Division V, Region 17

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: Division V, Region 17

Post by Trojan_Pride »

fbnut wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:
demaniac1 wrote:CG, are u serious? U can predict what one run in week 1 can be the deciding game changer in week 9?
all I am saying is when valley wins this game by 14 what are burg people going to say ???? u know maybe Jackson had a bad night when you guys beat them
maybe the burg had an off night week one and the real burg team is the one that manhandled a very good jackson team
if u guys do to valley what u done to Jackson I will become a believer!!
so I still have atleast 13 days of being a non believer left LOL

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I just don't think Ironton can make the playoffs. Is the possibility there to win out? Of course, it most definitely is there. However, Ironton is currently sitting in 16th place in that region. Yes, I know they have whatever percentage of a chance to make the playoffs. However, the mathematics of it is against them. First off, they would have to jump from 16th to 8th place. This means that Minford would have to lose 2 out of its last three games, which could happen (a very likely scenario). Then, Oak Hill would have to lose at least one of its games. Going by numbers alone, it probably won't happen; Oak Hill beat Northwest 30-23, and Northwest beat East 41-0. East is the best team remaining on Oak Hill's schedule. I just don't see Oak Hill losing another game. This doesn't mean that Oak Hill would make the playoffs; however, this would most likely put Oak Hill ahead of Ironton. Wellston may only win another game (Vinton County; they have Meigs and Athens, as well) which would put them below Ironton. Martin's Ferry may only win another game; so, that could platoon Ironton ahead of them. Northwest should win out, which in turn, would put them ahead of Ironton but at the same time, would most likely put Oak Hill ahead of Northwest. Tusky Valley should win two out of the last three games on their schedule. Those teams are a combined 4-11 at this point, so Ironton could jump ahead of them as well. Union Local should win two out of their last three (Bellaire and Barnesville) so that would place them ahead of Ironton. I think people keep forgetting that there is a couple of major things at stake here: 1. River Valley has never made the playoffs. They will play the hardest they have ever played to ensure they can make this the most successful season they have ever had in football. 2. Chesapeake is having a darn fine year. One loss to Rock Hill. Mind you, that's the same Chesapeake team who beat Alexander in week two. Chesapeake beating Ironton would be HUGE, and it's a major possibility. 3. Rock Hill is having the best season they have had since 2007 and are in the mix of things. I will keep my personal feelings about their current staff to myself and say this: the kids at Rock Hill have something to prove, just like River Valley. I see the region finishing something like this:
1. Burg/Zane Trace
2.Zane Trace/Burg
3. Harrison Central
4. Alexander
5. Ridgewood
6. Coshocton
7. Rock Hill
8. River Valley
9. Oak Hill
10. Northwest
11. Ironton
It should go something like this. It's honestly time for a River Valley or Rock Hill to make the playoffs for the first time, or the first time in a long time. Ironton playing either Zane Trace or Wheelersburg (again) is foolish talk. That would be a really bad idea. Why get destroyed in the playoffs by the same team for two consecutive years? Just so you can say you made it to the playoffs? That is extremely illogical. Sometimes the best way to win is to lose. Then again, Ironton is still scheduling some teams based off of "tradition." This isn't the Ironton of years past, and they are slowly going the way of the Dodo. Teams aren't afraid of their team bus, or their past anymore. Those things will only get you so far. There is a reason that they joined the OVC, and it sure as hell wasn't to create "natural" rivalries within their county. If that was true, then they would be scheduling them on a consistent basis in the past.

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

zane trace has played some good football teams
they scrimmaged and played very well against a d1 playoff team
they have beaten two 6-1 teams
they had 2 of their best players LITERALLY taken out early in the paint valley game- they played without them against 4-3 adena team and never trailed in a 9-6 game
they beat 4-3 unioto 63-0 in a game they might have been able to score 200 (it was 43-0 early in the 2nd when they pulled starters)
Im not saying they are going to beat anyone in the playoffs but they are a good team that will play well with anyone

