Week 8 Fairland (0-7) @ Coal Grove (3-4)

linedrive
Freshman Team

Week 8 Fairland (0-7) @ Coal Grove (3-4)

Post by linedrive »

Thoughts?

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: Week 8 Fairland (0-7) @ Coal Grove (3-4)

Post by Trojan_Pride »

a thumping 49-12 cg wins

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Coal Grove by a bunch, I think Fairland will be 0-10 this year. Soccer puts a hurting on the football team for sure. Just ask South Point!

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

Coal Grove.. in a BIG way! Running clock in 2nd half. Goin 42-7

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

Close at halftime. If Fairland can finish a drive and Coal Grove gets sloppy with the ball, then there could be some nervous Hornets at halftime.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

Grove is way too much for the Dragons to handle. This will be over by the half. Dragons won't win a game all year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I CAN SAY THIS NOW. GET ER DONE GROVERS.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

osumufan wrote:Coal Grove by a bunch, I think Fairland will be 0-10 this year. Soccer puts a hurting on the football team for sure. Just ask South Point!

Soccer isnt hurting these teams. What is hurting these teams are very bad coaches and staffs and being losing teams year in and year out are hurting these teams and the ability to get players.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

Just two years ago Fairland was far and away the best team in Lawrence County. Made the playoffs and pushed Wheelersburg pretty good in the playoff game.

All of those kids graduated, of which, there were half a dozen or so college players. Add to that four different coaches in four years, and any school is going to have a tough year. The Dragons are young this year, but I am impressed with their attitude and effort. It will turn around. Soccer has nothing to do with it.

mr.hyde
Riding the Bench

Post by mr.hyde »

Hiring the next guy who walks through the door with "college coaching" on his resume has worked well for Fairland. It worked well for Portsmouth, too.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

tigercannon71 wrote:
osumufan wrote:Coal Grove by a bunch, I think Fairland will be 0-10 this year. Soccer puts a hurting on the football team for sure. Just ask South Point!

Soccer isnt hurting these teams. What is hurting these teams are very bad coaches and staffs and being losing teams year in and year out are hurting these teams and the ability to get players.
Seeing how you are not at every game and did not see these boys grow up I don't think you know which kids are great athletes and could have beenfootball players. I have been to almost every football game in the last 20 years and most of the home soccer games as well. South Point has tons of athletes who choose soccer. Last year alone we had 6 kids on the soccer team who were all over 6 foot and would have made great wideouts and defensive ends. Not to mention the kids who could play the line and did in middle school. Throw in the few running backs and we would be set. Soccer has hurt the football program for years. Granted there are a few that could only play soccer but there are a lot that could have been great football players.

jimbobhampton
Waterboy

Post by jimbobhampton »

mr.hyde wrote:Hiring the next guy who walks through the door with "college coaching" on his resume has worked well for Fairland. It worked well for Portsmouth, too.
It has also proven to work for other area schools as well. Oak Hill tried it a few years ago and it had the usual results.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Coal Grove by a lot Fairland may be able to hang for a while but their pass defense will not be able to stop the Hornet defensive line.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

wemufans wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:

Seeing how you are not at every game and did not see these boys grow up I don't think you know which kids are great athletes and could have beenfootball players. I have been to almost every football game in the last 20 years and most of the home soccer games as well. South Point has tons of athletes who choose soccer. Last year alone we had 6 kids on the soccer team who were all over 6 foot and would have made great wideouts and defensive ends. Not to mention the kids who could play the line and did in middle school. Throw in the few running backs and we would be set. Soccer has hurt the football program for years. Granted there are a few that could only play soccer but there are a lot that could have been great football players.
South Point also has a lot of athletes that chose to play other places because of the nature of the football team. If you teams that were winning year in and year out those kids wouldn't leave nor would these athletes choose to play soccer instead of football. So the soccer team isn't hurting South Point is the lack of winning that hurts.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Interesting point, JimBob.

I think Gallipolis tried the "resume hire" in the 90s. Again, exceptional outcome. LOL.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

Final
Coal Grove 20
Fairland 13

Closer than most thought.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Dawson Bryant has thier first visit to the new Trojan digs. Remember the days in the early 80,s when we played them in the pre season, tough nosed and physical is how I remember them, Hope we can play with em Go Trojans!

Return to “Football”