Marion Local vs Athens

earp
S

Re: Marion Local vs Athens

Post by earp »

Here is the Coldwater vs Marion Local game from this year.You be the judge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLnbX9gOMUs

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Just think how good ML and Coldwater would be if they would simply nut up and play some NE Ohio teams! They need to contact Paladin and get him to schedule some games for them. If they do that then they can start beating some mid major college teams. Just ask Paladin. :lol:

captin midnight
Waterboy

Post by captin midnight »

I've got family and friends from Marion Local and football is this community. They play some of the best teams around including West Jeff. I would have loved to see them play Athens but we can't play the what-ifs now. The program is also successful because the community supports it year in and year out. They don't get any transfers from other schools they just know how to develop the kids in the community. If anyone would visit the area you would see it's all farms and actually a very small community.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ground Buck wrote:Just think how good ML and Coldwater would be if they would simply nut up and play some NE Ohio teams! They need to contact Paladin and get him to schedule some games for them. If they do that then they can start beating some mid major college teams. Just ask Paladin. :lol:
Ik, they should have played the greatest Cardinal Mooney team ever. Oh wait Coldwater beat them 28-27, Mooney beat the D1 State runner up mentor 21-10 that year

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2013] Marion Local (Maria Stein, OH) 42, [2013] Athens (The Plains, OH) 27

LIVEBLUE
Waterboy

Post by LIVEBLUE »

[quote="The General"]Athens would have beaten Marion Local like a Red-headed stepchild :lol:[/quote]

Possibly, but I believe Marion Local would have absolutely schooled Athens on how to play defense, and tackle.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

I don't believe CalPreps' algorithms for matchups outside of California incorporate school size. I think if MSML and Athens played 100 times, it would be a 51/49 split either way.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

The MAC has 6 ( six, count them) teams who have won at least 2 state titles in football, each. Those people play each other every year in the League. There are years that MAC teams open with a D-I or D-II school and beat them. No transfers, small enrollments and they seek out the best competition who will play them. Their competitive level is the best in the state, bar none.

Athens ( a true collection of red headed stepchildren) had sons of O.U. FB coaches who moved into the district and still wouldn't beat most small schools in the MAC . And remaining in the TVC will lower the competitive level for the bullpuppies. Back to oblivion...............

OneHitWonder
Riding the Bench

Post by OneHitWonder »

Paladin wrote:
Athens ( a true collection of red headed stepchildren)
What an A$$. To think that you EVER in your LIFE were responsible for coaching children is appalling. This has nothing to do with who they play, what conference they are in, what size school they are or even what area of the state they are from. This is just a backhanded swipe at a bunch of kids that you know absolutely nothing about.if you had a conscious you surly would not post such trash. And yes I am a parent of one of those (red headed stepchildren) who worked their butts off for many years to have the success they had this season. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Wow ! Touchy. Who called others "red headed stepchildren" ? What area fans are tearing down a State Champ ? The "trash" is in SEO, "sir". And for a team who ran from the SEOAL because they couldn't win to a wimp league like the TVC to go calling a league like the MAC , FULL OF NUMEROUS State Champs as someone they beat on is the height of stupidity .

LIke it or not, those who do it right in the "cornfields" are rewarded with State titles. Those who do it with move in kids of O.U. football coaches still don't measure up. And now, its back to reality, ducking competition and playing the weakest teams in the area. That oughtta work out well. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I will have to agree that compared to the MAC the TVC will pale in comparison, but.... I can live with our recent success in football.

Wahama is a state runner up
Wahama wins a state championship
Trimble plays in a title game
Trimble makes the final four
Athens plays in consecutive regional finals
Athens comes up 15 seconds short of a state championship
Nelsonville-York has a state championship from 1980

Are there more successful leagues? Yes. Are there many of them? No

I'm pretty proud of what the TVC has accomplished and there will always be naysayers and critics----its up to each of us to decide how much weight to give to their opinions.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Paladin wrote:The MAC has 6 ( six, count them) teams who have won at least 2 state titles in football, each. Those people play each other every year in the League. There are years that MAC teams open with a D-I or D-II school and beat them. No transfers, small enrollments and they seek out the best competition who will play them. Their competitive level is the best in the state, bar none.

Athens ( a true collection of red headed stepchildren) had sons of O.U. FB coaches who moved into the district and still wouldn't beat most small schools in the MAC . And remaining in the TVC will lower the competitive level for the bullpuppies. Back to oblivion...............
Are you petitioning the MAC to let Logan in, or are you getting them in a league in NE Ohio? Surely one of the two, since those are the only two areas worthy of your beloved Chiefs.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Paladin wrote:The MAC has 6 ( six, count them) teams who have won at least 2 state titles in football, each. Those people play each other every year in the League. There are years that MAC teams open with a D-I or D-II school and beat them. No transfers, small enrollments and they seek out the best competition who will play them. Their competitive level is the best in the state, bar none.

So everytime a school has good athlete and their parents move to an area because of work and their kids have success at the local school it doesnt count because they moved there because of their parents job. Northern Ohio a$$'s like you are the reason so many Americans hate Ohioans. I dont understand why you are allowed to post here when all you do is put down southeastern Oh. Do us all a favor and leave this site.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

And stamp out the truth ? :roll: Some folks don't deal well with reality. You can't hide. The whole state recognizes what you are. But you have no problem starting a thread to question a legitimate State Champ and make fun of them while basking in the "glory" of avoiding competition and bragging about making the playoffs against terrible competition. So your putting down State Champs who did it the right way is O.K. but it can't be mentioned about the reality of SEO ?

Talk about inferiority complex. :lol:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Buckman started the thread. Hardly an Athens fan. In fact, there are only 2 or 3 people on SEOPS actually from Athens or true Athens fans. All these threads are just a group of Athens haters, arguing with neutral fans (who get tired of the Athens bashing.)

Kind of cracks me actually. These neutral fans probably didn't really like Athens to begin with. But the constant negativity by paladin and others has caused them to side with the Bulldogs.

So I guess I should say thank you? ... You can never have enough fans.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

93Bulldog wrote:Buckman started the thread. Hardly an Athens fan. In fact, there are only 2 or 3 people on SEOPS actually from Athens or true Athens fans. All these threads are just a group of Athens haters, arguing with neutral fans (who get tired of the Athens bashing.)

Kind of cracks me actually. These neutral fans probably didn't really like Athens to begin with. But the constant negativity by paladin and others has caused them to side with the Bulldogs.

So I guess I should say thank you? ... You can never have enough fans.
You are correct, I never liked Athens. But Paladin and his cult of two, probably both him under different names, have caused me to like Athens a lot more. I do doubt that many people take any of his garbage too seriously though. He is obviously jealous of the situation Athens is in. We must be important down here in SE Ohio though since he keeps talking about us. We all know he is a big time D1 scout so he can't have much time on his hands and he spends it talking about how great he thinks we are. :lol: So yea, thanks Paladin! :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”