Logan Football Coach Resigns

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Re: Logan Football Coach Resigns

Post by Nagol1 »

Dale is going to be one the best scouts Logan has ever had!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

GOOD LUCK TO AMYX IN HIS RETIREMENT. HIS EARNED IT. I THINK COACH WOLFE WILL DO FINE. I CAN'T SEE WHY LOGAN WOULD GO OUTSIDE OF THE STAFF TO HIRE SOMEBODY ELSE.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Kudos Coach Amyx! Well done! It must be tough walking away from something you love. He'll be missed. I never coached but i know the time and dedication it takes to do the job, especially in a demanding atmosphere like Logan. And to put the program where it is today is a great testament to his skill, passion and effort. Hope he doesn't miss it too much when camp opens. Good luck. :aaaaa10 :aaaaa41

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

Logan should do something to honor him. What a great job he has done. The right way. Logan will not miss a beat with Wolfe.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Speedofsand wrote:Logan should do something to honor him. What a great job he has done. The right way. Logan will not miss a beat with Wolfe.

I think they should name the field after him. :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

not a bad idea :idea:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Great run for Coach Amyx at Logan. His contributions to the Chieftain program will certainly not be forgotten. Good luck to him in his life after Logan Football.

Sounds like Coach Wolfe is the favorite to take over, and I'm sure he'll do a fine job.

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

I always wanted Dale Amyx Field at Bill Sauer Memorial Stadium, but they didn't have a naming competition.

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

With Dale's background as a lineman, I hope the attention to detail and the efficiency of the line don't decrease. Even in years when the size/athleticism was weak, the Logan line has been better than average. If the line is good enough, a 3 year old can run through the hole! Hehe.
Good luck in your future endeavors Mr. Amyx. I hope you continue to contribute to our community as you are a welcome plus!

chieflineman06
Freshman Team

Post by chieflineman06 »

WOW!! I guess I kind of saw this coming, but yet I didn't. I am with a couple from the top, Amyx has been around for as long as I can remember.....first memory matter of fact is him coming into one of my grade school classes to talk about the annual Logan Football Camp.

Coach Amyx, good luck with whatever the afterlife of football will bring. Your legacy will not be forgotten....something does have to be done in his name, not that it will be forgotten anytime soon however.

Coach Wolfe, hands down should have the position. A great job running the offense the last few seasons since Robinson left and everyone knows the stable of Logan running backs that Wolfe has positioned coached as well as the quarterbacks.

The defensive side will have a question mark however. Not so much in tendencies and design, but just the over all play calling and tenacity of the coordinator.

My question though is this......does Amyx just walk away or slowly withdraw?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Will the head football coach position be posted within the school system. When will they accept application from ouitside the district. They need to explore all options b-4 handing the keys to Kelly. Do not get me wrong, I think Kelly can do a good job! But it is always good to to look around to see what kind of interest there would be in the Logan head football coaching position. Also any ideas on who will run the defense?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

1987chieftains wrote:GOOD LUCK TO AMYX IN HIS RETIREMENT. HIS EARNED IT. I THINK COACH WOLFE WILL DO FINE. I CAN'T SEE WHY LOGAN WOULD GO OUTSIDE OF THE STAFF TO HIRE SOMEBODY ELSE.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ChieftainGrad135
Riding the Bench

Post by ChieftainGrad135 »

Logan will fill their head coaching position within. It is well known that Kelly Wolfe is the favorite and has been recommended by Amyx to fill the position. In regards to the Defensive Coordinator, they also will fill that internally. You have a stable of coaches that can take over that spot, including Pat Walsh, Greg Jones, Jim Huntsberger to name a few. Whoever fills the Def Coord. position will have their position on the staff taken from within by another assistant. Logan DOES NOT and WILL NOT fill any of their prime positions (i.e. Head Coach and Def Coord) with someone from the outside. They will promote coaches within, then bring in another lower level assistant to prime for the future. I, as well as others, just wish a decision would be made as to who will for sure fill the positions so we can move on.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

lhs_iraq_vet wrote:Logan will fill their head coaching position within. It is well known that Kelly Wolfe is the favorite and has been recommended by Amyx to fill the position. In regards to the Defensive Coordinator, they also will fill that internally. You have a stable of coaches that can take over that spot, including Pat Walsh, Greg Jones, Jim Huntsberger to name a few. Whoever fills the Def Coord. position will have their position on the staff taken from within by another assistant. Logan DOES NOT and WILL NOT fill any of their prime positions (i.e. Head Coach and Def Coord) with someone from the outside. They will promote coaches within, then bring in another lower level assistant to prime for the future. I, as well as others, just wish a decision would be made as to who will for sure fill the positions so we can move on.

Hey, think it the either law or in the union contract that this job must be posted! as far as looking out side the program I think it would be interesting to see how Dale's program is respected around the state of Ohio! I understand and know Logan as some coaching talent on staff!

ChieftainGrad135
Riding the Bench

Post by ChieftainGrad135 »

moonschein.........I think I came across a little differently than what I meant. I understand how it could be misunderstood. I wasn't saying that it was just going to be "handed" to Kelly. It will be posted I'm sure, for reasons similar to what you explained. However, when he apps come in, none will get a serious looking at because Logan will, in the end, fill from within. I am sure that there will be interest from around the region. I don't know about the state. As much as I love Logan football, I don't think that our program is that well respected as a "state power". We have never proven to be that. We are a regional power, which is where the interest will come from.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

lhs_iraq_vet wrote:moonschein.........I think I came across a little differently than what I meant. I understand how it could be misunderstood. I wasn't saying that it was just going to be "handed" to Kelly. It will be posted I'm sure, for reasons similar to what you explained. However, when he apps come in, none will get a serious looking at because Logan will, in the end, fill from within. I am sure that there will be interest from around the region. I don't know about the state. As much as I love Logan football, I don't think that our program is that well respected as a "state power". We have never proven to be that. We are a regional power, which is where the interest will come from.

Look what happened over at Chillicote, According to some post Ron Hinton is the new head football coach at Chillicothe. Both of us might be suprise at the respect our program has achived since Coach Perry started the rebuilding process back in the day. B-4 Perry the last outstanding coach we had was Bob Boyton. After Bob we suffer though a few lean years!

walker
Waterboy

Post by walker »

Heard that Jim Huntsberger and Keith Myers (basketball coach) were interested in the job

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

walker wrote:Heard that Jim Huntsberger and Keith Myers (basketball coach) were interested in the job

Oh my god! Logan football would be in big trouble! Just look at the basketball program!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

:shock:

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

walker wrote:Heard that Jim Huntsberger and Keith Myers (basketball coach) were interested in the job

are you kidding me?

Return to “Football”