(48)Ironton @ South Point(0)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: OVC WK5 (1-3) Ironton @ (2-2) South Point

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE ''IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS'' TONIGHT IN SOUTH POINT AGAINST THE POINTERS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

BubbleGum Tiger wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:06 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:40 pm
BubbleGum Tiger wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:30 pm

sorry Charlie but Mark met his pledge of 15K.......
I knew he had as well. but hard to argue with alllllllll the experts. yes they went to ironton, graduated with my sister. but I would love to see this happen. but currently him and beth are livin the dream.
just another hater from the Burg who
doesnt know his A$$ from 2nd base//////////////
And you would be wrong. Mark Snyder may have grown up in South Point on Meadow Lane, but his brother Billy and sister Kelly neither have lived in Ironton ever, both moved from South Point YEARS ago. Billy hasn't lived in the area since he left for Kansas in 1984. Marks mother closed her hair salon on Solida over 15 years ago. To say Mark has "family" in the area is a fallacy, all of his family moved years ago. His three daughters would be more important to him than anyone in the Ironton area and none live anywhere near Ironton. So yeah, I know the situation a lot better than some of you Ironton dreamers. And no, do some research, Mark never paid his $15K pledge unless he did so in the last 4 months.

Anyone want to make a wager on whether or not Mark Snyder leaves MSU making $550k for Irontons $10k job? I am willing to put my money where my mouth is, are you?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:34 pm The median age in Ironton = 41 years old.

Ironton currently grades out at a D+ in housing.

The # of owner occupied homes in Ironton is around 5 % lower than average.

Average income = 20,300.00 - thats about the same as a full time retail employee.

4.5% unemployment rate.

You grade out at a C on jobs.

You have a population of a little over 10,000 and declining and only a little over 1,000 of those are actually family households.

Ironton is dying. It is what it is.
I'd be interested in seeing those same statistics for Wheelersburg. What Industries do they have?

Buddy Garrity
Waterboy

Post by Buddy Garrity »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:51 am
BigCarlito72 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:34 pm The median age in Ironton = 41 years old.

Average income = 20,300.00 - thats about the same as a full time retail employee.

4.5% unemployment rate.

You have a population of a little over 10,000 and declining and only a little over 1,000 of those are actually family households.

I'd be interested in seeing those same statistics for Wheelersburg. What Industries do they have?
Fred's Pizza and Big Lots....

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salarie ... /assistant

According to the above link, Mark Snyder's base salary at Michigan State is $329,686 annually.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

No one really believes that Mark Snyder is leaving Michigan State, to coach the Fighting Tigers.
Last edited by Mavrick2016 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

4.5% unemployment rate.

OH NO HE DIT -- UNT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I'D LOVE TO HEAR THAT INFORMATION ON THE SCIOTY COUNTY ALL STAR'S MYSELF BUICKEYE.------------------------------ WELL PLAYED.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Get em sp. Even thou i believe ironton will win

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

It doesn't matter if Snyder does come, it wouldn't matter if Bill Belichick came to Ironounce. They'd still be the no-fight Tigers, I mean, you can polish a turd for hours.....it's still a turd.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
cptboogis
Waterboy

Post by cptboogis »

Carlito is correct with demographics. As far as burg, their demographics are a bit different. They are not even a city nor a village Burg is a census designated place with a population of just over 6k with enrollment of just shy of 400 in the high school. As you can see Ironton is significantly larger than burg yet the high school enrollment is virtually the same. I would argue that the equality of enrollment has more to do with district boundaries than it does with age or economics. The Ironton school district's physical boundaries are significantly smaller than that of burg's, and honestly smaller than most in the area. If Ironton consolidated portions of Rock Hill and Dawson Bryant to equate in geographic size to burg the enrollment numbers would likely put Ironton on par with a Jackson. Whether that actually would translate in to athletic success who is to say

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

South Point only have 16 players dressing?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

Hey I think Burg is building a big hotel ! 😊 Crazy excuses

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:09 am I appreciate the figures that carlito has provided. I have no idea of their accuracy. but it sounds pretty spot on. but ironton is a tough group of people, plant workers,and a resilient town. I still refuse to realize this program can not be greatly increased by the right guidance. granted it may never be what it once was, but who knows.
Spoken by a guy who no longer lives in Ironton

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:00 am

4.5% unemployment rate.

