Newly Formed League to invite Jackson, Logan, and Warren

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Re: Newly Formed League to invite Jackson, Logan, and Warren

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:What is most funny about this thread is that only the ones on the outside of the TVC looking in are saying anyone is afraid of adding the SEOAL teams. What a great way to get someone to let you join their group! Call them cowards. Yea that usually works. :lol: I love also how anyone who says they don't want the TVC to add teams is cheating what 600, 800 I think it is up to a few thousand now, kids from those SEOAL schools. That is a laugher. You people could not keep a league together. Why would any other league want to bring the lot of you in? You folks are making fun of the very league you are begging to join. So why don't you find a league that you respect to join? :lol:
These are real numbers from a little place called OHSAA website, they base the Division breakdowns off of it.

Warren Boys and Girls OHSAA enrollment 279 - 263
Logan Boys and Girls OHSAA enrollment 478 - 461
Jackson Boys and Girls OHSAA enrollment 306 - 297

Total 1,063 boys & 1,021 girls = 2,084 kids 9th-11th.

The fact that these 3 schools are within 30-50 minutes of Athens, NY, Alexander is also real. Logan and Jackson 20-30 minutes from VC is real.

What is also real if you look at all of my posts...you will not find one iota of anything detrimental to any league or team.

What is funny is your inability to explain (you have been asked twice now) what Jackson, Logan, or Warren did to not keep a league together. So what exactly did 90 plus years of support by Jackson to the SEOAL do to ruin it? Please explain how Jackson ruined the SEOAL.

If you cannot understand how the expansion in the SEOAL (Portsmouth-Zanesville) is different from 3 teams within 45 minutes of the "epicenter" of the TVC then go back to playing your XBox or PS3.
Well if they are keeping it together, why do you want to join a different league? Nuff Said! :lol: Keep begging! :mrgreen:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Ground Buck wrote:
Moonshine wrote: All of you TVC supporters be fore warned! the bullpuppies will dominate all sports in the TVC Ohio for the foreseeable future!
That's why you want Logan in, cause your jealous aren't you? :lol: Logan has zero chance of getting in, and you should be ashamed of yourselves for trying. You were the HUGE fish for years in a small pond, so step up and do what Paladin says. Get in a NE Ohio league. Remember though, Athens may win most titles, but not football for the next several years. That will belong to the Bucks. You heard it hear first.
Man get a life we will be fine! You would be hard pressed to find 3 classier schools systems!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Ground Buck wrote:
Moonshine wrote: All of you TVC supporters be fore warned! the bullpuppies will dominate all sports in the TVC Ohio for the foreseeable future!
That's why you want Logan in, cause your jealous aren't you? :lol: Logan has zero chance of getting in, and you should be ashamed of yourselves for trying. You were the HUGE fish for years in a small pond, so step up and do what Paladin says. Get in a NE Ohio league. Remember though, Athens may win most titles, but not football for the next several years. That will belong to the Bucks. You heard it hear first.
And yes the bullpuppies will win the TVC Ohio for the next decade, too many son's of OU coaches!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan doesn't want in the -[ two valley conference ] just tried a package deal to help others.

The all around Jackson, Logan and Warren system can't be beat by the two valley conference. The only think the two valley conference has going for it is Athens unless you count a hit and there with other schools

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

moonshine wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
And yes the bullpuppies will win the TVC Ohio for the next decade, too many son's of OU coaches!
That is the dumbest excuse for Athens having talent and I'am sick of hearing it. Every kid at every public school attends that school because of where their parents work and live at. Regardless if they just got a job there or have worked there since the child was born.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ground Buck wrote:
doubleplay643 wrote: What is funny is your inability to explain (you have been asked twice now) what Jackson, Logan, or Warren did to not keep a league together. So what exactly did 90 plus years of support by Jackson to the SEOAL do to ruin it? Please explain how Jackson ruined the SEOAL.

