THE NEW LOOK OF THE NEW OVC 2015

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: THE NEW LOOK OF THE NEW OVC 2015

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

obviously i meant to say curtailed. and frankly that's the 1st time i ever typed that word, lol. i heard it on paul Harvey one time.you make of it what you will friend. I'm not trying to have a conflict with anyone. and wheelersburg is now the team ironton was and wants to be again. so again props to them. ironton just needs to prove it on the field.but if you fling crap at the wall some of it will eventually stick. so don't belittle any tiger fans for discussing things with you about your comments. the sad thing is. it's the kids that read this and get out of sorts about their commitments to their school/team, that's what i try to avoid. calling them out solves nothing. they have too much to deal with anyway. even if the lose, they need to know they are still winners. and they will draw on these experiences positive or negative. but it will help mold these young men.

weasel
Waterboy

Post by weasel »

That was the most beautiful thing I've ever read. Truly beautiful.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:obviously i meant to say curtailed. and frankly that's the 1st time i ever typed that word, lol. i heard it on paul Harvey one time.you make of it what you will friend. I'm not trying to have a conflict with anyone. and wheelersburg is now the team ironton was and wants to be again. so again props to them. ironton just needs to prove it on the field.but if you fling crap at the wall some of it will eventually stick. so don't belittle any tiger fans for discussing things with you about your comments. the sad thing is. it's the kids that read this and get out of sorts about their commitments to their school/team, that's what i try to avoid. calling them out solves nothing. they have too much to deal with anyway. even if the lose, they need to know they are still winners. and they will draw on these experiences positive or negative. but it will help mold these young men.
Wheelersburg has been good since the 1970s. I don't understand why some think that BURG has just been good for the past several years.

Since 1986, out of 30 years, Burg has been in the playoffs for 25 of them. They have 4 regional titles and one state title. Ironton was just a bigger version of the pirates during the same time, with a few more state appearances. More student athletes, help the roster. No longer is Ironton a big school. They now have to rely on less kids and perhaps less talent to make them successful. Developing at the youth level is what builds a small school powerhouse. I've seen what goes on at the pee wee level at Ironton and its horrendous.

fighting irish#1
Waterboy

Post by fighting irish#1 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
BigChuck wrote:How about calling it: THE NOBODY ELSE IN LAWRENCE COUNTY CAN STAND EITHER ONE OF THEM BOWL???
:lol: May have to shorten the name just a bit. THE NEIL CARES BOWL, Maybe? Nobody Else In Lawrence CARES.
I like it!!!

fighting irish#1
Waterboy

Post by fighting irish#1 »

Brother Bait. I will pray for you.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thanks chuck n daddy.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

Ironton vs Coal Grove.....this is one of the first big moments of the NEW OVC. Winner is setting in the driver's seat for league championship. The winner moves into a stronger position to make playoffs. Gonna be a great one!!! This is what everyone has been waiting for the Tigers joined!!!! Best of luck to both teams from a neutral observer...

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:SORRY TO CALL YOUR BLUFF DADDY. BUT HAVING 21 POSTS STILL DOES NOT MAKE YOU NEW TO THIS SITE.
your posts are meant to be demeaning. it's not a post about being proud of your team whoever that may be. but trust me you been around here for a while. you can't have a fine program without a past. and ironton's program has a great past.so obviously we have some work to do. the program needs a checkup from the neck up.but ironton fans are no different than other other's fans. we may be spoiled by years of excellence. but it does nothing to correct the current situation. if the program never recovers , it still has an amazing past. down toit's historical tanks memorial stadium. and if your agenda is to just demean ironton and it's fans.then that's on you.there is nothing at all wrong with good ole fashion razzing, that's awesome. but if ironton's troubles are a result of it's fans being too cocky. it's because the program was one that was in people's face. come beat us, we'll play anybody type persona. if that's the case. then we are paying now for our transgressions. but trust me 1 way or another this situation will change. fighting tiger nation won't stand for mediocrity.but 1 way er another we love our fighting tigers forever. and we're dang proud of any of our opponents having great success, no matter who it may be. ironton has always been a proud, clean program that shakes your hand in earnest after a contest, win or lose.but jealousy of a program--------hardly.
Love it BAIT!!! Well said!!! U may have to curtail the games vs D2 or D3 state title teams for awhile, but I think this Burg fan can understand that!!! I understand and appreciate the tigers history and the chance to get some trophies again by joining the OVC. Can you get one this year??

