Jackson officially applies to the TVC

chsballn
Freshman Team

Re: Jackson officially applies to the TVC

Post by chsballn »

notsurprised wrote:
Blackjack wrote:TVC Man up !!!! Quit being skeered of Jackson. Vote them into the league. Get better by playing better competition.
Blackjack if this is your philosophy why would Jackson want to join a small team TVC? Wouldnt jackson be better served in football by being independent and playing larger schools?
My question is why should the TVC rescue Jackson? To give them an automatic advantage? No Thank You! Dont believe the TVC should have to "Play UP" against Jackson in Football.
However i could argue that Jackson has something to learn from Nelsonville, Trimble, and Athens, all of which have more football playoff wins as well as a State Champion and two State runner ups representing the TVC than the ironmen who played in the larger more competitive conference SEOAl. I am happy with the TVC the way it is and I believe the majority of the decision makers feel the same way. So it sounds like Jackson will be the ones who will have to "man up" and be independent or join a big school conference where they can find "tough" football competition. Good Luck Jackson
If I understood it right Jackson applied the TVC for all sports except football.. Which the question is will they do that ? If I understand it right the BOE would have to approve it. The SCOL would be a better fit for Jackson for football Friday Night, but not for the other Jackson sports do to distance for games during the week. The TVC or other local leagues only makes since. Trimble was never in the SEOAL but Nelsonville & Athens was. Why would they want to have to play Jackson year in and year out ? Isn't that why they left the SEOAL. If Jackson, Logan or Warren would go Independent, that would take any league awards away from their students. Here is hoping all three teams left holding the SEOAL bag finds a Conference/League. It looks a big chore ahead...

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Jackson has applied for the TVC in ALL sports, including football.

At the same time, as the article alludes to, there have been DISCUSSIONS between Jackson and Mr. West from South Gallia (on behalf of the TVC) about Jackson joining the TVC without football.

Hope this clarifies.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!" - Ghostbusters :mrgreen: :!:

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I don't know why expanding to 3 divisions is so scary... this needs to happen

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

It is who SEO is. SEO runs from competition. It is what SEO is known for. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

^^^Ok, help me out. Explain how going to three divisions makes us run towards competition? To me, certain TVC schools want to get away from others and that is why THEY want three divisions. For example, I know from talking to people out of Racine on the golf course that they would love to be in a division where they never have to play Trimble or Wahama ever again. Every third division proposal I have seen does that. Do you think for one second that they would voluntarily play those schools in a so called crossover game if they didnt have to......? HECK NO THEY WONT!

Nelsonville can say whatever they want but they want away from Athens. They might still play them but they dont want a league title on the line in that game. And I could go on and on with this. Travel expenses would go up if we go look for the mythical "better competition". Revenues would go down because by playing teams further away their fans are less likely to make the trip to our places.

Personally, I say take in both Jackson and Warren. Go with two divisions of 9. Thats the best chance of getting this done. If you want to go to three divisions do it in the other sports but leave football alone. Do this and every year a minimum of three teams make playoffs in each division. Go to three divisions and our representation in state playoffs goes in the crapper.

I will outline what this should like in another thread so that people can shred my ideas. Will give me a laugh and will be good conversation, too.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin wrote:It is who SEO is. SEO runs from competition. It is what SEO is known for. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep, Logan is a prime example of that. Hiding from Mr Burrow

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
Paladin wrote:It is who SEO is. SEO runs from competition. It is what SEO is known for. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep, Logan is a prime example of that. Hiding from Mr Burrow
Huh ??? How did Logan run from joey burrow ???

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

He is just saying something he doesn't know anything about.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Athens will be hiding from Logan as soon as the 2 year series is done

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Giving paladin a hard time since he hates Athens

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

My point is the SEOAL is in shambles... some of the teams in the deep south of Ohio are joining leagues and travel is not as bad as it sounds. If you have 3 divisions of 6 you still have 5 games to fill and teams can pick who they want to play out of the other divisions.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Paladin hates no one here. Facts are just the facts. Athens ran , just like most of SEO runs from competition. Fact.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Paladin wrote:Paladin hates no one here. Facts are just the facts. Athens ran , just like most of SEO runs from competition. Fact.
I have read on here many times you making this statement, and you usually add to that running from competition makes you worse, and to get better you have to play better competition. So Athens ran, and built the program to a level never before imagined by anyone. They got better after as you say, "running from competition." So tell us who else in SEO has ran from competition?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

FOOL................. Athens got better with move in coaches sons at O.U. FACT

Without them, Athens was nothing

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Paladin wrote:FOOL................. Athens got better with move in coaches sons at O.U. FACT

DUMBA$$............... So YOU are saying there were no OU coach's sons playing on Athens teams before they "ran" as you say? You're the fool. You make claims on here, then when proven wrong you make excuses for why you were wrong. You seem to be the runner, running from facts. Good luck with your SEO issues. :lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I figured Ole Palicrap would be out scouting for Urban Meyer......

With his ability to pick D1 prospects, Ohio state needs him.....

He was so good at coaching that they asked him to step down because he was just too good for Southeastern Ohio.

Glad you are still making a little time for us Palicrap.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

hardhitter ll wrote:
Paladin wrote:FOOL................. Athens got better with move in coaches sons at O.U. FACT

DUMBA$$............... So YOU are saying there were no OU coach's sons playing on Athens teams before they "ran" as you say? You're the fool. You make claims on here, then when proven wrong you make excuses for why you were wrong. You seem to be the runner, running from facts. Good luck with your SEO issues. :lol:
Sounds like he is saying with the resent move in coach they brought some talent with them. The old coaches may not have.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

noreply66 wrote:
hardhitter ll wrote:

Sounds like he is saying with the resent move in coach they brought some talent with them. The old coaches may not have.
Looks to me like he is making excuses for looking like a foolish tool. I seem to remember a few players who's dads coached at OU who were damned good football players at Athens. I am sure BD93 can help us out with some names. Does the name Bubba ring a bell? Also, Poundhispudd never has explained why his beloved Logan refuses to chase competition by going to the OCC. They seem to want to run away from that league to play smaller schools, and according to him, lesser teams. So I guess he believes they are dodging good competition?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

From the reactions. it appears the inferiority complex is in full bloom. Never fails ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Paladin wrote:Paladin hates no one here. Facts are just the facts. Athens ran , just like most of SEO runs from competition. Fact.
Yep, ran all the way to week 15 this year. You ever coach in week 15?

Return to “Football”