Fairland 34 West 14

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Re: WEEK 1 Portsmouth West (0-0) @ Fairland (0-0)

Post by pigskinguru »

And that is why they play the game!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saw Fairland in a scrimmage and was not impressed, BUT THAT IS WHY SCRIMMAGES ARE JUST THAT! THEY DON'T COUNT!

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

Looks just like every year, WEST runs there mouths better than they run the ball.

voodoochild
Riding the Bench

Post by voodoochild »

LOL......If you would have read the west vs ironton scrimmage thread you would have thought West was a State Championship-Deep Playoff caliber team!! What, So I guess West could move Ironton all over the field but couldnt Fairland? Maybe this will finally be a lesson to all those making ridiculous assumptions based on a meaningless scrimmage. What a reality check. Way to go Dragons!

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Wow, didnt go to this game but did see the West Ironton scrimmage and West looked good there. Was told they looked even better against Wilmington. The OVC better watch out for Fairland. West is gonna have to make some big adjustments. From what my buddy told me, the better team won. He said West QB and a tackle or guard both got hurt?

bigpoppy20
Riding the Bench

Post by bigpoppy20 »

Fairland is super fast! I agree that PW has been pretty vocal on here this summer. Wow, what a game! Does anyone think that maybe PW's play against Ironton wasn't a fluke, and that Ironton might not be as good as we think?

todmc
Waterboy

Post by todmc »

then again just maybe fairland is a pretty good team

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

Best thing for West to do is to accept this loss and learn from it. If they go home with their heads down they will just repeat this performance next week. Each game should make you better and more prepared for the next.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

bigpoppipop wrote: maybe PW's play against Ironton wasn't a fluke, and that Ironton might not be as good as we think?
either ironton isn't as good as West thought they were or West isn't as good as West thought they were. :lol:

i suspect the latter because ironton is pretty good. :mrgreen:

Silver Bulletz 1
Waterboy

Post by Silver Bulletz 1 »

Which players from West were injured in this ballgame ??

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Not sure, I was told the QB and either a guard or tackle. \Maybe Burg is better than you thought also. I went to the Ironton burg game and Burg moved the ball at will on Ironton. For such a young team they played a senior laden Ironton team tough. Ironton should count their lucky stars they won tonight. the Lewis kid is impressive.

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Post by DaRecGuy »

If West doesn't get a playbook that is not made of STONE it is going to be a long season! Some people need realize that the game may have passed them by, like 10 years ago.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

WOW! As I watched this game West score immediately on their first drive and I think got complacent and Fairland took advantage of it! It was as if the Dragons took the lead and West became shell shocked!! For Fairland to be so young they played an almost flawless game only one turnover compared to 4 or 5 for West. Honestly being a realist and OVC fan if they were to play 9 more times idk how many more times Fairland would win. I know the score was lop sided in this one but there was just something about the game Fairland played way to perfect! But he give credit where it is due they took advantage of every opportunity they were granted and they sure as heck didn't look like a ball team with only three seniors! Congrats Dragons! Go OVC!

Silver Bulletz 1
Waterboy

Post by Silver Bulletz 1 »

West will bounce back. Sometimes it takes a wake up call like this one to truly test the heart of a football team.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Congratulations Fairland, they deserved the win.Yes West looked nothing like the team in the Jamboree against Wilmington. Not sure what happened. Nice win for Fairland. Fairland is fast. #22 is a beast and the QB did a great job too. The West line got beat which really surprised me. Lot of potential pass plays called but the qb kept the ball almost every time. Sometimes he hesitates too longand other times he rushes things. Linebackers didnt seem to be able to do as well as they have before. West looked flat with no heart in the game. Hope the Scott boy is ok. Good Luck to both teams the rest of the season.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

wow !!! lotta crow to be eaten on this thread. :122246

LastOut
Waterboy

Post by LastOut »

Gotta be able to read a defense up front and pick up the blocks. Bricker was running for his life every time he dropped back to pass. Fairland was in the backfield all night.

WestSportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by WestSportsFan »

Not that it would have made a difference, but it would've been nice to seen Reynolds kid play. From what little I saw him play last year, he has a good read as linebacker and can hit hard. I'm sure West thought they were going to go 10-0 and that's hard to do, so if there's and game to lose the 1st one is the best. Rebound West and start next week.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

WOW.....This was a shock to me. A real eye opener. Maybe Failand is really good or West is not as good as expected. Also wondering if Ironton is as good as expected. They had their hands full with Burg last night. Maybe Burg is even better than expected. Coming back to make it close after spotting Ironton 14 points without ironton even getting their offense on the field. I actually have more questions after week 1 than I did before the season started. :shock:

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

As long as Fairland is able to stay healthy they will give every team they play headaches in my opinion. They played with intensity and had speed. There pass rush had West QB running for his life most of the time. I read somewhere that Fairland may be a sleeper. First time they have beaten West in 10 or more years. they deserved the win. Hope West grows from this and plays like they refuse to lose instead of like they did last night.

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

Fairland just controlled this game after pwest scored the first time. Fairland had them guessing all night. They played with way more heart and intensity. Pwest just had no answer for anything the dragons were doing. Hope to see them carry this over to week 2.

Return to “Football”