Notre Dame For SOC Run In 2010 Season?

TitanPride
Freshman Team

Notre Dame For SOC Run In 2010 Season?

Post by TitanPride »

I think the Titans are going to be a very strong team next year. Losing really only 3 Seniors that mattered, I think they will give Oak Hill a run for it. Also ive heard news of some big time transfers that might happen. If the kids come, it will be a high rising season for the Titans. The upcomming class as freshman is a solid class. Ogg, Toleman, Haney, and Kayser lead the way. Also the going to be sophmore class is a dandy. Mader, Lewis, Glockner, and hopefully adding Milani into the mix will help the Titans. Noel will hopefully improve and get stronger in the off-season. They also have there starting quarterback back for his Senior year, Brock Hannah. You lose 1 lineman which is the center position. No problem replacing that. Everyone else is just a year more expierenced and stronger. Coach Mackenzie has a great strength and conditioning program. My prediction is SOC and #3 spot in the playoffs for the Titans. The only thing that might hurt the Titans is strength of schedule. My lineup for the Titans next year would have to be QB: Brock Hannah, RB's: Matt Sabb, Brad Pierron, and Michael Mader, WR's: Kevin Lewis, Jeff July, Jacob Milani, and Ryan Lewis, OL: C: Alex Staker, G's: Matt Malone and Jack Welsh, T's: Daniel Ogg, and Austin Born. The Titans defensive will stay pretty solid as long as Coach Schmidt is there. Losing only 3 players on defensive at the DT,LB, and Corner positions. If Louderback stays healthy I see him taking the DT spot, and I see Michael Mader at the LB position, I think he played some LB early on but wasnt matured enough for that, if he gets stronger they will be very hard to stop at that line of defense, Alex Staker will take the other LB position, and at Corner: Kevin Lewis, or Jacob Milani. Thats all I have for the Titans. What does everyone else think about the Titans?

mattash
Site Admin

Re: ND For SOC Run In 2010 Season?

Post by mattash »

I see them battling Symmes Valley for 2nd or 3rd.

TitanPride
Freshman Team

Post by TitanPride »

Symmes lost there entire backfield though didnt they? I think if the Titans play well on defense and do not give up the big plays so much and the offense gets the ball in the endzone 8/10 times in the redzone i think they have a very good chance at 1 or 2 and a playoff berth possibly.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I think they have their leading rusher back.

TitanPride
Freshman Team

Post by TitanPride »

was that possibly number 3? the bigger sized back?

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

In short, no...I don't see anyone stopping Oak Hill next year, I think they will be a strong contender to win region 19, I would be suprised if they didn't win the Region let alone the little old Soc 1...No offense, they are just one of those good teams to go through a program...but, I could see Notre Dame going 8-2 or 9-1 with a playoff birth, and second in the Soc, if they get a win of Greenup, they could probably get in at 6-4...I see good things from them next year

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Oak Hill is the only team on their schedule that I don't think there's a chance they can beat - and there's no shame in it.

Oak Hill could easily be a State Semifinalist next year.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Hey, that's why they play the games. I'd love to see it!

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Great to see that I am not the only poster excited about the 2010 ND Titans.
With the abundance of quality receivers, a proven QB, and an experienced returning OL that is second to none at pass blocking, ND's Air Raid will be unstopable. Most believe that if they would have stayed with the Air Raid the entire season, there could have been possibly 3 or 4 more wins. No southern Ohio team runs this offense better.
The Times final power rankings quote after the East game, "---the Titans showed off their passing attack for essentially the first time since their win in week one." Just those two games produced 487 yards in the air and several passing TD's.
ND even ran the clock out in the East game with the Air Raid offense. No other team has that ability.
If ND increases their passing attack from the 1,409 passing yards last season to 1,750 passing yards, expect 8 wins.
Over 2,000 passing yards, expect 9 or 10 wins.
I for one, can't wait.

