Can Athens save the SEOAL

Green Beagle
JV Team

Can Athens save the SEOAL

Post by Green Beagle »

Dundas wrote:
I was spitballing this with a poster from Jackson. Athens voted yes to expansion earlier this year. Thus putting their approval on a TVC division which grouped them with Logan, Gallia, Jackson and Warren. So with that being a fact, my question is.. what's stopping Athens from going back to the SEOAL? It would save the league and I'd say there's a 95% chance that if they did go back, Marietta would follow.

Logan
Jackson
Warren
Athens
Marietta

That would be a league where travel isn't an issue, 5 total teams is sustainable. Plus you could continue to look for another team (close by) to add. (Pburg, Point, VC etc)

Just another idea in a long list of them. Lol

Very good post. Will Athens save the oldest league in Ohio that they helped form or sit in the lifeboat (TVC) and watch the other members go down with the ship?

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Re: Can Athens save the SEOAL

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Ridiculous. Athens doesn't have to make any move to save any league or team. Quit trying to pin this on them.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Athens did not vote yes to those teams coming in. They voted no. Neslonville voted yes, claiming they could not compete with Athens. Southern voted yes saying their basketball coach wanted to play more non league games, which means to me, "we can beat Wahama at Wahama, so we don't want to play them as a league game." SG voted yes, but not sure why they voted that way, other than to side with Southern. All the other schools voted no. So, you will see a few posters from those three schools, Green Beagle from Nelsonville as an example, get on here and hope they can shame the TVC into accepting all the teams that apply, for the above reasons.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

Well if we don't save them. Let them in the TVC. All of them.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Why would Athens want to leave? The problem has been these schools bouncing around leagues like a ping pong ball this entire decade, maybe a little stability could be the answer to the problems

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:Athens did not vote yes to those teams coming in. They voted no. Neslonville voted yes, claiming they could not compete with Athens. Southern voted yes saying their basketball coach wanted to play more non league games, which means to me, "we can beat Wahama at Wahama, so we don't want to play them as a league game." SG voted yes, but not sure why they voted that way, other than to side with Southern. All the other schools voted no. So, you will see a few posters from those three schools, Green Beagle from Nelsonville as an example, get on here and hope they can shame the TVC into accepting all the teams that apply, for the above reasons.

I call BS on NY voting yes because they can't compete with Athens. NY has competed with Athens every year for decades in most sports going back to when Athens was in the SEOAL. Those are big gates for NY and historically competitive games in most sports.

Boston Creampuff
Riding the Bench

Post by Boston Creampuff »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
M0TIVAT0R wrote:Athens did not vote yes to those teams coming in. They voted no. Neslonville voted yes, claiming they could not compete with Athens. Southern voted yes saying their basketball coach wanted to play more non league games, which means to me, "we can beat Wahama at Wahama, so we don't want to play them as a league game." SG voted yes, but not sure why they voted that way, other than to side with Southern. All the other schools voted no. So, you will see a few posters from those three schools, Green Beagle from Nelsonville as an example, get on here and hope they can shame the TVC into accepting all the teams that apply, for the above reasons.

I call BS on NY voting yes because they can't compete with Athens. NY has competed with Athens every year for decades in most sports going back to when Athens was in the SEOAL. Those are big gates for NY and historically competitive games in most sports.
Playing them and having to play them for a legue title are two entirley different things and from waht I know, NY has had enough. Lets take them all and go three divisions.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:

If you think about it though, it does make sense. NY use to win the league every year once Davey brought us back to traditional NY football. Now Athens wins it every year. Let's let VC and Alexander deal with the Bullpups for league titles, and we can play schools our size for the league. I can see another 8 year run on the horizon. Bring on FH and Wahama.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Like the old saying goes "if you can't beat them, play worse teams". I doubt most NY fans would say they can't compete. You don't see Crooksville crying around about Sheridan & Tri-Valley.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Philos_Finest wrote:Like the old saying goes "if you can't beat them, play worse teams". I doubt most NY fans would say they can't compete. You don't see Crooksville crying around about Sheridan & Tri-Valley.
NY has no desire to play Jackson every year or they would be playing them now.....

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Philos_Finest wrote:Like the old saying goes "if you can't beat them, play worse teams". I doubt most NY fans would say they can't compete. You don't see Crooksville crying around about Sheridan & Tri-Valley.
NY has no desire to play Jackson every year or they would be playing them now.....
Is that why they played Berne Union instead?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Crooksville has tried to get in the TVC

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

formerfcfan wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
Is that why they played Berne Union instead?
They also play Trimble, Newark Catholic, and Logan........

Burnt Onion should be off the schedule. 2014 was supposed to be the last game.

chsballn
Freshman Team

Post by chsballn »

Can Athens save the SEOAL ?

Not likely ! Isn't it too late for anyone to save the SEOAL ?

Warren will most likely find a league either TVC or ECOL !
Logan and Jackson will be the two in limbo.
Jackson will most likely have to set up independent for a year or two. Then when a opening opens up in the SCOL they might get a call. This might be a good match.
Logan might get the nod from the MSL.

What if Jackson played Football in the SCOL and played in another league for it's other sport programs.

What if ? What If ? Big words, when all can set and predict and comment on how things should go, but it is just like being a couch coach, our crap is just that crap. It's all on the shoulders of Principles and Super's where any of these three teams end up.... Good luck to Logan, Jackson & Warren...

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

I forecast a potential SEOAL rebirth. The first step would be the admission of Jackson and Warren into the TVC. Then I could see some things happening.... :idea:

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

RAIDER6309 wrote:

No, they haven't. They have turned the TVC down though.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

RAIDER6309 wrote:

Crooksville has never tried to get into the TVC. They would have been accepted if they tried, but they are very happy in the MVL.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Seems like Crooksville would want to join the TVC........they are playing in the Southeastern District at times along with New Lex and Sheridan.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Small chance Athens leaves the TVC but some of the Athens administration are from Warren

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

NoReply---I would imagine the Crooksville coaches would love to join the Hocking but it will never happen because of the travel and loss of the big gates the MVL brings. When's the last time they have beaten Sheridan or TV in football? They would be considered one of the top contenders every year in the Hocking and I don't see that in the MVL.

I don't know how many boys they have but they have to be dwarfed by the over 400 of TV.

Return to “Football”