Will the MAC conference win three state championships?

sports junkie
JV Team

Re: Will the MAC conference win three state championships?

Post by sports junkie »

Hey Palidumb,

Tell us how well NE Ohio did in the playoffs? :lol:

Lakewood St. Eds win, and that's all folks!

The rest of NE teams got waxed :oops: :oops:

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Goodness. I agree with Paladin again!!! Twice in a week!!! I've said it before, life in the MAC is just different. I have many relatives there, attend St. Henry, Versailles, Minster, Ft. Recovery. The community support is greater than in SE Ohio. They aren't afraid to bring in outsiders as coaches if it means getting better. They embrace competition and hard work (try getting up everyday at 4am or so to take care of the livestock.) Before Versailles joined the conference, they and St. Henry would scrimmage before each season. They used each other as a measuring stick. Now, the whole league is a measuring stick.

LIVEBLUE
Waterboy

Post by LIVEBLUE »

Some interesting theories here on multiple factors that may contribute to the MAC schools success.
http://rocketcorner.com/forums/index.ph ... 23862&st=0.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

mikepike wrote:Goodness. I agree with Paladin again!!! Twice in a week!!! I've said it before, life in the MAC is just different. I have many relatives there, attend St. Henry, Versailles, Minster, Ft. Recovery. The community support is greater than in SE Ohio. They aren't afraid to bring in outsiders as coaches if it means getting better. They embrace competition and hard work (try getting up everyday at 4am or so to take care of the livestock.) Before Versailles joined the conference, they and St. Henry would scrimmage before each season. They used each other as a measuring stick. Now, the whole league is a measuring stick.
We need more ethics like stated above if we in southeastern Ohio want to compete with the rest of the State every year!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Paladin wrote:I played college ball with a guy from Coldwater. I also coached against a friend in Eastern Ohio who became Minster's HC. Talked with these guys over the years and a pattern emerges -- the kids are white -- German -- Catholic -- most boys in school play FB -- coaching is superior -- and little problems with drugs. However alcohol and smoking are still popular. lol. There is no "recruiting" there. Most towns are farm communities of 1000- 2000, and jobs are farming, light manufacturing, retail and public employment . Those kids are born and raised there, few move-ins and transfers are rare. Yet they embrace competition and are the polar opposite of SEO. They beat up on private schools and have for years. Meanwhile some moron down on the Ohio River cries about getting too many tough teams on the schedule as you might not make the playoffs . That mindset is why some worthless teams get in on weak schedules and get blown out in the first couple of games by huge scores. That's also why several 5-5 and 6-4 teams get in and kick the crap out of some 9-1 or 8-2 teams. The MAC does it right and gets rewarded. SEO ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So it's the white German Catholic kids that are the difference? WOW if we would have only known! :roll: You are twisted. How many D1 football players have come from the MAC over the past 20 years? Compare that to how many have come from the TVC over the same time period. Not even close is it? Are you telling me if we have more white German Catholic farmers we will have better players? Sounds like something Rush Limbaugh would say. :shock: Will that really bring us better players? Should we convert all our athletes to catholicism, and force them to start farming?

Wake up asswipe. Drugs ARE a problem in this area. Employment is sparse. So are D1 athletes. Those are not excuses, just facts. Our teams could go play the best teams in the state and that won't make them chock full of D1 athletes. By your logic Ohio teams should go play all Florida and Texas teams and that would make the players in Ohio as good as the ones in Florida and Texas.

The simple fact is the MAC has better players overall than schools of their size everywhere else in the state. Not even NE Ohio can compete with them, yet you always claim that NE Ohio has the best football in the state. You can't make SE Ohio football players D1 talent by simply scheduling teams from all over the state.

Regardless, you are one of the few on here claiming anyone is scared of scheduling good competition. The rest are your pals from schools that want to get in the TVC. That is your lameass way of trying to shame the TVC into accepting Logan and the other teams trying to get in. Maybe if Miller gets in a league with Logan, Jackson and Warren, throw in Newark Catholic, Coldwater and Minster and in a few short years Miller will have some kids like those white German Catholic's that get scholarships to OSU who you spoke about? Good idea. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it? :lol:

I will give you that the coaching is superior in the MAC. So are the athletes, and the employment opportunities, and there are more two parent families. Having Southern go play Marion Local won't fix those latter things. Nor will forcing Alexander to play Logan, Warren, and Jackson every year.

So, Improve the coaching, help our players reach their potential, and work to improve our communities is all we can do. However, that will not transform our players into D1 prospects. That said, Athens has proven that when one of our teams is blessed with similar talent they can compete with anyone in the state. Even teams from NE Ohio.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

Athens had a great run with these athletes, but all they proved is that the best team SEO can produce still can't win a title the way the system is now. We will not see another team from SEO like that for another 100 years.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Thatta boy, motivator, be a crybaby. You are pure SEO. Loser! Let me make something clear -- other than wishing Logan well ( and continued success), I could care less about of bunch of inbred misfits scared of their own shadow must less other teams from outside of SEO. You can find small school programs, which most of SEO is, all around the state in farm burgs and no burgs who would ( and do) beat your azz. They don't run from competition. You are what you are. Glad you are happy with that.