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

SV QB Myers back, leading rusher Herrell is back, Patterson back, Boggs can play running back. Several younger kids that were good backs that didn't get the playing time because they had so many other backs. Also, they have Miller coming up from Jr High that could possibly even make an impact as a Freshman. They also return several Lineman. They will be fine next year.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

SOCI could have three teams in the playoffs next year.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

fuzzhead wrote:SOCI could have three teams in the playoffs next year.

Your prognostication may be correct.

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

The only way that ND even competes with Oak Hill is if they have a slew of transfers. 48-0 and most of the Notre Dame faithful thought they would beat us this year. The year before, 34-2. It'll be just as bad next year if not worse. Oak Hill may put up 60 on you next year. And that offense may be good but, it only racked up 0 first downs and -2 yeard against Oak Hill in the first half. And that's one thing I don't see changing much next year.

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

Tobias wrote:
riverball wrote:SV QB Myers back, leading rusher Herrell is back, Patterson back, Boggs can play running back. Several younger kids that were good backs that didn't get the playing time because they had so many other backs. Also, they have Miller coming up from Jr High that could possibly even make an impact as a Freshman. They also return several Lineman. They will be fine next year.

How will Symmes Valley's OL look next season?

This is what makes the difference in their offensive package.

Smaller (but still good size) but a lot quicker.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Downtown wrote:The only way that ND even competes with Oak Hill is if they have a slew of transfers. 48-0 and most of the Notre Dame faithful thought they would beat us this year. The year before, 34-2. It'll be just as bad next year if not worse. Oak Hill may put up 60 on you next year. And that offense may be good but, it only racked up 0 first downs and -2 yeard against Oak Hill in the first half. And that's one thing I don't see changing much next year.

Thank you for words to remember.
That statement will go a long way next year along with remembering the fake extra point kick when up 46 points.
There is a difference in game plans when a team is playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

Panther85
Riding the Bench

Re: Notre Dame For SOC Run In 2010 Season?

Post by Panther85 »

Losing really only 3 Seniors that mattered,

Tell me you didn't really just say that. :roll:

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

The 2009 Titans had 5 Seniors that played on both sides of the ball.
Possibly the poster didn't know.

TitanPride
Freshman Team

Post by TitanPride »

Im sorry I didnt know that. I only knew that Emnett, July, and Glockner played both ways. I also think the Titans will go 9-1 with no big mistakes during games in the most precious times. If they can beat Greenup i see 6-4 getting them in the playoffs as well.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

gwell wrote:Great to see that I am not the only poster excited about the 2010 ND Titans.
With the abundance of quality receivers, a proven QB, and an experienced returning OL that is second to none at pass blocking, ND's Air Raid will be unstopable. Most believe that if they would have stayed with the Air Raid the entire season, there could have been possibly 3 or 4 more wins. No southern Ohio team runs this offense better.
The Times final power rankings quote after the East game, "---the Titans showed off their passing attack for essentially the first time since their win in week one." Just those two games produced 487 yards in the air and several passing TD's.
ND even ran the clock out in the East game with the Air Raid offense. No other team has that ability.
If ND increases their passing attack from the 1,409 passing yards last season to 1,750 passing yards, expect 8 wins.
Over 2,000 passing yards, expect 9 or 10 wins.
I for one, can't wait.

I can agree with you with about them having more wins if they would of passed the ball...I watched the South Gallia game and I think they would of won if they would gotten out of the power I, and opened it up...the other game I saw was the Marion Catholic game, they fared pretty well offensive by passing it that game

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

sider wrote:I can agree with you with about them having more wins if they would of passed the ball...I watched the South Gallia game and I think they would of won if they would gotten out of the power I, and opened it up...the other game I saw was the Marion Catholic game, they fared pretty well offensive by passing it that game

ND's Air Raid produced 290 passing yards in 3 quarters in that game against Marion.
In the South Gallia game it was only ran late in the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th for 219 passing yards with ND's only TD in the 7-6 loss. Some of the passing yards against South Gallia, ND was in the power I.

Return to “Football”