OH NO HE DIT -- UNT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I'D LOVE TO HEAR THAT INFORMATION ON THE SCIOTY COUNTY ALL STAR'S MYSELF BUICKEYE.------------------------------ WELL PLAYED.
Well to start, Wheelersburg has only experienced a - 0.5% pop decrease comparitive to Irontons -2%. Thats considerable.

Estimated median household income is around $54,000 annually comparitive to Ironton - mid twenties. Also worth noting. In 2000 burgs median household income was $34,000. So it has increased.

Wheelersburg high schools enrollment currently sits at around 405 students. So about even with Ironton, slightly larger but again with a much less population decrease occuring currently ( - 0.5% vs - 2.0%)

Here is an interesting fact. Both Ironton and Burg rank in the upper 90's in graduation rate yet well below the 50% mark in college preparedness. So academically neither school is accomplishing much to write home about currently with respect to empowering young people.

Wheelersburgs population is about 6,500, considerably less than Ironton which is currently around 10,000.

Essentially both areas have decreased and will continue to at their respective rates or greater. Enrollment will continue to plummet and both schools will continue to fall in class until the inevitable occurs.

The same socio economic failure in Ironton is the same in the Burg. It is what it is. Southern Ohio is old and has very limited economic growth potential and will eventually die.

As far as the disparity on the field, both are so small you can expect it to fluctuate back and forth. Some years Ironton will be better. Some years Wheelersburg. Given the stats per demography it likely just boils down to who is running the better program presently and that is Burg.

Conclusion: It's time for Ironton to change directions and release Coach Mark Vass and the Lutz holdovers and begin a new culture of football that resonates with todays players. The Ironton mystique doesnt register. Each year you have less kids coming into that program that were even alive to recall it from a substantial standpoint. Its became folklore in a sense and nothing more.

Jermon Jackson and Delandual Conwell and Bob Lutz and Mike Burcham and Craig Pleasant and etc etc etc are NOT walking through that door.

BTWN_THE_LINE
BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

And with Red Burcham selected at the helm tonight its a simple acknowledgement that Ironton as a program, is more concerned with past name recognition and maintaining the status quo. Ironton football is basically become a monarchy handed down by a couple families and their friends so as to maintain their social status. They are not interested in growth. They are interested in maintaining what they feel is their entitled place within the community.

Dont expect Ironton football to grow or improve. Its dead. Let is rest.

BTWN_THE_LINE
Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Ironton 48 South Point 0

tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

VASS IS DEAD WE NEED RED sorry I couldn't help it lol

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

mattash wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:20 pm South Point only have 16 players dressing?
Yes, started the game with 19 players, qb hurt, kid got a targeting call and suspended, and another went down with a concussion. Came out after the half with 16.
Lost a few to drug testing this week. But you know our school is the only school in Scioto or Lawrence who drug tests all our student athletes. The rest of the districts dont have the balls to do it. It might have saved a recent kids life in Scioto County if they did it there. But I guess winning games is more important. SP will hopefully be able to gut it out and finish the season. Proud of my two kids who have since graduated for sticking it out and staying put and playing with pride win or lose. Playing on an allstar team is what Ironton had back in the glory days. Now the tables have turned and that is exactly what Burg has.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

osumufan wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:30 pm
mattash wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:20 pm South Point only have 16 players dressing?
Yes, started the game with 19 players, qb hurt, kid got a targeting call and suspended, and another went down with a concussion. Came out after the half with 16.
Lost a few to drug testing this week. But you know our school is the only school in Scioto or Lawrence who drug tests all our student athletes. The rest of the districts dont have the balls to do it. It might have saved a recent kids life in Scioto County if they did it there. But I guess winning games is more important. SP will hopefully be able to gut it out and finish the season. Proud of my two kids who have since graduated for sticking it out and staying put and playing with pride win or lose. Playing on an allstar team is what Ironton had back in the glory days. Now the tables have turned and that is exactly what Burg has.
Coach kratzenberg is a good coach. He was given a dumpster fire. I've heard of the stories he's had to deal with and they are troubling. I hope they keep him and give him time. People have no idea what happens behind the closed doors.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

farmer wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:02 pm Now Ironton is getting another hotel. Which should also include some restaurants coming. Then again there are some people who make comments like above who do not want to give Ironton a chance or any coach a chance.
That's awesome now maybe those 2 crap holes in SP will close. Heard the Holiday Inn is already run down. They are hosting the DUI school several times a year. Give it a few years and those losers will be moving there.

Return to “Football”