What's next for the SEOAL?

Paladin
SEOP

Re: What's next for the SEOAL?

Post by Paladin »

People will talk about this for decades. Witness the fleeing teams who couldn't compete and ran. SEO is all about avoiding competition. Until another league picks one of the last three, the SEOAL goes on while they try to pick up 8 ooc games. Expansion is still possible with other schools. The league still may not be dead. Marietta I consider still viable. It will be interesting to see what happens.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

All the leagues in southeastern Ohio have football #1........with this being said schools in the TVC are and will get tired of Trimble and Athens winning every year and will get out. Probably getting together to leave all at once and start a new league.
I can see the same thing happening in the OVC. Ironton will take the football every year and it will not take long for schools to get tired of this. Logan and Jackson have mostly ruled the SEOAL in football and over the years the results have been teams leaving. With this happening no one wants to take these two teams in. Ironton operates better as an independent. Can they schedule strong enough team out of the OVC to make the play off?

IF is the BIG word...........if the SEOAL would have stayed away from taking the four new teams in they would still be together. It may have worked if they stayed with the North and South without crossing over making the long trips. Could have tried to add teams to each as they went.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

:lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

What would jackson and Logan schedules look like as Independants?
I think they'll both find a league in a few years and being IndependAnt will be good for awhile. The TVC Ohio isn't strong enough top to bottom and that's the conference in our area.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Viking96 wrote:What would jackson and Logan schedules look like as Independants?
I think they'll both find a league in a few years and being IndependAnt will be good for awhile. The TVC Ohio isn't strong enough top to bottom and that's the conference in our area.

The TVC in football reminds me of the old big ten.....Big 2 and little eight

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

noreply66 wrote:
Viking96 wrote:What would jackson and Logan schedules look like as Independants?

You remind me of a moron... because you are one.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

noreply66 wrote:

And your little league is almost nothing but a memory!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
noreply66 wrote:

And your little league is almost nothing but a memory!
Hey O&B, rejoice in the demise of the SEOAL....but you know what? When the TVC survives 90+ years operating like we have then come talk to me.

The TVC may make it till it's 90th birthday, if so congrats.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I don't have any problem with your almost former league. I do have a problem with the way the SEOAL schools have looked down on our schools.........

The TVC is thriving
The SEOAL is dying

I doubt any league will last that long these days. At some point consolidation will rear it's ugly head and then a whole bunch of leagues will change/combine/disappear.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

hawkeyepierce wrote:96, Jackson has ASKED to join the TVC twice in the last 6 years, my friend. It even came to a vote one year, I want to say 2008 or 2009, and they were rejected, with only (I believe) Athens and Wellston saying "yes." With all due respect, I don't make crap up.

Ground Buck, only in football, does NY smack Vinton County.

That vote though had Jackson and Warren tied together.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Pol Pot wrote:
hawkeyepierce wrote:96, Jackson has ASKED to join the TVC twice in the last 6 years, my friend. It even came to a vote one year, I want to say 2008 or 2009, and they were rejected, with only (I believe) Athens and Wellston saying "yes." With all due respect, I don't make crap up.

Ground Buck, only in football, does NY smack Vinton County.

That vote though had Jackson and Warren tied together.
No it was just Jackson.... FACT

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

noreply66 wrote:All the leagues in southeastern Ohio have football #1........with this being said schools in the TVC are and will get tired of Trimble and Athens winning every year and will get out. Probably getting together to leave all at once and start a new league.
I can see the same thing happening in the OVC. Ironton will take the football every year and it will not take long for schools to get tired of this. Logan and Jackson have mostly ruled the SEOAL in football and over the years the results have been teams leaving. With this happening no one wants to take these two teams in. Ironton operates better as an independent. Can they schedule strong enough team out of the OVC to make the play off?

IF is the BIG word...........if the SEOAL would have stayed away from taking the four new teams in they would still be together. It may have worked if they stayed with the North and South without crossing over making the long trips. Could have tried to add teams to each as they went.
IF is a big word sometimes and in this case we can all speculate but in my opinion had the league stayed Athens, Gallia Academy, Jackson, Logan, Marietta and Warren it would still look very much like that today. The expansion I believe we can all agree was the beginning of the end of the SEOAL or at least as a thriving league, sad really.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

After 90-ish years whether the death is from natural causes or from self-inflicted wounds it is irrelevant.

This to will pass, may be tough for a while, but something will happen and it will be fine. Always a reason, this isn't the end of the world.

Jackson/Logan/Warren have great students, coaches, reputations and facilities...it will be ok.

For 85 of those 90 or so years it was a good run, producing some classic battles in all sorts of sports. Time to figure out the next move, whether it is resurrection or re-birth or what have you.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Until or unless one of the last 3 leave, the league goes on. Those who are afraid to compete are gone. The league yet survives. :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Orange and Brown wrote:I don't have any problem with your almost former league. I do have a problem with the way the SEOAL schools have looked down on our schools.........

The TVC is thriving
The SEOAL is dying

I doubt any league will last that long these days. At some point consolidation will rear it's ugly head and then a whole bunch of leagues will change/combine/disappear.
O & B, please explain why you think the SEOAL"LOOKED DOWN" on your Schools.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Trenchfoot wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:I don't have any problem with your almost former league. I do have a problem with the way the SEOAL schools have looked down on our schools.........

The TVC is thriving
The SEOAL is dying

O & B, please explain why you think the SEOAL"LOOKED DOWN" on your Schools.

Please, The SEOAL schools have treated the TVC like like little step brother no one really wants around.

"The TVC is just a bunch of SEOAL schools who couldn't handle competition "
" oh look we are playing Nelsonville-York, I hate playing schools from the Rutter league "
" the TVC wishes they were the SEOAL "

Thousands of little comments just like that year after year for as long as I can remember.

Then their is all the crap spewed on hear about our weak little league.
Administration and fans alike have done nothing but run the TVC down anytime it sees any kind of success.
I have witnessed it more times than I can count.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Are you speaking for all, or just some? I've always liked playing Nelsonville.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Please, The SEOAL schools have treated the TVC like like little step brother no one really wants around.

"The TVC is just a bunch of SEOAL schools who couldn't handle competition "
" oh look we are playing Nelsonville-York, I hate playing schools from the Rutter league "
" the TVC wishes they were the SEOAL "

Thousands of little comments just like that year after year for as long as I can remember.

Then their is all the crap spewed on hear about our weak little league.
Administration and fans alike have done nothing but run the TVC down anytime it sees any kind of success.
I have witnessed it more times than I can count.
Yes because we all know that the 4 or 5 people on this internet forum that have made derogatory comments about any league represent what "everyone" in the SEOAL communities are thinking.

8/10 of the general population couldn't name the leagues and divisions and schools in them if you polled them walking into a Friday night football game.

But let a handful of internet posers say something bad and apply it to everyone in the respective SEOAL community.

Please.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Trenchfoot wrote:Are you speaking for all, or just some? I've always liked playing Nelsonville.

Really?
Nelsonville hasn't played football since 1966.......

I would imagine you would have enjoyed playing Nelsonville-York though.

I've heard it from Logan, Jackson, Gallia, Marietta, even Athens before they became members.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

You know what I meant! Do I hear violins playing, or what?

Return to “Football”