Jackson officially applies to the TVC

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Re: Jackson officially applies to the TVC

Post by OVCFan2 »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Dundas wrote:I was spitballing this with a poster from Jackson. Athens voted yes to expansion earlier this year. Thus putting their approval on a TVC division which grouped them with Logan, Gallia, Jackson and Warren. So with that being a fact, my question is.. what's stopping Athens from going back to the SEOAL? It would save the league and I'd say there's a 95% chance that if they did go back, Marietta would follow.

Logan
Jackson
Warren
Athens
Marietta

That would be a league where travel isn't an issue, 5 total teams is sustainable. Plus you could continue to look for another team (close by) to add. (Pburg, Point, VC etc)

Just another idea in a long list of them. Lol
Maybe add a Chillicothe?
I would love this, but I feel Chillicothe loves where they are, and I dont see Athens leaving the TVC. The reason is because every year they will be winning titles.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

Cant get them in quick enough.. let these teams in!!!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Green Beagle wrote:Cant get them in quick enough.. let these teams in!!!
Saw on another thread where one of your buddies pointed out that you are from Nelsonville. So do you want all those teams in so your Buckeyes can dodge Athens? :lol:

Boston Creampuff
Riding the Bench

Post by Boston Creampuff »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:
Saw on another thread where one of your buddies pointed out that you are from Nelsonville. So do you want all those teams in so your Buckeyes can dodge Athens? :lol:
Why would we want to play Athens? We can't beat even beat Trimble right now.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Boston Creampuff wrote:
M0TIVAT0R wrote:
Why would we want to play Athens? We can't beat even beat Trimble right now.
The nutboy's will continue to have trouble with the tomkittens and bullpuppies!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

doubleplay643 wrote:
bman wrote:Why should the SCOL accept Jackson for football only? Either Jackson wants to be in the league or it doesn't. You have to be completely involved in a league or not at all.
bman, I think the idea was to try and eliminate Jackson's football from the equation to gain acceptance. That way the majority of sports could have some continuity a league brings.

That would leave going independent in football or trying to find a league to take you for football only. The only close league that may do that is SCOL since there was some rumblings a while back about East Clinton leaving. Travel would not be an option for all of Jackson's sports in the SCOL given the distances, but it may me doable on a Friday night.

If we are independent in football we definitely will be traveling on 5-6 Friday nights, that is for sure.
When East Clinton leaves the SCOL, the SCOL will look for a full-fledged member because it will need one to go to eight. To bring Jackson in as a football-only member would give the league nine teams and create problems. That's not going to happen. Either Jackson would join as a full-member or not at all. Jackson would be a great addition for the SCOL. You can play some of the biggest travel matchups on a weekend (Wilmington, Massie) in all non-football sports.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

doubleplay643 wrote:
bman wrote:Why should the SCOL accept Jackson for football only? Either Jackson wants to be in the league or it doesn't. You have to be completely involved in a league or not at all.
bman, I think the idea was to try and eliminate Jackson's football from the equation to gain acceptance. That way the majority of sports could have some continuity a league brings.

That would leave going independent in football or trying to find a league to take you for football only. The only close league that may do that is SCOL since there was some rumblings a while back about East Clinton leaving. Travel would not be an option for all of Jackson's sports in the SCOL given the distances, but it may me doable on a Friday night.

If we are independent in football we definitely will be traveling on 5-6 Friday nights, that is for sure.
When East Clinton leaves the SCOL, the SCOL will look for a full-fledged member because it will need one to go to eight. To bring Jackson in as a football-only member would give the league nine teams and create problems. That's not going to happen. Either Jackson would join as a full-member or not at all. Jackson would be a great addition for the SCOL. You can play some of the biggest travel matchups on a weekend (Wilmington, Massie) in all non-football sports.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I've talked to 3 AD's and this will not pass.

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

Dundas wrote:I was spitballing this with a poster from Jackson. Athens voted yes to expansion earlier this year. Thus putting their approval on a TVC division which grouped them with Logan, Gallia, Jackson and Warren. So with that being a fact, my question is.. what's stopping Athens from going back to the SEOAL? It would save the league and I'd say there's a 95% chance that if they did go back, Marietta would follow.