As for NEO, they were in 6 of the 7 championship game and won 2. The MAC won 3. SEO ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

crebman1
Waterboy

Post by crebman1 »

PIGSKIN wrote:Athens had a great run with these athletes, but all they proved is that the best team SEO can produce still can't win a title the way the system is now. We will not see another team from SEO like that for another 100 years.
Maybe not, but you just had a team from another school play in the state finals the year before, and another play in the semi-finals this year. That would lead me to believe that more that just Athens can compete at the state level from SEO. Three schools in the final 4 in 2 years - how is that not competing at the state level?

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:
Paladin wrote:I played college ball with a guy from Coldwater. I also coached against a friend in Eastern Ohio who became Minster's HC. Talked with these guys over the years and a pattern emerges -- the kids are white -- German -- Catholic -- most boys in school play FB -- coaching is superior -- and little problems with drugs. However alcohol and smoking are still popular. lol. There is no "recruiting" there. Most towns are farm communities of 1000- 2000, and jobs are farming, light manufacturing, retail and public employment . Those kids are born and raised there, few move-ins and transfers are rare. Yet they embrace competition and are the polar opposite of SEO. They beat up on private schools and have for years. Meanwhile some moron down on the Ohio River cries about getting too many tough teams on the schedule as you might not make the playoffs . That mindset is why some worthless teams get in on weak schedules and get blown out in the first couple of games by huge scores. That's also why several 5-5 and 6-4 teams get in and kick the crap out of some 9-1 or 8-2 teams. The MAC does it right and gets rewarded. SEO ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So it's the white German Catholic kids that are the difference? WOW if we would have only known! :roll: You are twisted. How many D1 football players have come from the MAC over the past 20 years? Compare that to how many have come from the TVC over the same time period. Not even close is it? Are you telling me if we have more white German Catholic farmers we will have better players? Sounds like something Rush Limbaugh would say. :shock: Will that really bring us better players? Should we convert all our athletes to catholicism, and force them to start farming?

Wake up asswipe. Drugs ARE a problem in this area. Employment is sparse. So are D1 athletes. Those are not excuses, just facts. Our teams could go play the best teams in the state and that won't make them chock full of D1 athletes. By your logic Ohio teams should go play all Florida and Texas teams and that would make the players in Ohio as good as the ones in Florida and Texas.

The simple fact is the MAC has better players overall than schools of their size everywhere else in the state. Not even NE Ohio can compete with them, yet you always claim that NE Ohio has the best football in the state. You can't make SE Ohio football players D1 talent by simply scheduling teams from all over the state.

Regardless, you are one of the few on here claiming anyone is scared of scheduling good competition. The rest are your pals from schools that want to get in the TVC. That is your lameass way of trying to shame the TVC into accepting Logan and the other teams trying to get in. Maybe if Miller gets in a league with Logan, Jackson and Warren, throw in Newark Catholic, Coldwater and Minster and in a few short years Miller will have some kids like those white German Catholic's that get scholarships to OSU who you spoke about? Good idea. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it? :lol:

I will give you that the coaching is superior in the MAC. So are the athletes, and the employment opportunities, and there are more two parent families. Having Southern go play Marion Local won't fix those latter things. Nor will forcing Alexander to play Logan, Warren, and Jackson every year.

So, Improve the coaching, help our players reach their potential, and work to improve our communities is all we can do. However, that will not transform our players into D1 prospects. That said, Athens has proven that when one of our teams is blessed with similar talent they can compete with anyone in the state. Even teams from NE Ohio.

Sorry about this, but after reading your posts the pass several days, you are full of excuses. You sound basic. You consistently develop excuses, instead of providing facts. Division one players? come on TEAMS WIN games.I have in-laws that live in Coldwater, and their son is no bigger than any other SEO player that I see all the time, however he started for a state championship team and had a great night. The difference between the MAC and SEO is that they DO NOT MAKE EXCUSES! They are hard working farmer folk, that simply do not believe in excuse making. Here is another thing, Logan people are not asking to join the TVC. Most of us just want Logan to keep our rivals, and be in a SEO league; however, with our so called size we are going to have to look north. Stop talking about playoff appearances and lets starting talking about titles. How many regional and state titles does the MAC win every year compared to the TVC? SOME tvc posters are on a high horse because ATHENS was good. Let me repeat myself! Athens was good, not the TVC. Sorry I know people will say I am ridiculous, but didn't Nelsonville lose in the first round? Didn't Nelsontucky get pasted by the Chieftains this year? You guys have Trimble and Athens thats it. So please stop acting like you guys are the best thing since sliced bread. The only community that needs to pound their chest is Trimble and Athens. THATS IT.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

So, how many D1 players did those small farmers play with? I can tell how many D1 players Trimble had on their team when they played ML last year. Trimble, FH, Eastern, Southern ... all those teams have some "white" players and some of them are "farmers" and some are "catholic." Just like you and Paladin say the MAC schools have. What none of them are is a D1 prospect. That's not an excuse, it's reality.

If you don't want in the TVC fine with me. I don't want you in either. So at least we agree on that.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Its obvious that they did.
The biggest difference is MONEY AND JOBS..
its not about size it about techniques
If money is there for year round training you will be better
In se ohio it done by volunteers..and some volunteers don't know what they're doing
Unlike northern and western Ohio schools that bring in paid personal to make you better
Please don't tell me its not that way its public record..until se Ohio has the funding to catch up it
Will be this way.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Hey Paladin,
Was Ken Newland the coach from Eastern Ohio who became Minster's HC? If so I remember him well and the powerhouse teams he had at Beallsville in the late 70's. Man, those Blue Devils had size, speed, and talent to go with his vaunted wishbone offense. Glad he was able to win at title with Minster.

Return to “Football”