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well maniac a lot of football left to be played but nobody is more important than this weeks opponents the grovers. and they'll be big n burley, they always are. better have all 4 points buckled on that chinstrap. this is gonna be blood n guts , slobberknockin in the trenches.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Always have had respect for how Ironton has done things. Being an old man I remember the days of dominance,Good luck vs Dawson-Bryant,and Go Trojans vs South Point!

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

First, this is high school football. Second, these young men work hard, starting in August and running thru October. Win, lose or draw all the young people deserve our support. Ironton had an incredible run, they deserve the respect they have earned. Same goes for Wheelesburg. Other schools in SEO would love to have this history. I am a Portsmouth Trojan fan, and we are a suffering bunch.
Folks get behind your school of choice and support them!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wipala, we all remember all those Trojan teams of the past. they were just as dominant. football in our area right now is on shaky ground. it appears to not have affected the burg as much.and they are definitely a hard out. these things run in cycles. solid coaching in burg right now is the difference, and getting the players out.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I would definitely have to say the 2 biggest surprises of the year ovc wise. is ironton's 4 losses in a row to start off. and the emergence of rock hill's program, that mostly nobody seen coming. the folks at rock hill may have known they were on to something. but I think otherwise the area was shocked.i think this was as big of a surprise as ironton's ineffectiveness out of the gate. especially after a 14-6 loss to burg. then rock hill beat the panthers. I hope rock hill's stepping up in play rubs off on the rest of the ovc. this coal grove/ironton game will be a dandy, as new lines are drawn in the sand and new rivalries begin to unfold.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

then the following week you have rock hill @ ironton.but first things 1st.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

Well. I think it's safe to say that Coal Grove will be hopping tomorrow night....it'll be crawling with Hornets, Tigers and even a bunch of Redmen thanks to their bye....The " SPLIT THE POT" should be pretty significant!!! LOL

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GGOD LUCK TO THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS.

AND GOOD LUCK TO THE OVC TEAMS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IN OVC ACTION TONIGHT THE
SOUTH POINT POINTERS TRAVEL TO PORTSMOUTH
THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS TRAVEL TO COAL GROVE
FAIRLAND HOSTS CHESAPEAKE
ROCK HILL HAS A BYE WEEK. SAINT WENDELIN CANCELLED THEIR SEASON--THE REDMEN RESUME ACTION NEXT WEEK AT IRONTON

AND OUTSIDE THE LEAGUE , BUT DEAR TO OUR HEARTS THE SYMMES VALLEY VIKINGS HOST PORTSMOUTH NOTRE DAME.

I HOPE EVERYBODY HAS SAFE GAMES.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

Ironton 3-0 (3-4)
Rock Hill 2-1 (4-2)
Chesapeake 2-1 (6-1)
Coal Grove 2-1 (3-4)
Portsmouth 2-2 (3-4)
South Point 1-3 (2-5)
Fairland 0-3 (0-7)

Next Week
Rock Hill @ Ironton
Chesapeake @ Portsmouth
Fairland @ Coal Grove
Symmes Valley @ South Point

Get your popcorn ready...

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Really very few at the Ironton and Grove game tonight. You would have thought there would had been a big crowd but this was really small.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'd have thought an enourmous crowd. and I predicted an 850.00 split the pot. and it was 200.00

Return to “Football”