D4, REGION 15- IRONTON VS. JOHNSTOWN

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Re: D4, REGION 15- IRONTON VS. JOHNSTOWN

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Stay humble Johnnies... Ironton is a worthy opponent and is not going anywhere as far as the playoffs go. Congrats to both teams and all the young men, men enough to play this sport. Respect to all the athletes, cheerleaders, band members, etc. Go Johnnies!

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

We were just too beat up to overcome it. We started out with 39 on the team and by this game after some quitting, injuries, and other circumstances we ended up with just 20 some kids that were even healthy before tonight and some of them were pretty banged up but still played. Then we had several go down tonight. Poor kids :( we were the walking wounded. Watching them get off the bus tonight was like watching a bus load of wounded soldiers come back from war. Crutches galore. Keep your head up Tigers you have absolutely made us proud this year!!!!!! Good luck seniors in all you do. Underclassmen work hard to carry on the tradition. Go Tigers!!!!!!

PS: ignore jerks like paladin, he never has a kind word for anything having to do with Ironton. Anyone (a grown man) that would come on here and say that stuff to a bunch of kids who have worked their butts off, only to have their hopes crushed by a ton of injuries, is a very sad little man indeed. They were not overrated they have the talent they have just fought the injury bug all season long and to try to pour salt in their wounds is just classless, but then I guess we already knew that about you Paladin.

Good luck to the Johnnies the rest of the way!!! Also, I agree with the announcer about the band they were great!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Nice season for the Tigers of Ironton.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Ironton got outcoached, outconditioned, out-everythinged. Wow with the talent Ironton had this year, I felt sorry for the players.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

playa_44 wrote:Ironton got outcoached, outconditioned, out-everythinged. Wow with the talent Ironton had this year, I felt sorry for the players.
Can't say I agree with this statement.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

tigercannon71 wrote:Ok as YTB said its hard to come up with something besides flush the Johnnies so I had some ideas this morning. Stop me if you've heard these.

Lets go Tiger tip the port o' Johnnies over!!!
Come on Tigers pimp slap those Johns!!!
Tigers turn those Johnnies into John Does!!!
How bout this one???
Looks like them Johnnies flushed a big ole Tiger turd!!!!!!!

NYF
Freshman Team

Post by NYF »

Very impressed with the Johnnies team speed. The Tigers did not have an answer for it. I'm not a Band person, but man! What a band, was there like 200 in the band!

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Made the trip to Athens for this game last night. If Ironton had been at full strength this game might have been a lot closer. At times early it was a back and forth game, but when Johnstown gets rolling they are hard to stop.

Johnstown impressed me with the overall athleticism of their team. Even the linemen are fast and strong. Everyone on the team is strong, lean, and fast. It would almost be worth the drive to see them play St. Clairsville IMO.

For Ironton, it looks like they might have had too hard of a schedule(especially late in the season). Scheduling up is great, and will pay dividends in the playoffs, if you're healthy when you get there. When you get so many players injured I question if it's worth it. I was suprised they only had 34 dressed to start the game, teams that small cannot afford injuries to key players and Ironton was bit hard with the injury bug late in the season. Hats off to the guys that were struggling through injury, several players came up limping but kept fighting through it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

great season for the ironton fighting tigers this year. very solid season for 1st year head coach mark vass and his staff. i'm very proud of the effort. just too many injuries for the fighting tigers, and wow, can johnstown execute. they beat us about the head and face area last night. that was as bad a thumping as since the columbus bishop hartley. but the fighting tigers fought hard all night. and all season.never saw the fighting tigers with so many injuries as this year.

we had so many lineman out too, and that has been our soft spot all year line play ,on both sides and our secondary.but you know what it was a great season of fighting tiger football none the less.always great to see fighting tiger playoff football. the streak continues. i know fighting tiger players are used to state championship football. and we'll get back there again.but this was the hardest schedule it think we ever had. i really do. every team we played had a winning record, and every team we played except portsmouth made the playoffs. and they always have a great squad, but have been down for a few years, and are going through a coaching change as we speak.

nothing but love for my fighting tigers, if it wasn't for following them in the playoffs and regular season, i'd not been in a fraction of the stadiums we've played in.athens has a great facility. they did a great job as well. good luck to johnstown, i said nothing about a weak schedule, i knew better, i saw ya'll last year. i knew what to expect, fast paced , hardnosed football, so good luck to you all with st. clairsville.AND I'M DANG PROUD OF MY FIGHTING TIGERS.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

NYBUX wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:Ok as YTB said its hard to come up with something besides flush the Johnnies so I had some ideas this morning. Stop me if you've heard these.

