Coaching

BIGTIMECOUNTRY
Waterboy

Coaching

Post by BIGTIMECOUNTRY »

With the season coming to an end for most of the area school around southeastern Ohio, what all coaching positions do you think will appear come December :122246 or even as soon as tomorrow. Thoughts??? :122246

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Coaching

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Hopefully Irontons offensive coordinator, line coach, conditioning coach, as well as a few other spots come open. Our line has been a huge weakness the past few years and the playcalling in the Burg game was worst I have seen in years.

For the Kids
Freshman Team

Post by For the Kids »

Zane Trace is open.
Coach is retiring after a 45-47 record in nine years.
ZT is usually in the top half of SVC in Football, but like others, can't compete against good teams outside the league.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

tigercannon71 wrote:Hopefully Irontons offensive coordinator, line coach, conditioning coach, as well as a few other spots come open. Our line has been a huge weakness the past few years and the playcalling in the Burg game was worst I have seen in years.
This is so ridiculous. Schools seldom call for the heads of everyone BUT the head coach. So he is faultless in these selections. COME ON! Crazy.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

He can only do so much with what the BOE lets him have.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Sounds like there will be a great deal of job openings in the area.

South Point - Open
Fairland - Open
Portsmouth ?
Rock Hill ?

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Tiger cannon you are nuts.

BIGTIMECOUNTRY
Waterboy

Post by BIGTIMECOUNTRY »

Hearing things around work that adena coach paul thomas is wanting out of frankfurt...can anyone else able to confirm this?if so who do they bring in?

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Cant the Head Coach at Ironton call plays?! :122248 ;-)

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

I don't think it will be rock hill those people don't want to improve their football program. They have stood by and let the team become the laughing stock of the ovc.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I agree I don't know when RH will make a change. If there are no changes the message was sent to the kids.

bulldawg22
Freshman Team

Post by bulldawg22 »

Coaach Thomas is going nowhere. Born and bread to be a warrior!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I have never seen this many Coaching positions open.

Portsmouth
South Point
Fairland
Roch Hill - ?
Coal Grove - I heard he may be stepping down?

BIGTIMECOUNTRY
Waterboy

Post by BIGTIMECOUNTRY »

any word on the logan elm situation??? with s.bart leaving who will be the replacement??? have heard a few names being tossed around but the common name being tossed around work is scott keller..... if any truth to that good luck. i know i wouldnt want any part of that but whats yalls thoughts on keller getting a second chance at coaching..

bulldawg22
Freshman Team

Post by bulldawg22 »

wade bart will be new coach. quite evident from watching him on the sidelines of the le vs jackson playoff game . He wa in and very animated during le sidleline timeout meetngs.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

That would be four schools in five years.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

game day wrote:I have never seen this many Coaching positions open.

Portsmouth
South Point
Fairland
Roch Hill - ?
Coal Grove - I heard he may be stepping down?
I guess almost the entire OVC will have new coaches next year. The problem is they are hiring coaches not coaches that have experience building programs. There is a big deference in the two and the schools BOE doesn’t know the difference. Most of them are just wanting to get their own agenda completed not what is best for the kids and the school. If I was on the BOE or an AD I would be calling every coach in the area that could build my school a program and seeing if they were interested. The schools get caught up in the money issue of paying good coaches. But when no one comes and watches your games on Friday night your whole athletic program suffers. Football generates a great deal of money in this area for athletics and what a great way to spend a Friday night. Watching football players, cheerleaders and the bands perform really generates a lot of proud for all the area schools.
In closing, I guess my message is stop working your agenda and do the right thing for the kids and the school. Good luck on Friday nights to all! :)

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

It supprises me that some of these schools haven't tried too hire some of the assistant coaches from the programs like valley, burg, ironton, and a few others. those guys coach under top head coaches, they know the programs, and could build a team that would put their school back in the mix of things. There has to be some of these guys that would love too get a head coaching job and are ready to handle the job, if the ad's of these schools would call around, they just might find them a good head coach right under their noses. jmo

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Coaches are educators first, and these places that constantly roll through coaches, why would anyone leave established teaching jobs, give up pay (most districts pay max of 10 years), to subject themselves to this stuff?

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

Yeah, some people think this is College or the NFL.

Return to “Football”