If you cannot understand how the expansion in the SEOAL (Portsmouth-Zanesville) is different from 3 teams within 45 minutes of the "epicenter" of the TVC then go back to playing your XBox or PS3.
Well if they are keeping it together, why do you want to join a different league? Nuff Said! :lol: Keep begging! :mrgreen:
Because we are down to 3 schools, 2 league games and 8 other dates to fill if you just talk about football, obviously we are looking because we have to, is that really hard for you to understand.

You have the right to express your opinion and call it begging plus adding your little giggle signs.

I have the right to suggest that 3 school systems with a couple thousand kids enrolled in 9th-11th grade within 30-45 minutes of Athens county where there are quite a few TVC schools (call it the middle of the league) deserve a shot at being considered. I personally like the idea of promoting all of SE Ohio whether it is business, academics, or athletics.

Now cue your giggle sign and get back at throwing the begging word around.

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

We want them all in the tvc .when meigs super freshmen and sophomores get threw with the them they will wish they weren't there.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I love the off season for football lol

We are gonna beat this to death, burry it, dig it back up and beat it again lol..

GOOD TIMES

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

it's supposed to be funny laugh out loud

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

I would just like one question answered. The SEOAL gang keep saying that we need to be like the MAC and strengthen our league by adding the SEOAL teams. They also claim the TVC is a weaker league than the SEOAL. So let's say we add the three remaining amigos from the SEO. We will call that the TVC Muskingum, just to keep with the river theme. Throw three of the TVC Ohio teams in there to make it an even six, and split the other two into a six team and a seven team division. So tell me how that strengthens anything?

What it does is weaken the Ohio Division by taking the biggest schools and the best team out of it. Weakens the Hocking Division if you move Trimble and/or Wahama to the Ohio, which is very likely. And going by their logic you put the SEOAL teams with a lesser group, hence you weaken that group as well. Can you not see that? I mean, by adding those teams and splitting into three you weaken all three of them. Anyone else getting this or am I the only one?

And don't give that cross over game BS either. The only way to ensure those games get played is to put that in the by-laws, thus forcing teams to play them. So how do you rotate that? The MSL does that nonesense, and you get mismatches all over the place. I can see it now: "Hey Miller, you're playing Athens for the next two years cause you have to play a cross over game. But that will make you better, cause that's what the MAC does and they won three state titles this year..." :lol: :mrgreen:

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Binary wrote:And don't give that cross over game BS either. The only way to ensure those games get played is to put that in the by-laws, thus forcing teams to play them. So how do you rotate that? The MSL does that nonesense, and you get mismatches all over the place. I can see it now: "Hey Miller, you're playing Athens for the next two years cause you have to play a cross over game. But that will make you better, cause that's what the MAC does and they won three state titles this year..." :lol: :mrgreen:
The only reason why it's nonsensical for the MSL to do cross-overs is because the two "divisions" that cross over have serious enrollment disparities. The one part of the MSL that takes part in the cross-over, the Ohio, has D3-D5 (with one D6, Madison Plains) while the other, the Cardinal, only has two D6's and the rest are D7. From a logistical standpoint, it works out well for the Cardinal division teams because previous to the 2014 season they had five vacancies to fill since they only had five league games.Teams were making drives to Mansfield, Lawrence County, Elyria etc to fill the openings. When Worthington Christian got into varsity level football they got placed as an affiliate for the Cardinal, reducing the open slots to four games. I don't think the football coaches and fans on both parties really care for crossing over, but in theory it's saving money. If there was one thing negative about the cross-overs, it was making the Cardinal schools cancel the return end of their contracts with the schools they had traveled so far to play because they had an opening for two years. It'd be nice if we can play the return game versus S.V. in Lancaster, but that doesn't look like it'll happen.

If you ask me, it makes some sense to crossover in the TVC's case. However, I think you should drop the TVC Hocking schools that aren't Wahama, Trimble, and Belpre from the crossover obligation, because you are right - the hypothetical "Miller v. Athens" matchups are lose-lose situations. Here's a great idea, in my opinion: the TVC and MSL should do an out of conference scheduling deal. Make the TVC Hocking schools (that aren't Wahama, Trimble, and Belpre) play the MSL Cardinal schools, get the TVC Ohio schools to play the MSL Buckeye. This would be a pretty equitable idea in my opinion, but I'm not sure how practical that would be.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Mandatory crossover games won't work and having some kind of contract to play MSL teams isn't a good idea. Southern, Eastern, Waterford, Wahama... Etc.. Don't want to drive to Central Ohio to play games if they don't have to.