How bout this one???

I agree with that staement. We played like crap last night and got flushed. Good call.

Someone above said we got outcoached and outplayed and out conditioned thats a true statement too. Our line play has been horrible all season. I dont know who the line coach is, but he needs to be fired. We had some good backs, but the line has killed us all year long. Injuries have plagued us all season. I think we had as many guys on crutches as we did on the field last night.

We played like crap and the Johnnies took advantage of it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cannon, i'll have to say i didn't see this coming, i knew we were kinda hobbled up injury wise. but i thought this would be a very competitive game.i make no excuses about the game. our line play on both sides , and our tackling was just not there.and our secondary has been suspect all year. the johnnies scouted us well, and expolited our weakness'.but what another great year of fighting tiger football.

and good luck to st. clairsville and johnstown monroe.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I agree completely YTB.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you simply can't handoff to a back, and have 4 defenders there in his face.and our tackling on defense right up the gut all year was our main weakness. gonna be sad , seeing the fighting tigers move down to division 5 next year. and saying bye to most of our traditional playoff foes. but exciting to see what lies in d5 region 19. a very, very tough region.

nothing but love here, for my fighting tigers, great season ya'll.
ole BAIT LOVES YOUN'S.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

HEY GREAT YEAR OF FOOTBALL DOWN HERE ON THE RIVER
PROUD OF EVERYONE , THOSE WHO WERE ELIMINATED, AND THOSE THAT ARE STILL PLAYING.
TO THE OTHER LOCAL TEAMS THAT HAD FINE YEARS, BUT NEVER MADE THE PLAYOFFS.
AND TO THE TEAMS THAT ARE STRUGGLING, HANG IN THERE.
LOTS OF GREAT RIVER RAT FOOTBALL TO WATCH DOWN HERE THIS YEAR THIS YEAR.
I'M ALREADY MOURNING THE LOSS,
AND LOOKING FORWARD TO FIGHTING TIGER FOOTBALL, IN 2013.

:aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

This was supposed to be the year for ironton, but they underachieved. And they lose 20 seniors, what I was told, it may not get any better. Gonna be a big challenge for this new staff to keep up with what tiger fans expect. It is tough to follow a legend.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

[/quote] Someone above said we got outcoached and outplayed and out conditioned thats a true statement too. Our line play has been horrible all season. I dont know who the line coach is, but he needs to be fired. We had some good backs, but the line has killed us all year long. Injuries have plagued us all season. I think we had as many guys on crutches as we did on the field last night.

We played like crap and the Johnnies took advantage of it.[/quote]

Are you talking O or D-line?Personally I thought the O-line was pretty good till the injurys started piling up.Our D was suspect at times.I do think they kids played hard and never gave up.

And to Johnstown,good luck the rest of the way.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'LL SECOND THAT HOSSCAT.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Both sides of the ball. Our line play was weak. Sure it had its moments, and I know injuries took toll on O line, but still they at times got manhandled and just pushed aside. The defensive line as you said was suspect all year and some points in games they were non existant.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

NYBUX wrote:

How bout this one???
Liked seeing you all getting out of the first round of the playoffs oh wait you didn't even make the playoffs.
Just you didn't even get the chance to be flushed.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Funny funny Bleeding Red . . . maybe paladin should become a game "handicapper" because we all know he can't coach. He can only come by here with his overrated comments, weak schedule, same old broken record. I know what his record was . . . ha ha ha ha ha

Return to “Football”