Portsmouth 35 West 21 9/6/2013

westsenator17
Waterboy

Re: Week 2: West (0-1) @ Portsmouth (0-1)

Post by westsenator17 »

Wait I got it calculated. Minford spanks fairland in scrimmage. west gets totally dominated by fairland.valley beats Portsmouth that makes Portsmouth the huge favorite. Portsmouth way to much. sorry west fans lol

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I listened to the entire West game, and I'll tell you this...If portsmouth runs the spread and has any amount of speed, West will have a HARD time defending it.

Pulling for the SOC, but I think Trojans get to 1-1.

westsenator17
Waterboy

Post by westsenator17 »

You wasn't there to see what happenened. so to you,you have no idea. JUST hope refs can call fair game. Really don't wanta see any bounced passes for tds.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Crab's brother wrote:West may very well win this game, but I would like to know what the people who are calling for a 2 TD win are basing this prediction on? West was dominated by a Fairland team that I watched Minford shove around a week ago. West couldn't stop Fairland's spread, no huddle attack on their own grass field, but in 6 days they are going to stop a Portsmouth spread offense with more speed than that of the Dragons on the Trojans turf stadium? Portsmouth's only win in 2012 was over West and the Trojans are better. I understand that the West posters love their team, but nothing I have seen yet tells me that West will go to Portsmouth and win. Having said that, I hope the Senators get the win, because I want the SOC to excel. But I think Coach Sparks gets his first win.

Portsmouth 34
West 18
The Fairland team you saw play Minford was not the same team. Evan Maddox their starting running back did not play against Minford. Maddox was also one of the leading receiver's as well. People crack me up with this whole turf vs. grass argument. If you are fast you are fast period. Do I think West can win by 2 TD's I have no idea. Could they win By 2 TD's yes, could they lose by 2 TD's yes. This is Football anything is possible once you step onto the field. That is why you play the game. If anything wasn't possible there wouldn't be any reason to play they games. We would just let the predictions on the message boards decide the winners. Anyone who has been around this game has at one time either seen or been on a team that had no chance of winning do the unthinkable. This game is simple, who ever wants it more wins. That being said my prediction is the team that has the fewest mistakes will win.

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

I think West can shake a bad first game off, but I'm also not about to count out a Portsmouth team hung with Valley like that.
Obviously I want West to win to boost Fairland's playoff points (especially since we still have to play Wheelersburg and Athens (back to back) as well as Coal Grove) but I know what playing in front of your home crowd can do for team morale. I honestly think this game will come down to whomever has possession of the football when the clock runs out. Here's to an injury free game, and best of luck to both teams.

Sider95
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider95 »

I feel it's anyone's game. Fact is that in the Fairland game one of Fairlands TD should not have counted. The boy never made it to the end zone and how the ref missed it is beyond me. West left 7 points on the field by not using their kicker. They had two chip shot field goals for the kicker Dials who didnt kick for some reason. He wasnt hurt I know that much. They would have been better off to kick the ball out of bounds on kickoffs because Fairland would return it to the 40-45 and beyond every time. I think West worries to much about the big stuff and forgets all the little stuff. Like a kicking game.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Shawnee, does Dials ever go to practices and show the coaches what he is capable of? I know he had a terrible break last year in soccer. I am sure they had their reasons for not using him. You must be related to him, talk to the coaches. I know he would be a great asset and is a great kicker.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

One more thing. West had 6 touchdowns in game with Fairland and over 400 yds combined rushing and in the air. Fairland really had 5 touchdowns. I don't care when the score changes, be it first quarter or last, it isn't over till it's over. If West scored 20+ points in the last quarter and it wasnt against Fairland second string, what on earth is wrong with that? I unlike many of you West fans, won't give up on a team that has worked hard and never quit after most "fans" left. There should be a rule on these websites..any negative comments made, real identity is put on here also. That would be a blast. :)
Last edited by urban buck on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Portsmouth by 14, the Trojans have to much speed and some good skill players.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Good luck against Russell buddy. :)

Sider95
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider95 »

urban buck wrote:Shawnee, does Dials ever go to practices and show the coaches what he is capable of? I know he had a terrible break last year in soccer. I am sure they had their reasons for not using him. You must be related to him, talk to the coaches. I know he would be a great asset and is a great kicker.

Yes he goes to practices. For him its soccer first and the coaches know that. He couldn't do anything until the beginning of July when the doctor cleared him. I have heard coaches praise him and say how good he is blah blah blah. Then he and the other kicker (Jay Pitts) set. I have said for years that we and every team needs a good kicker. You never know when you need one. Don't think kicking is important? Tell the Patriots that. Tell Coldwater that.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

shawnee wrote:
urban buck wrote:Shawnee, does Dials ever go to practices and show the coaches what he is capable of? I know he had a terrible break last year in soccer. I am sure they had their reasons for not using him. You must be related to him, talk to the coaches. I know he would be a great asset and is a great kicker.

Yes he goes to practices. For him its soccer first and the coaches know that. He couldn't do anything until the beginning of July when the doctor cleared him. I have heard coaches praise him and say how good he is blah blah blah. Then he and the other kicker (Jay Pitts) set. I have said for years that we and every team needs a good kicker. You never know when you need one. Don't think kicking is important? Tell the Patriots that. Tell Coldwater that.
I have been to practice and shagged balls for Dials he is a very capable kicker seen him kick several from 35 yards and beyond. If we have 4th and long and 40 yards or less give the kid a shot i have confidence that he can get the job done.

OrginialYouKnow
JV Team

Post by OrginialYouKnow »

Should be a good game!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Shawnee is right. We had 4th and goal to go from around the 8 in the first quarter. Yes you kick it.

Our first driver we go for it on 4th and a long 3 to 4 yards at around midfield and get stuffed. Why take the chance of giving them a short field when you know their strength is offense? Plus the energy it gives a team to stop another on downs. Punt the ball.

At the end of the game we have all three timeouts. We needed to score twice. Why do we burn a TO on a change of possession when the clock doesn't run anyway? And then the others on offense. Your only chance is to call them on defense to get the ball back, unless you get an onsides kick.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

urban buck wrote:Good luck against Russell buddy. :)
Thanks, have to go with Portsmouth due to points IF we beat them.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

I have never seen the Dials kid at a practice myself. Good to know he still wants to kick. How long has he been released? Wasnt he out for over a year? Shawnee didn't the coaches use him a bunch year before last before he was hurt? So really dont think they changed their mind. Instead of insulting the coaching choices, why not go get a reason from them yourself? Be Great to see him out there kicking again. He was good.

My opinion, the kicking game was the least of West worries last week.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

[quote="Crab's brother"]If there is one fan base on this website that claims to be experts, it the West fans. Hell, there was a topic on here Saturday morning bashing the entire West athletic department.

They are everywhere :122245

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Westfan wrote:Shawnee is right. We had 4th and goal to go from around the 8 in the first quarter. Yes you kick it.

Our first driver we go for it on 4th and a long 3 to 4 yards at around midfield and get stuffed. Why take the chance of giving them a short field when you know their strength is offense? Plus the energy it gives a team to stop another on downs. Punt the ball.

At the end of the game we have all three timeouts. We needed to score twice. Why do we burn a TO on a change of possession when the clock doesn't run anyway? And then the others on offense. Your only chance is to call them on defense to get the ball back, unless you get an onsides kick.
Isnt girls basketball your thing?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I have interest in several things with football being numero uno

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

:oops:Yea I know.

Return to “Football”