D5 R19 - #4 Minford vs. #1 Oak Hill at Jackson

Who wins this battle?

Total votes: 0

RJ7171C71R
Riding the Bench

Re: Oak Hill vs Minford Rematch

Post by RJ7171C71R »

Yeah that guy needs banned!!I watched my Hornets get dominated by the Oaks tonight and Hale is a MONSTER!!I may be in Jackson for this game!!I havent seen Minford play,so I wont make a prediction,but this should be a good one!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I am sure the Oak Hill fans know that although we love our football and get a little crazy sometimes, we would NEVER wish a kid to get hurt.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Good luck to both teams. CB's for Minford btr be ready to play. Seems to me the OH passing attack can be the springboard for the runners. Eh, just dont know but gotta root for the SOC.................................2!!!! GO FALCONS!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Bleeding Red wrote:I dont care who is taking the snaps if you are not getting it done up front, you are not going to win. Minford dominated the line and won the game against the Oaks.

Minford dominated a good NY line tonight and completely shut them down, while piling up a ton of yards of their own on the ground.

Sure Slone will make a difference. And Oak Hill is better than NY, for sure. But Minford is physical and is gonna show up to play physical football. And Minford hasnt forgot that Slone didnt play in that game if you know what I mean.
Minford did completely dominate Nelsonville tonight and Oak Hill up front the first time they played. Hey the Oaks can say what they want, but Minford has a Slone kid of their own that is quoted from a NY coach after the game, "A Sledge Hammer at FB," and ran for almost 250 yards on what I thought was coming in to tonight was a pretty physical Nelsonville York team. He could not have done it without the O-line and other backs blocking as well as in total Minford put up close to 400 yards of offense on the TVC Champs.

Ohio's most winning coach: Bob Lutz of Ironton has proved time and time again the game is won and lost in the trenches and you win by physically dominating a team with the big boys up front and running the ball with punishing backs.

Something Minford did the first time these two play was play a more physical brand of football won the battle in the trenches and won the game. I have a feeling the Oaks will see a more physical Minford team than they saw the first time around.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I, personally, would love to see Minford get the win. I have doubted Minfords O and D line after the Burg game, but I am becomming a believer. I just cant get over the fact that the Falcon fans arent giving Oaks Slone some respect. He is an absolute playmaker and like yates for Valley, can make a bad play into a big gainer. With that said, this is the playoffs and all kids get Psyched for the minutes that they play. Minfords O and D line could very well get the job done, no matter what Slone for the Oaks can do! WOW!! This could be an epic game!! good luck to both teams!!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Minford's O-Line made adjustments after the Burg game and proved they can function as a unit.
Last edited by vladimir on Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Deathcluth2010
Freshman Team

Post by Deathcluth2010 »

Uncle C wrote:I had a wish this would happen, and here it is . I am picking the Falcons to win this won, because of the injury factor took the respect out of the last win. It is gonna be a good one.
35-12
Ur crazy!!!!!!......as a recall burg beat u guys up front all night!and oak hill demoniated burg up front with alone in the line will be extra motivated and smack u in the mouth and hale will be behind and u won't have to worry about passing if u can't stop him

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Well that was the big ? of this season between these 3 teams. Oak Hill smacked Burg in the mouth, Minford smacked Oak Hill in the mouth, and Burg smacked Minford in the mouth. It's Friday night football my friend and ultimately comes down to which team decides to show up. I think all 3 teams have what it takes to beat each other on any given night, it's just who decides to get off the bus and who doesn't.

dougout
Waterboy

Post by dougout »

OAK HILL BY 4 TDS

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

dougout wrote:OAK HILL BY 4 TDS

Boy, it must be getting late in the night with that one! :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Deathcluth2010 wrote:
Uncle C wrote:I had a wish this would happen, and here it is . I am picking the Falcons to win this won, because of the injury factor took the respect out of the last win. It is gonna be a good one.
35-12
Ur crazy!!!!!!......as a recall burg beat u guys up front all night!and oak hill demoniated burg up front with alone in the line will be extra motivated and smack u in the mouth and hale will be behind and u won't have to worry about passing if u can't stop him
As I recall Minford won 13-0 over Oak Hill.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

