WEEK 4: Wellston (2-1) vs. Portsmouth West (1-2)

Game day
All State

Re: WEEK 4: Wellston (2-1) vs. Portsmouth West (1-2)

Post by Game day »

Westfan wrote:
game day wrote:I Did not think we would be talking about West having a weak team this year
Take the starting quarterback and tailback off of any D5 team, not to mention half the secondary, and their will be struggles.
Who was their starting tailback I did not know he was out hurt? What happen to the secondary?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Gusmacker11 wrote:
Westfan wrote:
game day wrote:I Did not think we would be talking about West having a weak team this year
Take the starting quarterback and tailback off of any D5 team, not to mention half the secondary, and their will be struggles.
Any word on how West's injured players? I am looking forward to seeing their QB play if he is good to go?
Unfortunately the Qbs high school career is probably over. The youngmans work ethic is second to none. It's truly a shame if that is the case. There is several others out also, some will be back some may not. There will be several sophomores and some freshman that will get alot of varsity experience the rest of the season. We just need to hang in there and leave it all on the field and see what happens. Good luck too the Senators we will still be cheering them on.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

game day wrote: Who was their starting tailback I did not know he was out hurt? What happen to the secondary?
Frasure. He and Swords both ran tailback, but they both would've been on the field somewhere.

Frasure was an excellent corner.
Berry played quarterback/outside linebacker or safety.
2 really good athletes
Last edited by Westfan on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alishuff
Waterboy

Post by alishuff »

wellston gets 3rd win

ViKiNgEttE
Waterboy

Post by ViKiNgEttE »

Well bigcats that is disappointing, Hopefully he can pull through and continue his career at the next level if he wants.. reminds me of the 2011 season in Wellston when Prater went down with a broken ankle.. He rebounded nicely though and is now starting and seeing reps at the D1 level at Northwestern! Hopefully we can be saying the same about that young man in a few years

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Does the game start at 7 or 7:30?

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Time to get after Rockets and move to 3-1 and finish the non-league part of schedule strong and then get after the rest of the TVC Ohio in the weeks ahead...let's go!!

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket Proud »

Congrats Rockets on "relevant" win. Good luck to Senators the rest of the season.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Wow.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Don't look now but TVC Ohio is wide open.

Wellston will compete....we will be in the mix...next week take another step.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Wellston will compete...the question is do they have enough D for what Meigs has? Wellston can compete with everyone else it looks like, but Meigs in my opinion may have a tad more than everyone else in the Ohio...Wellston is right there though

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Went to wellston game tonight. Was very impressed. Wellston CH Jones stadium looks nice, Alota work Been done. The Rockets are fast and seem to be believing more each game. I would have to say the winner of Alex and wellston will be I. The drivers seat. There isn't a team left on wellston schedule they can't beat. Go Rockets!

DragonMom
Riding the Bench

Post by DragonMom »

Gotta say every 1 was warned about this wellston team. But no 1 will listen

Grandma
Waterboy

Post by Grandma »

Wellston did not impress much. Not to take away from their win but west did not come to play. I was very surprised how flat they played. But wellston did what they had to do and took the big W. Congrats

WHO DEY
Waterboy

Post by WHO DEY »

sportsman678 wrote:Wellston did not impress much. Not to take away from their win but west did not come to play. I was very surprised how flat they played. But wellston did what they had to do and took the big W. Congrats
Lol. I guess Wellston should have won by 50 to impress you??

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

sportsman678 wrote:Wellston did not impress much. Not to take away from their win but west did not come to play. I was very surprised how flat they played. But wellston did what they had to do and took the big W. Congrats
Maybe West played the way they did because of the way they were allowed.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

2 things here. 1st--West is not the team everyone thought they were going to be so lets just get that out of the way right now. 2nd--I haven't seen them play but this season is going to have to play out a little more before everyone goes singing praises of Wellston and how they were right about them. They're 3-1, 1 of their wins come against winless team and the other win Adena they are 2-2 but their 2 wins were against winless teams, then you just have west coming in only win was against a winless coal grove team by 2. So I believe the jury is still out on just how warned everyone was about Wellston. Only loss was to Jackson by 21, scoring 2 tds in the 4th in a game where Jackson also fumbled the ball double digit times. While I applaud the 3-1 start forgive me if I don't quite start singing their praise just yet. Good luck on the rest of the season however we'll find out exactly what they've got in the coming weeks.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Wellston was in the red zone twice against Jackson having moved the ball on decent drives and didn't score as well as in two other occasions separate from that in which two screen passes had the Jackson defense out if position and if not for a blown assignment not blocking one kid would have resulted in scores or getting down deep in the territory.Could have been 12 to 16 more points on the board that night. Kids are running the offense better now. Just about all those fumbles were caused by the Wellston defense which was part if the game plan going in to go after their inexperienced center. I don't care who they are against kids are executing offense and defense pretty good right now as well as hitting. Adena is not a bad team and will win some games this year. They crushed their opponent last night and one of their losses came to a very athletic team from over Cincy way.

Grandma
Waterboy

Post by Grandma »

Eaglescout wrote:
anyone that knows football would understand why wellston didnt impress last night.

ViKiNgEttE
Waterboy

Post by ViKiNgEttE »

sportsman678 wrote:
Eaglescout wrote:
anyone that knows football would understand why wellston didnt impress last night.
Enlighten us please? Wellston's D flew to the football last night, only way West really gained yards last night was through the air, They forced a turnover and scored on it. Seen multiple players make good plays on both sides of the ball.. Yes #15 may have scored most of the points but #'s 7,28, and 13 all ran the ball hard and I mean hard. O-line blocked well besides a few pass plays where West did get a lot of penetration. Not to mention the D-line looked good most of the night. Did West make some good plays? Yes, but that is what is expected of any team right?

Return to “Football”