Ironton v. Wheelersburg. Week 12

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Ironton v. Wheelersburg. Week 12

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I'm just gonna call the ASC bus to drop me off at the gate.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

ROY MUNSUN wrote:Heard parking on school and church lots will be 5 bucks, how ya like Jackson now? Roflmao
Hope they all check with their insurance companies. By charging for parking, they become responsible for theft and/or damages that occur on their property.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

We played them tough the first half, but they took over in the second half and pretty much controlled the game,” said Vass. “I think we’ve improved, but they have, too. We’ll have our hands full.” - See more at: http://www.irontontribune.com/2014/11/1 ... Qj3dS.dpuf

I believe he is accurate here. Thoughts?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

cg-ironton fan wrote:only 2 things that will beat ironton in this game.

1 giving the burg QB throwing time

2 ironton itself

remove these 2 from game 1 and you got a TIGER WIN

burg is gonna anticipate tigers be coming for QB this time around so look for quick shorter passes!
So have you actually seen either of theses teams play or are you going on what you have read?

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

4th n Goal wrote:
ROY MUNSUN wrote:Heard parking on school and church lots will be 5 bucks, how ya like Jackson now? Roflmao
Hope they all check with their insurance companies. By charging for parking, they become responsible for theft and/or damages that occur on their property.
Nawwww, I'm sure they are to stupid to know the rules :roll:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

fbnut wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:only 2 things that will beat ironton in this game.

1 giving the burg QB throwing time

2 ironton itself

remove these 2 from game 1 and you got a TIGER WIN

burg is gonna anticipate tigers be coming for QB this time around so look for quick shorter passes!
So have you actually seen either of theses teams play or are you going on what you have read?
He is basing his opinion on the first game of the season. They will see how wrong they are come Saturday evening.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

Hurry hurry!! Tiger fans get your play off gear now next week we will change over to basketball

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:We played them tough the first half, but they took over in the second half and pretty much controlled the game,” said Vass. “I think we’ve improved, but they have, too. We’ll have our hands full.” - See more at: http://www.irontontribune.com/2014/11/1 ... Qj3dS.dpuf

I believe he is accurate here. Thoughts?
I been saying that in all the post Burg took over and controlled every aspect of the game Ironton has improved greatly but so has Burg.
Will Ironton win I do not know will Burg I do not know that either.
But I do expect a tough game and a close one being win and move on lose and go home.
A lot is on this game for both teams and both are strong both are proud and both want to win.
If that is not motivation enough for both teams I do not know what is.
Ironton needs to forget about the first game and Burg probably is doing the same both teams will leave it on the field.
I want Ironton to win of course but if they lose then I wish all the best for Burg to move on and make the whole area proud win or lose.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Has either team been having a problem securing the ball? Cold temps could make handling the ball a little more difficult. Turnovers, turnovers and turnovers will be a factor in who wins.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

I don't know about Ironton but when West played Burg week 10, Burg fumbled 5 times and 4 were recovered by West. It didn't matter, Burg still whipped us. I think this game will be more even but haven't seen Ironton play. Just read things about big line and fast backs. No dog in the fight, good luck to both.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

That's a lot of turnovers for a week 10 game....Hopefully they have that rectified...Looking for a clean game by both teams...No turnovers and penalties...No excuses...lineup and get after it...best team wins...

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

after dumpster diving and sniffing out burgs plan here and we all know its not gonna be run vs run (disaster for the burg)

and after recovering the onside / squib kicks

only option left is the pass

if ironton can mix the blitz and fake blitz up enough and cover the receivers to keep the burg QB rattled

TIGERS WIN 24-21

tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Post by tigerpower89 »

According to some people on here Tigers should just not show up. Keep in mind you are 6-17 vs Ironton lifetime. Also didn't burg get embarrassed by Jackson on there own home field. Like I said goodluck to both teams but Burg is not Ohio State they are beatable.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:after dumpster diving and sniffing out burgs plan here and we all know its not gonna be run vs run (disaster for the burg)

if ironton can mix the blitz and fake blitz up enough and cover the receivers to keep the burg QB rattled

TIGERS WIN 24-21
The only disaster is your thinking.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:That's a lot of turnovers for a week 10 game....Hopefully they have that rectified...Looking for a clean game by both teams...No turnovers and penalties...No excuses...lineup and get after it...best team wins...
Yes it is. But last week was much better. No fumbles. Just a pick.

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

I don't think ironton can get through a game without penalities, seems like every good play they make your standing there looking for a flag, for something silly. You can't beat a team like burg by doing these things, they have to get it together or they're in for a long nite.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:after dumpster diving and sniffing out burgs plan here and we all know its not gonna be run vs run (disaster for the burg)

TIGERS WIN 24-21
The only disaster is your thinking.
hey dont forget im the one who said ironton would be winning game 1 7-0 6 minutes into the game , math just little off i think it only took 2-3 minutes LOL

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Tigers have long since figured a way around running clock. Not sure how they will be challenged with heat cramps with the temps to be around 30 degrees. Does lactic acid freeze? Perhaps freeze cramps could be In the works.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

You also said it wouldn't be decided in the 4th quarter and that it would be less than 14 points. Wasn't your prediction 26-22 Ironton in a NAILBITER! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

RxBurgFan wrote:Tigers have long since figured a way around running clock. Not sure how they will be challenged with heat cramps with the temps to be around 30 degrees. Does lactic acid freeze? Perhaps freeze cramps could be In the works.
They will come up with something. Hahaha.

Return to “Football”