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Jason Vorhees wrote:I just don't think Ironton can make the playoffs. Is the possibility there to win out? Of course, it most definitely is there. However, Ironton is currently sitting in 16th place in that region. Yes, I know they have whatever percentage of a chance to make the playoffs. However, the mathematics of it is against them. First off, they would have to jump from 16th to 8th place. This means that Minford would have to lose 2 out of its last three games, which could happen (a very likely scenario). Then, Oak Hill would have to lose at least one of its games. Going by numbers alone, it probably won't happen; Oak Hill beat Northwest 30-23, and Northwest beat East 41-0. East is the best team remaining on Oak Hill's schedule. I just don't see Oak Hill losing another game. This doesn't mean that Oak Hill would make the playoffs; however, this would most likely put Oak Hill ahead of Ironton. Wellston may only win another game (Vinton County; they have Meigs and Athens, as well) which would put them below Ironton. Martin's Ferry may only win another game; so, that could platoon Ironton ahead of them. Northwest should win out, which in turn, would put them ahead of Ironton but at the same time, would most likely put Oak Hill ahead of Northwest. Tusky Valley should win two out of the last three games on their schedule. Those teams are a combined 4-11 at this point, so Ironton could jump ahead of them as well. Union Local should win two out of their last three (Bellaire and Barnesville) so that would place them ahead of Ironton. I think people keep forgetting that there is a couple of major things at stake here: 1. River Valley has never made the playoffs. They will play the hardest they have ever played to ensure they can make this the most successful season they have ever had in football. 2. Chesapeake is having a darn fine year. One loss to Rock Hill. Mind you, that's the same Chesapeake team who beat Alexander in week two. Chesapeake beating Ironton would be HUGE, and it's a major possibility. 3. Rock Hill is having the best season they have had since 2007 and are in the mix of things. I will keep my personal feelings about their current staff to myself and say this: the kids at Rock Hill have something to prove, just like River Valley. I see the region finishing something like this:
1. Burg/Zane Trace
2.Zane Trace/Burg
3. Harrison Central
4. Alexander
5. Ridgewood
6. Coshocton
7. Rock Hill
8. River Valley
9. Oak Hill
10. Northwest
11. Ironton
It should go something like this. It's honestly time for a River Valley or Rock Hill to make the playoffs for the first time, or the first time in a long time. Ironton playing either Zane Trace or Wheelersburg (again) is foolish talk. That would be a really bad idea. Why get destroyed in the playoffs by the same team for two consecutive years? Just so you can say you made it to the playoffs? That is extremely illogical. Sometimes the best way to win is to lose. Then again, Ironton is still scheduling some teams based off of "tradition." This isn't the Ironton of years past, and they are slowly going the way of the Dodo. Teams aren't afraid of their team bus, or their past anymore. Those things will only get you so far. There is a reason that they joined the OVC, and it sure as hell wasn't to create "natural" rivalries within their county. If that was true, then they would be scheduling them on a consistent basis in the past.
I think you're not looking closely @ school sizes & second level points for these games/teams shot @ week 11.
"I " think", you should let it all play out on the field & we will know what needs to happen for each team's shot @ a playoff spot the following morning after week nine games!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
BB #26 wrote:I think the bottom line is this Region is not very good. I posted in late August/early Sept. that an above average team would win this Region because of how down it was. As the season has played out that is what is going to happen. The top two teams are above average teams in comparison to teams in that area over the past 10 years.

When the OHSAA realigned this region, they made it one of the weakest in the state by eliminating the Columbus schools. People can no longer complain that the "OHSAA screws southern Ohio teams". It is the easiest way to the Final Four.
just out of curiosity from you or anyone who has seen zane trace play, I can only base things on numbers cause I have not seen them play but zane trace is sitting there with 3 games of victories of 6, 7 , and 3 points unlike! burg pretty much whopping the schedule!

so what makes zane trace so good ???
They aren't that good.

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

they arent that good compared to who?

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Anyone saying Zane Trace isn't good needs their heads checked. Logan Elm and Paint Valley are two very good teams. Zane Trace held Adena (who came in scoring 40+ in half of their contests) to six points. The Pioneers also shut out a Unioto squad that had posted two scores in the 50's. ZT isn't a spectacular team, they play good football. They're a good football team.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I don't know much about Zane trace, other than they are undefeated for a reason. How would they stack up if they were in the SOC 2 or the ovc?

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

BB #26 wrote:I think the bottom line is this Region is not very good. I posted in late August/early Sept. that an above average team would win this Region because of how down it was. As the season has played out that is what is going to happen. The top two teams are above average teams in comparison to teams in that area over the past 10 years.

When the OHSAA realigned this region, they made it one of the weakest in the state by eliminating the Columbus schools. People can no longer complain that the "OHSAA screws southern Ohio teams". It is the easiest way to the Final Four.
Couldn't be any more wrong. Columbus metro area has zero D5 teams that are worth a bucket of warm piss. The only issue with this region is that there is the potential for some very long week 11 trips.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

oak hill may very well win out but if oak hill wins out and ironton wins out ironton will be ahead of oak hill.

also when you talk big points games you did not mention alexander and meigs.

l.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:I don't know much about Zane trace, other than they are undefeated for a reason. How would they stack up if they were in the SOC 2 or the ovc?
I couldn't agree more. Zane Trace has been good against their competition, but how good is that competition really? I think Burg would be 3-4+ scores better.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

wrestlefan1 wrote:they arent that good compared to who?
I didn't compare them to anyone. There is no need to do so, or look & who they've beat & how that team beat another team.

Although in Florida, I'm of a certain age that many referees are, that are still working the fields & we keep in touch.
When 4 refs tell me who is strong. Underrated, overrated, reacts emotionally, gets it done. I tend to listen & then exactly what I was told would happen & always comes to pass.

They're winning yes, but against an average div 5 school they would struggle. Playoff wise. 20% first game out. Second playoff Game, out.