If you wanna play a school from the MSL then schedule them. If not you shouldn't be forced to.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Orange and Brown wrote:Mandatory crossover games won't work and having some kind of contract to play MSL teams isn't a good idea. Southern, Eastern, Waterford, Wahama... Etc.. Don't want to drive to Central Ohio to play games if they don't have to.

If you wanna play a school from the MSL then schedule them. If not you shouldn't be forced to.
You're right, they likely don't want to play in Central Ohio. But how many similarly sized schools that aren't in their league have openings that are nearby in weeks 2-10? At the very least they'd be competitive contests that the TVC Hocking schools could likely get wins in. I don't think games against Vinton County, The mileage would be hellacious, but it'd optimally be a once every two years deal; these teams would be used to the gas-consuming drives anyways (Miller to South Gallia, anyone?). The 70mph sections of U.S. 33 makes trips from Meigs County to Fairfield County go 'just like that'. Are teams going to be able to rely on getting games with schools such as Hannan in the future?

It's an idea. I imagine some TVC small schools want to play MSL small schools, but the scheduling might not work out. Who knows.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Why would the Hocking teams want to play anyone else other than who they play now?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Orange and Brown wrote:Why would the Hocking teams want to play anyone else other than who they play now?

They only need to fill 2 spots a year. Not that difficult.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

formerfcfan wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Mandatory crossover games won't work and having some kind of contract to play MSL teams isn't a good idea. Southern, Eastern, Waterford, Wahama... Etc.. Don't want to drive to Central Ohio to play games if they don't have to.

You're right, they likely don't want to play in Central Ohio. But how many similarly sized schools that aren't in their league have openings that are nearby in weeks 2-10? At the very least they'd be competitive contests that the TVC Hocking schools could likely get wins in. I don't think games against Vinton County, The mileage would be hellacious, but it'd optimally be a once every two years deal; these teams would be used to the gas-consuming drives anyways (Miller to South Gallia, anyone?). The 70mph sections of U.S. 33 makes trips from Meigs County to Fairfield County go 'just like that'. Are teams going to be able to rely on getting games with schools such as Hannan in the future?

It's an idea. I imagine some TVC small schools want to play MSL small schools, but the scheduling might not work out. Who knows.
No need to play to do any of the above. Just keep the Hocking the way it is. Simple isn't it?

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Orange and Brown wrote:Why would the Hocking teams want to play anyone else other than who they play now?
Dundas wrote:

They only need to fill 2 spots a year. Not that difficult.
Two excellent posts, and one reason why it would be insane to split the Hocking Division up by forcing two or three of them into the Ohio Division.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

]

That is the dumbest excuse for Athens having talent and I'am sick of hearing it. Every kid at every public school attends that school because of where their parents work and live at. Regardless if they just got a job there or have worked there since the child was born.[/quote][/quote]

Sounds like recruiting
    to me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bumblebeetuna
    Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

Athens run is over back to being athens again

OVCFan2
    Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

This is a perfect illustration of the problem that is SEO football. Keep playing the area teams, and never challenge your program. Chase excellence, don't run from it. MSL I hope my chiefs can get into this league, the TVC is a joke. I respect the area and the teams, but peoples reasoning for excluding SEOAL teams is pathetic. A lot of grudges and slights that prohibit SEO from taking that next step. JUST THINK of what this type of league could do for this region. SEOAL fell apart because of the outrageous driving distances for some schools. If you added the three( I say two) remaining teams it would instantly add prestige, and would be the confirmation that the TVC conference can be a major player for STATE TITLES. I am not talking about playoff appearances, but titles. regional and state. But hey at least the area teams play against each other in pee wee. Trimble vs Logan tomahawks was always my favorite game even tho we always got blown out.

Return to “Football”