2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2017 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

farmer wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:35 pm First I will say I have no info on what happened just putting this out there.

Times have changed since we played. Especially with the internet and phones used as video and camera. Then posting online that content or talking online on forums like this. The what happens in the locker room stays in the locker room is over. Some pranks now a days go to far. When some kids are not as good as they were in their younger years they get upset and take it out on others. The same as when parents get involved to put pressure to get their kid to play even though the kid does not earn it on the field.

Then just the hazing and the political correctness that who should be fired or off the team. This is where team rules need to be set and players being a team. As one coach said you do not need to luv everyone on the team. But on the field you must be there as one unit playing together. For team on the field and at team locker room YOU WILL RESPECT THE TEAM AND COACHES AS WELL AS EVERYONE ELSE WHO SUPPORTS THE TEAM. LIKE TEACHERS, JANITORS , COOKS BOOSTERS AND OTHERS. Times are different now but a team like Ironton who has had it's share of drama on and off the field in the past 10 years. It is better to run a tight dry ship. Instead of constantly taking on water and sinking the ship.
that's an excellent post farmer.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Man.... No post from the Ironton faithful since Monday at 7:53am???? Exactly what is going on in I Town with their prep for the annual Burg Beat-down?

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

let's hope that stops this year ------------------------------ twice.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

Its cute that ironton fans still think they have any chance at all to win,or even compete in this game.
Can you say .......running clock?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope not. I think we'll see a more disciplined fighting tiger team this year. I really do. people are fed up with the shenanigans and personal fouls.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GOOD LUCK TO THE ''IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS'' TONIGHT IN THE OVC PREVIEW AT PORTSMOUTH.

AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE ''OVC TEAMS'' THAT THEY HAVE AWESOME SAFE/INJURY FREE SHOWINGS.

AND PLEASE REMEMBER IN YOUR PRAYERS MARK ''HAMMER'' LUTZ, THE 1ST YEAR ROCK HILL REDMEN HEAD COACH. I KNOW HE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL I THINK YESTERDAY BATTLING KIDNEY STONES YET AGAIN. I BEEN THERE WITH THAT NUMEROUS TIMES , IT'S AWFUL. WE'LL BE PRAYING FOR YOU SIR.-------------- GET WELL SOON.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

How Ironton look last night?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I asked that on facebook a bit ago and no response.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Buramgerdin wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:14 pm As usual, IBTT is clueless.

NEWS FLASH - Bryant has enrolled at Ashland.

From what I saw, it didn't matter if Jerry Rice was playing wide out, he wasn't getting the ball. Large is the only receiver that would have not been available. The other receivers were there.
Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner! Bryant was seen at previews wearing an Ashland football shirt #44. Lol

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Good bye anyone that could leave Ironton and go to one of their arch rivals tells me something. I won't go any farther because he is a kid and the parents make that decision for him.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Game day wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:40 am How Ironton look last night?
I saw them at the OVC Preview last night. I also saw them in the 7 on 7 a couple weeks ago. Portsmouth beat them 14-7 in the preview last night. Lots of areas for Ironton to work on. QB and RB's are good. D line appeared winded very early on in the game. They are improved from what I saw in the 7 on 7, and I am sure that they will keep getting better every week.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

I watched all of the OVC teams last night. The conference is just bad, sorry but it is bad. Burg JV could beat several teams.

Ironton was, as noted earlier, out of shape. I know, shocker. The tackling stood out to me, or lack of it. Parker is a solid back and made them miss, ran through their arm tackles, and made them look bad. #13 ran at will. Portsmouth Oline, which is nothing to get very excited about, controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides.

I suspect Salyers will be running for his life most of the year, especially against the non-conference schedule where the coaching is at a much higher level and the defenses will be bringing multiple blitzes.

I predict Burg beats them as bad as they did last year, Ashland beats them, and Russell beats them again. Then they will roll Fairland, SP, Gallia, RH, and CG will be a close one. Portsmouth beats them. If they get in the playoffs, the are one and done again. Same ole same ole is what I saw.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Buramgerdin wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:32 am I watched all of the OVC teams last night. The conference is just bad, sorry but it is bad. Burg JV could beat several teams.

Ironton was, as noted earlier, out of shape. I know, shocker. The tackling stood out to me, or lack of it. Parker is a solid back and made them miss, ran through their arm tackles, and made them look bad. #13 ran at will. Portsmouth Oline, which is nothing to get very excited about, controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides.