Logan
Jackson
Warren
Athens
Marietta

That would be a league where travel isn't an issue, 5 total teams is sustainable. Plus you could continue to look for another team (close by) to add. (Pburg, Point, VC etc)

Just another idea in a long list of them. Lol
Good point, and of course Athens coming back to the league after the departure of Portsmouth would have made the most sense as well as saved the SEOAL. They aren't going anywhere though. Athens has already piled up an unprecedented amount of TVC titles, and that trend will continue for the foreseeable future.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Per reliable source heard Athens, Wellston, and Meigs are in favor of Jackson joining. VC, Nelsonville-York are not in favor and River Valley and Alexander have not said one way or another. Also, there is a proposal on the table for Jackson to join for all sports except football.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

HSFBFAN wrote:Per reliable source heard Athens, Wellston, and Meigs are in favor of Jackson joining. VC, Nelsonville-York are not in favor and River Valley and Alexander have not said one way or another. Also, there is a proposal on the table for Jackson to join for all sports except football.
If they stay with only the Ohio division voting the 2 "no" votes will kill it.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

all 16 schools will have a vote

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

HSFBFAN wrote:Per reliable source heard Athens, Wellston, and Meigs are in favor of Jackson joining. VC, Nelsonville-York are not in favor and River Valley and Alexander have not said one way or another. Also, there is a proposal on the table for Jackson to join for all sports except football.
NY is all in. Let Jackson in. It's the hocking div votes that will kill it.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

I'm sure that Jackson will put together a case for joining and make a hard sale. Good luck to them in their quest for a new league.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Why would NY vote no on Jackson now when NY was one of only three Yes votes a few years ago? That makes no sense whatsoever. Also, you fail to mention the Hocking schools. The Hocking schools have as much say in Jackson joining as the Ohio schools have. Actually, the Hocking has more say ---- there are 9 Hocking schools and only 7 Ohio schools.

Boston Creampuff
Riding the Bench

Post by Boston Creampuff »

athens78 wrote:I've talked to 3 AD's and this will not pass.
Three no votes arent enough. hearing rumors this may fly. We in Nelsonville will dance in the streets once we trade Athens for Federal Hocking on the schedule. The proposal I saw will make it happen.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Boston Creampuff wrote:
athens78 wrote:I've talked to 3 AD's and this will not pass.
Three no votes arent enough. hearing rumors this may fly. We in Nelsonville will dance in the streets once we trade Athens for Federal Hocking on the schedule. The proposal I saw will make it happen.
Yea, now that I think of it, it isn't fair that our athletes have to lose the league to Athens. Makes more sense that we play teams like FH in our league, and play Athens non league. Good point BCP.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

NY has dominating numbers against the schools closest in size to NY.
Last edited by NYBuckeye96 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

NY vs. Federal Hocking - FH scored more than one touchdown in the first two games only.

NY leads all-time series 22 wins, 1 loss
1970 Federal Hocking (H) 28-0
1971 Nelsonville-York (A) 39-14
1972 Nelsonville-York (H) 52-0
1973 Nelsonville-York (A) 52-0
1974 Nelsonville-York (H) 33-8
1975 Nelsonville-York (A) 27-6
1976 Nelsonville-York (H) 20-6
1977 Nelsonville-York (A) 6-0
1978 Nelsonville-York (H) 23-8
1979 Nelsonville-York (A) 47-0
1980 Nelsonville-York (H) 68-7
1981 Nelsonville-York (A) 38-0
1982 Nelsonville-York (H) 63-0
1983 Nelsonville-York (A) 19-0
1984 Nelsonville-York (H) 30-0
1985 Nelsonville-York (A) 30-6
1986 Nelsonville-York (H) 27-0
1987 Nelsonville-York (A) 34-8
1988 Nelsonville-York (H) 26-0
1989 Nelsonville-York (A) 28-7
1990 Nelsonville-York (H) 52-0
1991 Nelsonville-York (A) 42-6
1992 Nelsonville-York (H) 41-0

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:NY has dominating numbers against the schools closest in size to NY.
The rest of the TVC better pay attention! WHY because N-Y will dominate this division!

Return to “Football”