7-1 Oak Hill @ 2-6 Ironton

Gus
Freshman Team

Re: 7-1 Oak Hill @ 2-6 Ironton

Post by Gus »

maniac66 wrote:I like coach Vass but this team is not responding to the his coaching or playing to their potential.
They don't want to reapond to it. Things would be different if they did!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

They play better out of the ace or pistol in a hurry mode this team just can't grind it out sad to say

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

maniac66 wrote:They play better out of the ace or pistol in a hurry mode this team just can't grind it out sad to say
Agree! But if the coaches have not seen it by now they never will!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Time is crucial here down by 2 points and chance to tie and waste a time out makes no sense.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Wow.

itown keg 77
Riding the Bench

Post by itown keg 77 »

Ironton wins, score 20-14

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

heard oaks drove down to the 5yd line .got penalized. ironton wins in last 10 seconds. wonder what oaks have to say about that?

kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

urban buck wrote:heard oaks drove down to the 5yd line .got penalized. ironton wins in last 10 seconds. wonder what oaks have to say about that?
oak hill had opportunity to win. you cant blame 1 call, whether it was right or wrong, for them losing. Ironton practically tried to give the game away with turnovers and penalties. It is on the Oaks for not seizing it.

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

urban buck wrote:heard oaks drove down to the 5yd line .got penalized. ironton wins in last 10 seconds. wonder what oaks have to say about that?
Not true. They were intercepted on the 5 as time ran out.

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

I know #22 is a beast! But you can not run the kid as many times as we are. Be more productive spreading the ball around. Went 5 weeks with totally different game plan. Need to dish the ball out more. #8 and #80 need to hook up more. You see that are QB was are leading rusher first few games. Why not let him run more? #22 would be more productive if he gets some breathers. Players respond to being more involved than just running routes and never getting touches! Something really need to change! Play calling has been terrible at this rate we will be lucky if kids come back out next year.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Oak hill had the ball on the Ironton 40 and threw up a prayer...it was intercepted on the 3. Ironton better get their act together before next week. If they don't control the clock and use the short passes instead of going for the bomb every time they will be beat. Use the fullback to set up the halfbacks and short passes will be a killer. Forget the bomb!! Give #22 some help with setting him up.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Gus wrote:
maniac66 wrote:Yes it does I agree Ironton is giving up big play after big play just like the Portsmouth game and 2 interceptions and a fumble is inexcusable for this team.
Something gotta change!
What's inexcusable is 6 Personal Foul / Unsportsmanlike Penalties

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

atleast we got the win but YES horrible play calling 3rd and 6 run's , fake punts , 6 personal fouls come on tigers get ready and win this next game the opponent is MUCH tougher than tonights

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Congrats to the Fighting Tigers on a gutty win, especially with all the sloppy play tonight. Good luck next week!

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

Tonight's win moved us to 8th in points according to Joe Eitel.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Gus wrote:I know #22 is a beast! But you can not run the kid as many times as we are. Be more productive spreading the ball around. Went 5 weeks with totally different game plan. Need to dish the ball out more. #8 and #80 need to hook up more. You see that are QB was are leading rusher first few games. Why not let him run more? #22 would be more productive if he gets some breathers. Players respond to being more involved than just running routes and never getting touches! Something really need to change! Play calling has been terrible at this rate we will be lucky if kids come back out next year.
Ironton played better with the hurry offense in the winning drive than they did all game.
That is the key for this team it is not a grind it out team Ironton does not have the big backs of the 70's 80's and 90's and the lineman of them days everything is quicker it seems.
Ironton is a quick play team and the winning drive showed it that is what will be key against Raceland can Ironton score quick and can the Defense play under control and make Raceland turn the ball over.
Ironton gave Oak Hill to many opportunities to stay in the game and it about cost them.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Oak Hill got down to the 5 before Ironton's winning drive and got the penalties after going for it on 4th and 30 at the 35 the tuned the ball over and Ironton drove 65 yards with 58 seconds left and scored and Oak Hill got the ball back with roughly 20 something seconds left and threw a interception to end the game.
That is how it ended.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

I am not from Ironton but I have always admired the discipline that they played with over the years. I also liked that they had an identity of a hard-nosed football team. Not sure what I saw last night, so I have a question for Ironton's faithful fans. Is this the same team you have seen all year long? I am only basing this on what I saw last night. I have only seen Ironton play once this year. That is why I am asking the question. Has Ironton been this undisciplined all year?... penalties, jawing with players from other team, arguing amongst themselves on the field, walking around in and out of huddles, late hits.

They look like they have a collection of nice players but the way they conducted themselves does not speak well of the new coach from an outsider's view. ( I do not know the guy, so I am not saying that he is a bad guy, but his team didn't look like any Ironton team that I have seen over the years). I know their schedule was brutal and that is why their record was not what it usually is, but in games and years to come this type of play won't serve them well!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

This is only Coach Vass's 2nd year and I believe he is still trying to find a team identity I know he wants his own and not live in Coach Lutz's shadow and the way he played so I will give him some slack there.
As for the discipline this is a young cocky Ironton team but they need to realize that they are only hurting them self's and the program and that is the Coaches fault for not teaching them that.
Raceland is next and if this team wants it's own identity now is the time to play up to their potential and within control and show who they are.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

maniac66 wrote:This is only Coach Vass's 2nd year and I believe he is still trying to find a team identity I know he wants his own and not live in Coach Lutz's shadow and the way he played so I will give him some slack there.
As for the discipline this is a young cocky Ironton team but they need to realize that they are only hurting them self's and the program and that is the Coaches fault for not teaching them that.
Raceland is next and if this team wants it's own identity now is the time to play up to their potential and within control and show who they are.
Thanks for the reply Maniac66! Agreed! To reach potential, they will have to display better discipline. Also, His play calling was all over the place. Never really stuck to anything consistently until last two late drives and you see the result when he finally did. Doesn't look like he is sure what kind of team he wants to be right now. Good luck against Raceland!

Return to “Football”