not sure if he does a winter sport, but hopefully he can make it back on the diamond in the spring.
I'm not sure if there has been an official diagnosis, but I believe Coach Hall mentioned in the post-game show on the radio that they feared he had torn a ligament. I would guess that he won't be able to play next week against Independence, which is just awful. As I mentioned last night, Blake has been an absolute joy to watch the last three seasons. He has been spectacular, week after week, and it's sad to see his career likely end as it did last night.

One thing a lot of people don't realize is that McCoy is just as good defensively as he is on the offensive side of the ball. He is a great DB, who can cover and tackle, and he is also a leader out there. He was the guy who was basically shadowing Maughmer early in the game last night, and was going to have to tackle him in space. Obviously losing Blake early in the game really hurt the offensive game plan, but it probably hurt just as much on the defensive side. Without McCoy, and also Reid Evans who broke his leg against WCH, you have some inexperienced DBs out there trying to tackle one of the most elusive players in SE Ohio. Maughmer really hurt Jackson with his legs in that second half, obviously.

I think Blake plays basketball and runs track as well, so this is just a devastating injury for a great competitor. Hope he heals up as quickly as possible, but no matter what, he has certainly cemented his place as one of the better players at Jackson in recent memory.

Also must give a shoutout to senior DT Steven Lyons . Not a household name and doesn't get much praise but was probably the Ironmens best defensive player going into the season. He tore his acl against Gallia . Just another huge loss for the Ironmen . He tried to play again last night and looked like he was hurting. His career at Jackson is probably over as well. Was a terror on that front line and played angry and hard all the time .

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Again, hate to hear of any injury, but seems like not a long term thing. Buddy next to me was getting texts from someone in your stands, and the dreaded ACL injury was mentioned. Glad to hear it's not that for McCoy. And sorry to hear about Lyons.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:36 pm Again, hate to hear of any injury, but seems like not a long term thing. Buddy next to me was getting texts from someone in your stands, and the dreaded ACL injury was mentioned. Glad to hear it's not that for McCoy. And sorry to hear about Lyons.
I guess I just said ligament in my post, but I believe it might actually be the ACL. I'm not positive, but I think it may have been just a partial tear. Like I said, though, I don't think that's official. Just a preliminary diagnosis.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Got it. Best wishes to him, Lyons and Evans on their respective recoveries.

Return to “Football”