Vinton Co. Coaching Search - 2015

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Re: Vinton Co. Coaching Search - 2015

Post by Blue Duck »

I've heard first round of interviews are over and second round is to start soon. Familiar names that interviewed first round was Nolan Yates, Travis Bethel, and Jack O'Rourke. The other couple names must be out of towners because i've never heard of them

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Blue Duck wrote:I've heard first round of interviews are over and second round is to start soon. Familiar names that interviewed first round was Nolan Yates, Travis Bethel, and Jack O'Rourke. The other couple names must be out of towners because i've never heard of them
That is correct.

The Razor
Riding the Bench

Post by The Razor »

Who is getting a second interview? Come on, Dundas, fill us in.

Kenny Bixx Jr.
Waterboy

Post by Kenny Bixx Jr. »

ive ben gone for to long. i had 2 many deweys and the fellas in grey lock you up for that but i am back to see what's happening. are we really lookin' for another football coach? I thought the one we had was going to save the program? ill tell you what, we VCians cant get anything right.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Welcome back Kenny
It's been too long
You make SEOP's forums a better place.

Kenny Bixx Jr.
Waterboy

Post by Kenny Bixx Jr. »

i left my richland township home bcause i had to go to the court house to day to pay some fines. those nice people said jack is coming back. why? he wasnt that good of a coach. he had good players and play a week skedule. he won the games he was suppose to and got beat by teams as good or better. grandpappy could have coach those teams and he liked baseball. grandpap didnt like football he didnt think men should touch each other like that. if he comes back its fools gold. the bixx household wont support the team and kenny jr jr will not be playing football. i guess i will check back in 3 years when VC is looking for another football coach.

lil vike supporter
Waterboy

Post by lil vike supporter »

Kenny Bixx Jr. wrote:i left my richland township home bcause i had to go to the court house to day to pay some fines. those nice people said jack is coming back. why? he wasnt that good of a coach. he had good players and play a week skedule. he won the games he was suppose to and got beat by teams as good or better. grandpappy could have coach those teams and he liked baseball. grandpap didnt like football he didnt think men should touch each other like that. if he comes back its fools gold. the bixx household wont support the team and kenny jr jr will not be playing football. i guess i will check back in 3 years when VC is looking for another football coach.
Are you crazy Bixx? Not a good coach? The community has been hoping to get O'Rourke back in VC for years. I'd love to see O'Rourke back! We'd be in the playoffs within a couple years.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Records speak for themselves with jack.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

The new coach will be decided on April 9th. There are no "front runners" at this time. Personally, I feel like it will be either Yates, Bethel or O'Rourke. That is just my opinion.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Who ever they get I hope they bring VC to the top.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

noreply66 wrote:Who ever they get I hope they bring VC to the top.
Would be nice to be competitive again and start a nice rivalry with the Chiefs. It's been over 40 years since the two have played football.

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

Dundas wrote:The new coach will be decided on April 9th. There are no "front runners" at this time. Personally, I feel like it will be either Yates, Bethel or O'Rourke. That is just my opinion.
The administration is sure taking a long time. I hope everything works out for you guys. I will say this, whether Bethel gets this job or not, he will most likely be a head coach in the near future.

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

Dundas wrote:The new coach will be decided on April 9th. There are no "front runners" at this time. Personally, I feel like it will be either Yates, Bethel or O'Rourke. That is just my opinion.
The administration is sure taking a long time. I hope everything works out for you guys. I will say this, whether Bethel gets this job or not, he will most likely be a head coach in the near future.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Blue Duck wrote:

I have heard nothing but positive things about Travis.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Dundas wrote:
noreply66 wrote:Who ever they get I hope they bring VC to the top.
Would be nice to be competitive again and start a nice rivalry with the Chiefs. It's been over 40 years since the two have played football.

Too bad they don't play now. They do go at each other in other sports and under classes.

Kenny Bixx Jr.
Waterboy

Post by Kenny Bixx Jr. »

yeah he is not a great coach and even worse teacher. i know he was my teacher for freshman math all he talk about was football and getting me to play i told him i was to busy stickin tobacco. he had a bunch of players that play in college nobody but queen had one player. and if you keep diggin the row you find in that book jack couldnt beat nelsonville, belpre, jackson, and any team as good or better thn the vikings.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Tune in tomorrow night on 970WATH as Ryan Boyd and myself will be talking Viking football and the continuing saga happening in McArthur. We will have a full list of the remaining candidates vying for the head coaching position AND a couple of them will be calling in to the show! It should be interesting! Tune in on 970 am, 97.1 fm, 970wath.com or download the 970wath app on your phone or tablet! Show starts at 6:06.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Dundas wrote:Tune in tomorrow night on 970WATH as Ryan Boyd and myself will be talking Viking football and the continuing saga happening in McArthur. We will have a full list of the remaining candidates vying for the head coaching position AND a couple of them will be calling in to the show! It should be interesting! Tune in on 970 am, 97.1 fm, 970wath.com or download the 970wath app on your phone or tablet! Show starts at 6:06.
So who is still left?

jimbobhampton
Waterboy

Post by jimbobhampton »

Missed the show. Who's left?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I have only a partial list of those who have interviewed...the committee is keeping a tight lip as to potential hires...or allowing their recommendation be known.

Marcus Games...prior Ohio University player, wrestling coach, long time assistant, and integral part of the community.

Jack O'Rourke...ex-football coach with a gazillion years of experience.

Travis Bethel...VC graduate, Union College football player, who holds a master degree.

Nolan Yates...VC graduate, Glenville State player, ex-football coach, long time assistant with various programs, tons of experience, obtaining his master degree.

Chris Hutchinson...I think interviewed, I am not sure, but if he did...ex-Wellston coach, former college player.

Return to “Football”