week 10 (3-6) Ironton at (7-2) Raceland KY

local superstar
All State

Re: week 10 (3-6) Ironton at (7-2) Raceland KY

Post by local superstar »

:roll: So many excuses already, so if Ironton does win, you guys are heros. ;-) and if you don't it is the assistant coaches faults. :!: just being funny :122249

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

LETS GO FIGHTING TIGERS, I'D LOVE TO SEE THIS BUT I'M HOME WITH PNEUMONNIA
LET'S GO FIGHTING TIGERS KEEP THIS PLAYOFF STREAK ALIVE, AND GOOD LUCK TONIGHT

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

4th n Goal wrote:
youthsportsfan wrote:Racelands best team in a long time maybe ever from some people. And irontons down year. Injurys players walking away , toughest schedule in southern Ohio and our tigers will still win by 2 Td's Providing we don't turn it over. Itown playoff bound after this win. Our line will feel like there playing a freshman team compared to what they have seen last 4-5 wks. Not taking anything from Raceland. It's just our schedule might b the toughest in Ohio.
According to http://www.fantastic50.net/Ohio_Region_17.php Ironton's strength of schedule is 154 out of 716. Far from the toughest in Ohio, but very strong for our area.
4th n goal. Thanks for u correcting me. That irontons schedule isn't the best in the state. I thought I said the toughest schedule in SOUTHERN Ohio. Wait. I did. Anyone would know a all the div 1 team schedule would b tougher. Was just saying our schedule is a tad bit tougher than northwest coal grove fairland Portsmouth. Now I no some might say 1 of those beat us n others could to this yr. again not my point. Just that the teams we played. Are ALOT bigger better for a small school from SOUTHERN Ohio.

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

4th n Goal wrote:
youthsportsfan wrote:Racelands best team in a long time maybe ever from some people. And irontons down year. Injurys players walking away , toughest schedule in southern Ohio and our tigers will still win by 2 Td's Providing we don't turn it over. Itown playoff bound after this win. Our line will feel like there playing a freshman team compared to what they have seen last 4-5 wks. Not taking anything from Raceland. It's just our schedule might b the toughest in Ohio.
According to http://www.fantastic50.net/Ohio_Region_17.php Ironton's strength of schedule is 154 out of 716. Far from the toughest in Ohio, but very strong for our area.
Hope ur squad goes deep or wins state. Very good team. Just wish u all would have beat valley. Not sure which div they r n football. But hope u guys get them again.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Irontons 1st, Personal Foul which moves the ball to the Raceland 10 yard line.
Irontons 2nd Personal Foul penalty, Personal Foul - Late hit

Come on Tigers, keep your heads in it.

10:05 1st QTR

Raceland - 3
Ironton --- 0

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironton 3rd Personal Foul - Face mask leads to 1st down after looking at a 3rd and 6

2nd QTR 8:31

Raceland...10
Ironton.....0

Ironton - 4th Personal Foul on the kick off. Raceland was off sides. Rekicking from the 50

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

1st Half

Yards Rushing - ? - 100
Yards passing - 7-9-87
Total yards 187
Penalties - 1-10

Yards Rushing - 72
Yards Passing - 3-1
Total yards - 73
Penalties - 7-87 - (4 Personal Fouls)

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

like those 6 personal fouls against IHS last week were right ON!!!!!!!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Wow! Shutout by the Rams! Sorry folks, but that seat just got a lot hotter in I-town!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

simply to sum up ironton season #8 is a tailback not a QB and anyone that don't believe me go check the stats and yes ironton we need some1 that knows how to run a offense the play calling SUCKED and no its NOT execution (numerous 3rd and long run plays being called)

before any1 says bad officiating and yes it was it DID NOT have affect on the final score!!!

work these 2 issues out and yes next season ironton will go 8-2 9-1 keep the same stuff going and its another 3-7 , season

definetly HAMMER TIME

KUDOS TO VASS (he is not the problem)

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

a head coach has the last say in all coaching of a team, if he don't, then he is not much of a coach. that being said he is a part of the problem, you can't lay all of these bad decisions on his coaching staff. i agree he needs to get better asst. coaches. I just don't think he had the team to get the job done this year, next year and the year after will be a different story, if they can't get the job done then, they might need to make some changes. these kids will be a different team next year you can count on this. jmo.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

bilco2 wrote:a head coach has the last say in all coaching of a team, if he don't, then he is not much of a coach. that being said he is a part of the problem, you can't lay all of these bad decisions on his coaching staff. i agree he needs to get better asst. coaches. I just don't think he had the team to get the job done this year, next year and the year after will be a different story, if they can't get the job done then, they might need to make some changes. these kids will be a different team next year you can count on this. jmo.
I agree with ya, the buck definitely stops with Vass.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

bilco2 wrote:a head coach has the last say in all coaching of a team, if he don't, then he is not much of a coach. that being said he is a part of the problem, you can't lay all of these bad decisions on his coaching staff. i agree he needs to get better asst. coaches. I just don't think he had the team to get the job done this year, next year and the year after will be a different story, if they can't get the job done then, they might need to make some changes. these kids will be a different team next year you can count on this. jmo.

my understanding is yes someone other than vass is running the offense , yes I agree with you all decisions going through head coach but if someone else is calling the offense then vass is going with what they say

prior to this game there average was 17 pts per game now I am sure its down to prob 15 = NO OFFENSE

we field the same team next year hopefully #7 will be the QB

ps the kicker(new kid) I hope he is young cause he was hitting 40yd field goals in warmups

Weis-guys
JV Team

Post by Weis-guys »

One thing to remember folks, is the head coach asked 'the powers that be' if he could pick his staff.. And that never happened. So, if any questions need to be directed at anyone,ask the people who don't want the football program have a chance to succeed..

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Weis-guys wrote:One thing to remember folks, is the head coach asked 'the powers that be' if he could pick his staff.. And that never happened. So, if any questions need to be directed at anyone,ask the people who don't want the football program have a chance to succeed..
I knew it TY for pointing that out

again KUDOS vass I knew you wasn't the issue!! go give these higher powers and earfull like u did that officiating tonight

fe2000lbsII
Waterboy

Post by fe2000lbsII »

Weis-guys wrote:One thing to remember folks, is the head coach asked 'the powers that be' if he could pick his staff.. And that never happened. So, if any questions need to be directed at anyone,ask the people who don't want the football program have a chance to succeed..
If that's the case then why would anyone have even taken the job. That would be something that you work through before accepting. I'm not sure I'm buying this one.

Weis-guys
JV Team

Post by Weis-guys »

You can not believe it if you want, but it was the same scenario in '06. I know of all of this first hand. But what you have is coaches who want to keep te program in tact, but there's people behind the scenes who don't want it that way.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

I find this very hard to believe.

I'm sure that Vass is able to select whoever he wants, but there needs to be final approval from those higher up, which is how it works at every level.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Weis-guys wrote:You can not believe it if you want, but it was the same scenario in '06. I know of all of this first hand. But what you have is coaches who want to keep te program in tact, but there's people behind the scenes who don't want it that way.
Can't speak for 2006. I can say, however, that the AD and board members have changed. So a lot of powers that be have changed.

For this hire, the current head coach interviewed with one person. That person was not a "power that be" in 2006, as far as any hiring goes.

So who are you really attacking here?
Last edited by fightingtigers45 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

ManitouDan wrote:Raceland too much this time around , Rams by 20 plus .

I almost got it . :lol:

Return to “Football”