Nothing personal, I get good info & ive watched every playoff team from that area over the past 30 years do as I described above. Although division 6, ZT barely squeaked by 2 average teams in their most recent games.
Good Luck.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

nutronron2012 wrote: I couldn't agree more. Zane Trace has been good against their competition, but how good is that competition really?
Coach Hall is having a very strong homecoming campaign at ZT. Logan Elm is tied for first with Teays Valley in the MSL-Buckeye. The Braves have a very potent offense, they hung 52 on a Bloom-Carroll defense that shut out Circleville (who came into that game averaging 37 points per game). LE is coached by the same coach that broke his previous program's 48-game losing streak en route to a 7-3 season last year (Millersport), Terry Holbert.

Paint Valley beat Minford 16-7, and Coach Hollon's Bearcats are having a solid season so far with four wins against teams with winning records.

ZT plays good football and has some pretty talented players. Their two best wins to date have been against solid competition. One game at a time, but I think if they do face 'Burg in the regional championship, they will be well deserving of that spot.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Yea. I agree. If they keep winning and get there. They deserve it for sure. But nobody deserves a beat down like they'll get.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Yea. I agree. If they keep winning and get there. They deserve it for sure. But nobody deserves a beat down like they'll get.
Pioneers got beat 64-7 in week 11, 2013 courtesy of Hartley. Think you'll beat that high score? :mrgreen:

Very impressed with Burg. With Liberty Union out of contention, I'll be pulling for them hard this postseason. Arguably one of the most loyal communities in not just southern Ohio, but all of Ohio. Your community has some very fine adults in the classroom and on the fields, I have the pleasure of knowing a few of them. After seeing the Pirates almost shock the state last year with that memorable game vs Hartley, the Burg is arguably hungry for a spot in the final four.

Nothing is guaranteed in this region, of course! But would be awesome to see you guys make it to week 13, win, and make more memories in week 14.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Yea. I agree. If they keep winning and get there. They deserve it for sure. But nobody deserves a beat down like they'll get.

now I am on to you pirate , it is you that starts these issues on here LOL that last sentence wasn't necessary !!!!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Jason Vorhees wrote:I just don't think Ironton can make the playoffs. Is the possibility there to win out? Of course, it most definitely is there. However, Ironton is currently sitting in 16th place in that region. Yes, I know they have whatever percentage of a chance to make the playoffs. However, the mathematics of it is against them. First off, they would have to jump from 16th to 8th place. This means that Minford would have to lose 2 out of its last three games, which could happen (a very likely scenario). Then, Oak Hill would have to lose at least one of its games. Going by numbers alone, it probably won't happen; Oak Hill beat Northwest 30-23, and Northwest beat East 41-0. East is the best team remaining on Oak Hill's schedule. I just don't see Oak Hill losing another game. This doesn't mean that Oak Hill would make the playoffs; however, this would most likely put Oak Hill ahead of Ironton. Wellston may only win another game (Vinton County; they have Meigs and Athens, as well) which would put them below Ironton. Martin's Ferry may only win another game; so, that could platoon Ironton ahead of them. Northwest should win out, which in turn, would put them ahead of Ironton but at the same time, would most likely put Oak Hill ahead of Northwest. Tusky Valley should win two out of the last three games on their schedule. Those teams are a combined 4-11 at this point, so Ironton could jump ahead of them as well. Union Local should win two out of their last three (Bellaire and Barnesville) so that would place them ahead of Ironton. I think people keep forgetting that there is a couple of major things at stake here: 1. River Valley has never made the playoffs. They will play the hardest they have ever played to ensure they can make this the most successful season they have ever had in football. 2. Chesapeake is having a darn fine year. One loss to Rock Hill. Mind you, that's the same Chesapeake team who beat Alexander in week two. Chesapeake beating Ironton would be HUGE, and it's a major possibility. 3. Rock Hill is having the best season they have had since 2007 and are in the mix of things. I will keep my personal feelings about their current staff to myself and say this: the kids at Rock Hill have something to prove, just like River Valley. I see the region finishing something like this:
1. Burg/Zane Trace
2.Zane Trace/Burg
3. Harrison Central
4. Alexander
5. Ridgewood
6. Coshocton
7. Rock Hill
8. River Valley
9. Oak Hill
10. Northwest
11. Ironton
RV is toast with a loss to ATHENS a win and im still not sure if that's enough!!! same goes for IRONTON toast with any loss

as far as oak hill / ironton comparison

iroton has 18 games of L2 points that are LOCKS and 1 game is a maybe and those are worth 4 to 4.5 per game

oak hill only has 8 LOCKS and 15 maybe games also I think 14 of those 23 are against d7 3.5 compared to ironton getting 4 to 4.5 per game(net loss of 23-32 L2 points right there for that)

it just aint there for the oaks if ironton wins out
I am going to look at NW closer after while

I have looked at NW also and I have put them in same boat as oak hill even if they win last 3 games there L2 point value will not overtake ironton
Last edited by Trojan_Pride on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:

now I am on to you pirate , it is you that starts these issues on here LOL that last sentence wasn't necessary !!!!
Did you say something Betty?

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:

Did you say something Betty?
yeah I did your the instigator not me!!!! you started on zane trace for no reason LOL

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I don't always agree with Jolly, But I do 100% on this.

Return to “Football”