I suspect Salyers will be running for his life most of the year, especially against the non-conference schedule where the coaching is at a much higher level and the defenses will be bringing multiple blitzes.

I predict Burg beats them as bad as they did last year, Ashland beats them, and Russell beats them again. Then they will roll Fairland, SP, Gallia, RH, and CG will be a close one. Portsmouth beats them. If they get in the playoffs, the are one and done again. Same ole same ole is what I saw.
Pretty much sums it up,hear number 13 for Trojan's is the transfer QB from Lewis county,great athlete in football and basketball, really good pick up by Portsmouth

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

After watching the Previews the Donald's prediction of order in OVC is
1. Portsmouth--- Speed speed speed beat ironton 14-7...predict port 35-14 in a regular game
2. Coal Grove--- spend and power beat RH 13-7 but stalled out twice at 1 and 3 yrd line... predict CG 42-7 regular game
3.Ironton- lost to port 14-7...Day of ironton winning games just by their name is over
4.Gallia-- Gallia won 28-0 could be a surprise team to challenge for OVC
5.Chesapeake- beat fairland 14-0 average at best
6.Fairland---llost to peak....Not even average
7. Rock Hill- won't be a factor..one notch above pointers
8. South Point--- Great young Coach----No depth and Young---extremely overmatched

Overall I witnessed what looked like a really weak OVC...So weak that fat boy Kim-jong-un could possibly get together a gulag team and challenge for league title.....
I'm DONALD TRUMP AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE!!!!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Buramgerdin wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:32 am I watched all of the OVC teams last night. The conference is just bad, sorry but it is bad. Burg JV could beat several teams.

Now, I'll tell you the actual truth. The league looks weak. Ironton is definitely the lock to win it all unless injuries kill them. First drive Ironton used a mix of spread and T to run down the field and score on Portsmouth. Portsmouth scored on the next drive. Parker is fast, but Pleasant did chase him down so we got speed as well. What was getting us was the outside runs and surprisingly the coaches moved a few players around and fixed that problem. Ironton had a drive going and holding penalties killed it. Ironton stopped Portsmouth several times in short yardage to make them turn the ball over. Late in the game Ironton had subs in for most of the defense and Portsmouth got a cheap Pass interference call to go their way and they punched it in against the 2nd team defense.
As for getting tired surprisingly they looked to be fresh. We will know more about their conditioning next week in the jamboree game. Also 2 Line starters should be back on Monday so that will shore up our defense and offense lines. As for the season I'm predicting 5% chance of 10-0, 30% chance of 8-2, 65% chance of 7-3. With 99% chance of winning the OVC

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

That's some funny shut right there,maybe stick to test fake rastling, you can predict that stuff, IRONTON is not that good,you will come to your senses after game one,just like last year.

And IRONTON, complain about a cheap call? Laughabale

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Tigercannon71 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:58 pm

Now, I'll tell you the actual truth. The league looks weak. Ironton is definitely the lock to win it all unless injuries kill them. First drive Ironton used a mix of spread and T to run down the field and score on Portsmouth. Portsmouth scored on the next drive. Parker is fast, but Pleasant did chase him down so we got speed as well. What was getting us was the outside runs and surprisingly the coaches moved a few players around and fixed that problem. Ironton had a drive going and holding penalties killed it. Ironton stopped Portsmouth several times in short yardage to make them turn the ball over. Late in the game Ironton had subs in for most of the defense and Portsmouth got a cheap Pass interference call to go their way and they punched it in against the 2nd team defense.
As for getting tired surprisingly they looked to be fresh. We will know more about their conditioning next week in the jamboree game. Also 2 Line starters should be back on Monday so that will shore up our defense and offense lines. As for the season I'm predicting 5% chance of 10-0, 30% chance of 8-2, 65% chance of 7-3. With 99% chance of winning the OVC
I was standing at the fence, the pass interference happened right in front of me. It was the right call.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I heard Ironton was scrimmaging West the week. Anyone know time and location.

bassmaster-6604
Waterboy

Post by bassmaster-6604 »

I would like to know also, hear West is good . Be a good test for both teams !!

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

it cracks me up all these Burg bandwagon fans living on Ironton posts. I hear all this poop about Burg but I haven't seen a championship game yet in football.

Return to “Football”