WEEK 2 RUSSELL KY. @ IRONTON YOUR THOUGHTS.

juke boxer
JV Team

Re: WEEK 2 RUSSELL KY. @ IRONTON YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by juke boxer »

QB I think

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

One ironton poster predicted 2 ironton wins to start the season by a combined score of 70-0. It's taken 2 weeks to wipe out 3 months worth of hype.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

juke boxer wrote:QB I think
unbelievable if that was his position !!!!!! pulling random plays out of a magicians hat could do better

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

fbnut wrote:One ironton poster predicted 2 ironton wins to start the season by a combined score of 70-0. It's taken 2 weeks to wipe out 3 months worth of hype.
That's nothing it's taken 2 years to wipe out 40 years of a powerhouse winning tradition team.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

tigercannon71 wrote:
fbnut wrote:One ironton poster predicted 2 ironton wins to start the season by a combined score of 70-0. It's taken 2 weeks to wipe out 3 months worth of hype.
That's nothing it's taken 2 years to wipe out 40 years of a powerhouse winning tradition team.
I've seen the classes you have coming up, it's not going to get any better. This was your year.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

fbnut wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:
I've seen the classes you have coming up, it's not going to get any better. This was your year.
i

kids will start EXPORTING ironton soon instead of importing
atleast 4 of their starters are NON IRONTON'S

Tiger0line05
Waterboy

Post by Tiger0line05 »

Gus wrote:
tigerfan98 wrote:talented ironton team potential unlimited but, bad coaching, fumbles, tons of penalties, special teams is horrible, play calling passing with 6 minutes left and the lead, Russell put that conley at rb and ran qb sneak every play we couldn't stop it, yes key injuries, but we gave them the ball in our territory the whole game. Bring Hammer back, to at least run the offense
He will be Rock Hills next head coach.
Why bring Rock Hill into this

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Nobodies bringing rock hill into it. All they are saying is Hammer has a job and won't won't to come back to Ironton since he will most likely be the rock hill coach in a year or so. Nothing bad is being said.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

After tonight's loss, Ironton could start this season 0-4, and possibly end the season @ .500, since it looks like the Peake maybe loaded for Bear.

Rosco
Riding the Bench

Post by Rosco »

Don't see anyone with burst besides Palladino. Barker runs hard and Young is a physical runner but they aren't a threat to go coast to coast by being fast and elusive. The rest of the Tiger backs are not ready for
prime time just yet. I would try to get the ball into Carey's hands more. He is the best athlete in the Tiger arsenal after Palladino. Jet sweeps, end arounds, reverses, screens are a few ways to accomplish this. Having him only touch the ball a couple times a game isn't enough.

Good luck coaches and Tigers.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Ironton's biggest problem is not Vass, IMO he's a good manager, it's his staff that he is saddled with that's like an anchor around his neck, get rid of family members and find some knowledgeable football people that can teach the game and the technics needed to play a competitive game. And teach these kids some discipline during practices to cut down on the penalties, and if they can't be disciplined cut their ass from the team, no matter how good of a player they are, quit babying them and toughen them up I've never seen so many players that can't play because of a freakin' bruised ego.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Ironton won't make the playoffs this year, so there will be no rematch with the Burg!

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Unbelievable....

I'm speechless to read all of these comments. Just unbelievable. Can't believe people would ever say a man who has Ironton roots would "want" to stay at Rock Hill because of the opportunity to become Head Coach there.... Has it really come to this???

Why wouldn't Ironton want him there to head coach? That, or at least give him some kind of idea you want him there in the near future.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

zebra77 wrote:Ironton's biggest problem is not Vass, IMO he's a good manager, it's his staff that he is saddled with that's like an anchor around his neck, get rid of family members and find some knowledgeable football people that can teach the game and the technics needed to play a competitive game. And teach these kids some discipline during practices to cut down on the penalties, and if they can't be disciplined cut their booty from the team, no matter how good of a player they are, quit babying them and toughen them up I've never seen so many players that can't play because of a freakin' bruised ego.
Just by saying coach vass is a good manager, says it all for me. Ironton needs to completely clean house top to bottom. According to the reports, the team folded after the injuries. No coach could have won last night with that but you could tell by the updates that nothing went right. Some kid plowed a kid at the end while taking a knee. That's a reflection of the head coach. Ironton needs a search commitee to find a coach with no ties to that school.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wow is all I can say. I thought ironton would come in after holding burg to 14, and be loaded for bear. sounds like they laid an egg, and still are having personal foul troubles. can't believe what is happening there in the tank.

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

Only way Ironton goes too the play-offs this season it to watch. The team I watched last night won't win the OVC. These kids are completely out of control, its clear there coaches can't handle these kids, they don't have an ounce of respect for their coach or the fans. This is how it started at rock hill, its time for a change.

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

Sorry to say I got to watch this one. I'm reading on this thread about the lack of discipline and all but no one has mentioned ALL the turnovers, and mistakes
You could watch the boys frustration levels rise from the sideline! No wonder there were penalties.
One more observation, what happened to the blocking? I thought most of the kids from last year was still there? and would be 2 and 3 year retuners?
When you can't run or throw the ball because the QB is getting pressure at the snap? Did something change?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

People jumped all over me when I suggested Wheelersburg and Ironton aren't amazing this year.

Ironton is a strange team to figure out. So many returning TALENTED players and this is the product? You can have a great stable of backs but if the blocking isn't there, it doesn't matter. The line play is pathetic.

Bash the staff all you want, the players play and they know how much talent they have. I've seen good teams with a bad coaching staff before and you can still win ball games.

Some would argue Portsmouth did it for years!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I could smell the horrible coaching through my iPhone in Orlando. @ least I had the balls to call for a new coach last week. Listening, The coaching was the worst i could have ever imagined.They've gotta finish out the season with enough to field a team &@this point, that looks like a tall task. Penalties & 5 turnovers in second half was just pathetic. It will take 6-years with a new coach to rebuild IHS to a consistent winning team. I don't care who that pisses off, as it needs to be addressed & acted upon.
Several posters have mentioned they don't have the correct last name to be on the coaching staff. I don't get that hint with their name not starting with a "B". Maybe it's because I'm to far away in Florida? There's coach Vass. Toby Schreck, & Tim Thomas in some capacity. I cannot find the complete list anywhere. I would love to find a link. I'd also would like to know what coach we list to Rock Hill.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm not sure I understand your last sentence geverve

Return to “Football”