WK1 Nelsonville-York @ Trimble (8/26)

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Re: WK1 Nelsonville-York @ Trimble (8/26)

Post by ArmChairQB »

Phill wants to bring in those little bleaches for next Saturday's game.. that place has no room as it is. No way there's room . Trimble will lose money if this happens for the NY game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

ArmChairQB wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:56 pm Phill wants to bring in those little bleaches for next Saturday's game.. that place has no room as it is. No way there's room . Trimble will lose money if this happens for the NY game.
They will lose money and get beat lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Personally, I wouldn't feel safe to have family members in attendance at a stadium that has been condemned.

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

By all means if you do not feel safe please do not attend. This means a lot to the boys to play at there own home field. If played at the stadium the only thing condemned is the stadium itself not the field or the track or the endzones or around the field. There is plenty of room for the bleachers on either side so it's your choice. They will have security monitoring the condemned areas to make sure no adult or children play in or around the area taped off. Again if you feel unsafe please stay home we would not want anyone to feel uncomfortable in this situation.

TOMCAT PRIDE !!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Just play it at Ohio University and everyone is happy

Trailblazer
Riding the Bench

Post by Trailblazer »

Personally I would like to see it played at Athens with hopes that it would draw a huge crowd and the money made at the gate, raffles, etc , could go toward the solution of the current stadiums issues..

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

I believe this game will probably have a very large crowd. Much larger than any other game Trimble plays this season. It's a big rivalry and it's on Saturday night when no other Athens County team is playing. It has potential to draw maybe 3000 people? I can't imagine bringing in little bleachers are going to hold that many people. I also don't know if little bleachers will be high enough to see over the players on the sidelines.. Or are they putting them in the endzones? That seems like an even worse idea. I think if Athens High School is open, the game needs to be played there. It would be a huge crowd. They'll have to turn people away if it's held in Glouster.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I'm not saying this is going to happen, but what if an administraton of one of the schools that play at Trimble do no want to sent their children or coaches over to play at the stadium. I know most their home games are conference games, but parents these days are worried about lawsuits and everything like that. You could have parents of an opponent go to their respective school board and ask that their children not travel to the stadium. What happens then?
I love seeing the fight and effort of trying to play at your place, but I'm just posing a question that may or may not happen, hoping that the powers that be at Trimble thought of these senarios.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Athens is not a good deal.They want 90% of the gate,can not use locker rooms,have to pay security,have to pay for clean up,their not even sure we can sell food they want at least the big building or maybe both.We would go in the hole to play their.Came from good source no BS.

:roll: cats :roll:
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ttomcat 80 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:15 pm Athens is not a good deal.They want 90% of the gate,can not use locker rooms,have to pay security,have to pay for clean up,their not even sure we can sell food they want at least the big building or maybe both.We would go in the hole to play their.Came from good source no BS.
Jesus! 90%?
Last I heard it was at cost.
That's insane!
Folks will remeber that.
I can see them wanting to recoup expenses for the utilities but they are trying to rob you guys now....

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Sideliner
Riding the Bench

Post by Sideliner »

If that is true about Athens, it is pretty crappy. They are going to take the majority of the income and Trimble cover all of the expenses. Way to help out a fellow county school!
However, Trimble is stuck in between a rock and a hard place. Bringing in bleachers doesn't seem like a good option either.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Sideliner wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:29 pm If that is true about Athens, it is pretty crappy. They are going to take the majority of the income and Trimble cover all of the expenses. Way to help out a fellow county school!
However, Trimble is stuck in between a rock and a hard place. Bringing in bleachers doesn't seem like a good option either.
When there field got damaged from the straight line winds, NY offered up our facility without any crazy stipulations like that.
They choose to play at OU then, but at least we gave them a real option.
Seems kinda selfish not to try and help another school out.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Lot of rumors & bs being thrown around that's for sure.

Would like to the messenger publish an article with facts.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I am having coach faires on my show tonight at 6:00.

Tune in & lets hear what he has to say.

970wath.com at 6:06

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

As much as I hate to admit it Nelsonville has stepped up to the plate to help with solutions. For that I commend them. There is an open forum tonight at 7pm at the Trimble High School I urge everyone in the community to attend or surrounding communities. Alexander and Federal hocking has also stepped up to help raise money. If we are unable to do concessions or take a part of the gate money that will definitely hurt our school and our band and athletic boosters.

I understand what your saying about going to OU or Athens, but the seniors and the kids want to play on there home turf. I totally understand that feeling. Please just support whatever decision is made. I am sure it will be the best decision made. Thanks again for all the support in Athens County.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

ttomcat 80 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:15 pm Athens is not a good deal.They want 90% of the gate,can not use locker rooms,have to pay security,have to pay for clean up,their not even sure we can sell food they want at least the big building or maybe both.We would go in the hole to play their.Came from good source no BS.
Well that's a lie. Athens told Trimble $100 and NY said $1 to use everything

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

NY should allow Trimble to play at their place when not using it. Maybe on Saturday if they are.
Even with the bitterness of the two schools it would be a sell out.
With a Friday night game and a Saturday game it would be like a TVC double header.
Even a game every Friday night at NY would be great.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I've heard something different from a good source that Athens didn't tell Trimble 90% of the gate.
So we will all find out soon enough I guess.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

I have a hard time believing Athens would want 90%.. I heard $200 for utilities which I totally understand. I think a game held at Athens would draw a huge crowd.. I think it would also be huge at NY.. I truly feel Trimble will not make its maximum profit if they hold it in Glouster. I understand the boys want to play it at their home field, but he NY game might not be viable.. Maybe some of their smaller league games would be okay for makeshift bleachers, but the NY game is just too big

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Trimbles administrators sure did drop the ball on this issue.. from the pictures I've seen the steps are falling apart. Even if the inspector hadn't said its beyond repair. They probably wouldn't have had enough time for needed repairs before the 26th. Make one wonder if this was the plan all along?

Return to “Football”