Week 5 (4-0) Ironton @ (1-3) Portsmouth

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 5 (4-0) Ironton @ (1-3) Portsmouth

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

both teams had numerous key injuries. hopefully everybody got out of this one injury free.

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

i think the cox boy should be the starting qb. i watched ironton play against gallia and ashland and the dutey kid wont take any chances. But i am not on the sidelines .

is it true that both of these boys are originally from coal grove and rock hill?

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Good job Ironton!

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Yea the Dutey kid is from Coal Grove I think. His Dad is the super at Portsmouth.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

I wouldn't change a thing!!!! The coaches have watched these kids work for several months and know what fits in the system they are running! There is a reason WE are 5-0 and it's not b/c the sideline coaches make calls! Love these boys and love the fight in them!! Keep playing boys and never let an outsider try to divide US!!!

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

After watching Coach Vass for the very 1st time tonight, I have gained the utmost respect for him. He let the dogs off early, and didn't stomp our Trojans down. Very classy move on his part. Ironton could have picked the score tonight. He is a great coach and runs a great program. I see Ironton going deep in the playoffs. Portsmouth would love to have a guy like him on our sideline.

Even though this was a very lopsided game, Portsmouth's offense had some highlights and moments of good football. Johnnie Charles is an absolute workhorse. He is a phenomenal football player and gives it everything he has despite his small size. Why he doesn't carry the ball more is beyond me. When Portsmouth ran their power running thing, positive things happened LIKE 1st DOWNS AND POSITIVE YARDAGE. I hate to bring Clifford into the discussion, but lets just say people are ready to riot. Tonight did not feel like a rivalry game,we have lost to Ironton so much in the last few years that we think nothing of it. Very sad.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Good luck ironton.a classy program ..

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I think the hiring of coach Vass was a very thought out and great decision. He is doing not only a great job but showing that he is a great coach. Yes he called off the dogs out of respect and that speaks loudly. But he has put a different spin he shows a a little every game and that makes them better I think the kids have had close games against good teams and that helps build confidence. And tonight Ironton showed something few thought could be a passing game to go along with a great running game.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

dreamweaver wrote:Yea the Dutey kid is from Coal Grove I think. His Dad is the super at Portsmouth.
He may have attended Coal Grove but Tanner has lived in Ironton his entire life.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Patrick Lewis is a stud heck of a player very fast ; Ironton could have made this score a lot worse but the Trojans never quit good luck to Ironton the rest of the season Go Trojans.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Good seeing my buddy at the Portsmouth game and being able to say hi. :lol:

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

on a mission wrote:I wouldn't change a thing!!!! The coaches have watched these kids work for several months and know what fits in the system they are running! There is a reason WE are 5-0 and it's not b/c the sideline coaches make calls! Love these boys and love the fight in them!! Keep playing boys and never let an outsider try to divide US!!!

Not trying to divide anything. Was just curious cause that's what I was told . I don't know any of them .I think the new coaching staff has done an amazing job this year and sounds like they will have a lot to work with the next few years. I just think that the cox boy is a smarter player an is willing to take more chances and can make plays with his feet. Just my opinion . This is an opinion forum last I checked.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Just read in the PDT, online, where the PHS coach was pleased how his team played...defense gave up over 600 yards and this is after IHS pulled the starters! Coach said he was pleased how the offense took off,,,,after the Tigers removed almost all of the first team defense? Wow,,,Anyone out there puzzled by those statements...I know the Trojans have injuries, but all high school teams do...does anyone know how many yards PHS have given up total and the per game average..sure hope they get things squared....Logan might be the last chance for a victory this year.....having said this.....GO TROJANS

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

I just wanted to thank the Trojan posters for all the nice things they have said about Ironton being classy and such. It is nice to have someone say something nice after all the negative we hear from so many others. I also wanted to say how classy I thought it was that the Trojans took time and cared enough to honor one of our past players, Ryan Ainsworth. Even though we are rivals we have always had respect for one another unlike some other rivals we have. I will always root for the Trojans, except when they are playing my Tigers. I hope things get ironed out in Ptown soon, and good luck the rest of the season. Go Trojans!!!!
Last edited by 86Tiger on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I understand what your saying,maybe.lol
I never saw the black sweater this go around.I did see a "buddy" and said hello.
If I would have seen the black sweater I would have told hi hello in a different way.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

I played for Ptown same years Ryan played for Itowm, WOW, What happen???

trojanparent2012
Waterboy

Post by trojanparent2012 »

86Tiger...it is what it is. You guys have an awesome team no doubt. Your coach and the fans were respectable. It is good to hear that other area schools can appreciate and support one another around here. Certain people like to keep junk flying but it's the true football loves and fans that can appreciate certain situations. Certainly glad that there weren't any more injuries on either side. It's all about these kids! Good luck in your remainding season!!

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

just two cents from an old timer from PHS..back in the late 50's and 60's we played IHS, won some, lost some,,,fought like cats and dogs during, after and the rest of the year with Ironton.....but after we got out of High school and our senior trip to Viet Nam we started to play softball against out friends from up the 52,,,same story,,,played hard,,fought hard and after the games went to the Staduim Lunch, together, and drank our share of Hudie....became really good friends with the guys from Ironton and stuck up for each other when we played in softball tourneys away from each others homes...great fun, great times, great memories...having said this---GO TROJANS-----GO TIGERS....

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

14U wrote:I played for Ptown same years Ryan played for Itowm, WOW, What happen???
i believe cancer

Return to “Football”