9/11 A Oak Hill
9/18 A Chesapeake
9/25 H Coal Grove Dawson-Bryant
10/2 H Portsmouth
10/9 N Unknown Opponent/BYE
10/16 A Ironton
10/23 H South Point
10/30 A Proctorville Fairland

Any inside information on plans for Week 7 opponent after dropping St. Wendelin? There are two D 7 Cincinnati teams that may be available (Hillcrest or MVCA)

osumufan
SE

Re: Rock Hill 2015

Post by osumufan »

Heard the starting QB went out in a scrimmage for the season. I will be hard to do real well with a Freshman QB. But they did look better in the previews than they have in the past. But I only counted 27? or so in the media pictures. This does not bode well if injuries hit hard!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm hearing they played a very spirited game in the previews.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I hate to hear that if that's the case..

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

It'll take time to rebuild this mess. As always, good luck to the Redmen.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Does Rock Hill have their 2015 roster up yet? I was needing a few copies of the roster.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i ain't seen anything.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Plain and simple. Rock Hill is now the pushover team in the OVC. Knipp has needed out for quite a few years now. Their numbers are extremely low and if this continues, Rock Hill may not have enough kids to field a team in a few years. It is really sad to see such a once good, consistent program go to pot over keeping a coach (for whatever reason) and letting an entire community suffer a losing record. My prediction: 1-7 or 2-8 at absolute best.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

how low is the turnout Jason. I thought they had a pretty good preview showing.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

I counted 28 in the media day picture. I know the QB is lost for the year so down to 27. This is not good!

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

its the peoples fault for standing bye and letting the board keep this staff, I won't say coaching staff for fear of mis-representing them

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Rock Hill is 7-33 in the last four football seasons. Some of that has to fall upon coaching. Just look at their numbers and then look at the size of the school. There's no way there's not a few kids who are a part of that school district who couldn't help them improve. Success breeds success. Failure leads to two things: loss of interest and then turmoil. I am honestly surprised the people of Rock Hill has not asked for a new direction in coaching. Rock Hill used to have 50-60 kids a year and constant and consistent success.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Rock Hill is 7-33 in the last four football seasons. Some of that has to fall upon coaching. Just look at their numbers and then look at the size of the school. There's no way there's not a few kids who are a part of that school district who couldn't help them improve. Success breeds success. Failure leads to two things: loss of interest and then turmoil. I am honestly surprised the people of Rock Hill has not asked for a new direction in coaching. Rock Hill used to have 50-60 kids a year and constant and consistent success.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I had 53 there on my rock hill grade school team 1 year. actually our team should have been split. we always had well into the 40's.and they were enourmous.and those kids when they were older were in the ohio h.s. playoffs.so they continued to stay successful.well anyhoo I hope they get things turned around there. ready to see them winning again. i'll say it now.and i'll offend some.but I'm just stating the obvious-- they have a man in their system right now. mark''hammer''lutz from the ironton coaching tree , bob's nephew.if they are not grooming him to be the new head coach almost immediately. they are making a huge mistake. sports are based on performance at every level. and they are just not getting it done there.i'm not trying to offend anyone, but the job is not getting done there.and another season like the last few with 27 kids out. well frankly-- it may just be more than that program can take. make no mistake, the kids are there, trust me. and the facilities are second to none. so you got to be accountable about getting the program turned.they owe that to the players, fans, cheerleaders , band, volunteers and everyone else involved in the school system.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

there I've said it.------------you can put lipstick on a pig. but at the end of the day, it's still a pig.--- YTB, 8/15/15.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

HAMMER KNOWS FOOTBALL.
he's married to ray zorne's daughter. the zorne's and rock hill/sports go hand in hand. mark lutz is bob Lutz's nephew. hammer was either the qb coach or offensive co-ordinator at ironton for many years. and has been in that coaching tree forever. frankly how he got away from ironton is beyond me. but hammer has inhaled success/playoffs/state championship games/regionals,etc. bob lutz is the winningest high school coach ever in the state of ohio.a record that may never be broken. and hammer was one of bob's right hand men for years. success breeds success.hammer's wealth of knowledge of the game of football has to be one of the best around.and I'm sure he'd bring that mentality to the hill. I slap gar-on-tee the hill would start winning ball games. and the kid's would put down play stations and play for him. because anyone that plays sports wants to be successful. and a program that's always in turmoil just won't allow that to happen.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm going to be painfully honest here. and I lived in the rock hill school district for 32 years at kitts hill.
the fans involved in the rock hill system when I was there. and even people that were ardent and loyal and involved in coaching youth sports then. you see ton's of them at ironton games. and in the playoff atmosphere it could be as much as 1/4th of the ironton crowd.do you think they don't want to see this happen where they attended school. of course they do.----------you can't live in a district for 32 years. and have coached in that youth program for years and not be a fan.irregardless of the fact on Friday nights I was at ironton games with my dad.i was still very loyal to that district and was a fan. no different from say a guy that is a ohio state fan. and his wife say is a notre dame fan.it just happens that way.

Return to “Football”