TALK TO NELSONVILLE YORK'S COACH. HE WILL TELL YOU WHAT IS COMING NEXT WEEKEND.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

demaniac1 wrote:I, personally, would love to see Minford get the win. I have doubted Minfords O and D line after the Burg game, but I am becomming a believer. I just cant get over the fact that the Falcon fans arent giving Oaks Slone some respect. He is an absolute playmaker and like yates for Valley, can make a bad play into a big gainer. With that said, this is the playoffs and all kids get Psyched for the minutes that they play. Minfords O and D line could very well get the job done, no matter what Slone for the Oaks can do! WOW!! This could be an epic game!! good luck to both teams!!!

Dont put much stock into what you saw against Burg. Minford got down very quick and gave up. There have been a ton of changes made in personel, and getting the right kids in the right positions came be all the difference (Look at how well Burg is playing since moving a few kids around at LB).

Minford came out tonight and hit NY right in the mouth after giving up a TD early. After that, it was lights out.

I would love to see a Minford/Burg final. But Minford will have its hands full with Oak Hill, Burg will have its hands full with the Freddies. Good football action next week!

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

As anyone will tell you, its very hard to beat a good team twice in one season. that is what Minford will be facing. Should be a great game. One team is assured of being in the Regional Final. Thats exciting.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

You must have REALY lost your mind if you think oak hill will win by 28 points. This will be a great game. I look for the falcons to get it done again.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Bulldog91 wrote:Oak hill to Jackson = 12 mile per Map quest = home field advantage.
There is three logical choices one prolly won't happen because they don't have a fence around the field. Valley or p-town (home field advantage) to minford. Jackson (home field advantage) to oak hill. IMHO the game needs to be played at either rock hill or south point that way neither team has a home field advantage. It's just a thought but we have seen some crazy stuff by the ohsaa so anything is possible

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

demaniac1 wrote: I, personally, would love to see Minford get the win. I have doubted Minfords O and D line after the Burg game, but I am becomming a believer. I just cant get over the fact that the Falcon fans arent giving Oaks Slone some respect. He is an absolute playmaker and like yates for Valley, can make a bad play into a big gainer.
Actually I think it is just the opposite. Everyone knows that Oak Hill has several offensive threats, with Slone and Hale being the two primary threats. Both Slone and Hale are well respected for their talents and the threat they pose to Minford's defense. Minford will be working hard to identify a defensive scheme based on those threats. Minford's offense will also make preparations for this game to increase their chances for success, just like they have all year. Likewise, Oak Hill will be doing the same.

Bottom line, look for an exciting game that will come down to who wins the battle up front and the team with the least amount of mistakes/turnovers. Hmmmm, that sounds like every week and every game in football, except with teams of this caliber playing, any mistakes are maximized. These are two outstanding teams, one of which will be in the regional finals (hopefully against Wheelersburg). Good luck Falcons! Bring home win number 10 on the year!

As for location, I would suspect either Jackson or Ironton.

96stroker
JV Team

Post by 96stroker »

any word yet on where it will be played for sure? Hopefully Jackson!!! 12 mile for the oaks and like 25 for Minford not really a home game for the Oaks

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

How is Jackson a homefield fo Oak Hill??? They've never played here? The state assigns the referees.

Jackson is easily the most logical choice.....and Oak Hill should have the slightly closer drive...though anything under 30 is fortunate regardless. We just traveled 130 miles one way to a place with 1 concession stand and no lockerrooms....but it was fine...and had we won would've been great.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I'll be shocked if this game isn't in Jackson. Sometimes the OHSAA can leave you scratching your head, but I think that this choice is pretty simple. Like Ironman92 mentioned, it's less than 30 minutes of travel for both Oak Hill and Minford. Alumni Stadium offers the largest seating capacity of any of the possible sites for this game, and I would expect a very large crowd since much of the area will be attending this game.

Return to “Football”