Portsmouth Daily Times All-Area Team

kahn
Freshman Team

Portsmouth Daily Times All-Area Team

Post by kahn »

Good news. The Portsmouth Daily Times is bringing back its All-Area Team after a one year hiatus. The team can include players from the SOC as well as Portsmouth, Piketon and Greenup and will be done by position.

The PDT Sports Staff will host the meeting of area coaches today (Sunday) at Shawnee State and it will be published Tuesday.

Pick up Tuesday's copy of the Portsmouth Daily Times to read more.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Re: Portsmouth Daily Times All-Area Team

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Looking forward to it

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

great job.... to all these young men......

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

wish they would do this for all conference teams(select players by position and not by team order of finish)

FOURTYTWOISO
Waterboy

Post by FOURTYTWOISO »

How did Jess Sloan not make 1st or 2nd team at QB. Pendleton from West should have been 1st team also and I'm not a fan of either team. West would of only won about 2 games without Pendleton, and the Oaks would have been at best .500 team without Sloan. Congrats to all of the young men that were selected on this list everyone is deserving. Glad to see this All Area team back after 1yr hiatis.

Panther85
Riding the Bench

Post by Panther85 »

Did any SOC I coaches show up? (SV-8 selections 1st & 2nd team , 1- OH ???, 1- ND)

crazyfan09
Waterboy

Post by crazyfan09 »

why did Brandon Schankweiler not make any of those... i thought he was the best back for wheelersburg, he led them in rushing n touchdowns. He was also one of the best players on defense. I think it is a little crazy that he isn't on any of those

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

crazyfan09 wrote:why did Brandon Schankweiler not make any of those... i thought he was the best back for wheelersburg, he led them in rushing n touchdowns. He was also one of the best players on defense. I think it is a little crazy that he isn't on any of those

Look again.

The Exciting One
Riding the Bench

Post by The Exciting One »

Let me get this straight, Jesse Slone is 1st Team All Ohio and does not make the PDT All Area Team? Congratulations to the Portsmouth Daily Times, you've managed to screw it up again. Thank god you can't vote on the Heisman. Congrats Jesse!

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

I guess the Oak Hill coach should have shown up at the meeting or sent one of their other coaches.

The Exciting One
Riding the Bench

So one vote from a coach would have put him on the team? Sometimes common sense has to win out, which never happens with the Porstmouth Daily Times.

The_X_Factor
JV Team

Post by The_X_Factor »

Let me get this straight, Jesse Slone is 1st Team All Ohio and does not make the PDT All Area Team? Congratulations to the Portsmouth Daily Times, you've managed to screw it up again. Thank god you can't vote on the Heisman. Congrats Jesse!

The Portsmouth Daily Times All-Area Team is sponsored by the PDT but voted on exclusively by area coaches. All coaches may nominate players for voting but a representative from the school had to be present to vote.
The PDT has NOTHING to do with the result of the vote. It simply sponsored the event and published the coaches' choices.

The Exciting One
Riding the Bench

I find it hard to believe that the ones that voted (IE-Coaches) whom coach the game would not put this kid at the top of their list. Sounds like allot of sour grapes or just plain ignorance on behalf of those involved. Not that it matters but it still does not change my opinion of that pathetic newspaper.

Return to “Football”