D2 - R7: (2) Logan vs. (3) Brookhaven AT Hamilton Township

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Re: D2 - R7: (2) Logan vs. (3) Brookhaven AT Hamilton Township

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

Hate this for the Chiefs and I especially hate the injury to Patrick Angle. I really hope that he is OK.

I knew that if Brookhaven was allowed to hang around, they would be very difficult to beat. You have to jump on them early, sieze control of the game, and try and get them discouraged...... Sounds like some early turnovers and miscues kept that from happening for the Chiefs.

Couple that with the injury to Angle, and it really makes for a rough nite for the Logan faithful.

Congratulations on a great year, and I am sorry that it can't be extended a few more weeks. :(

PremithiumX
Waterboy

Post by PremithiumX »

mab64 wrote:I was sittting right there on the so called illegal forward pass and it was crap,he stepped back at least 2 yards before he threw the ball.

From what the fella sitting beside me was saying, the pass was ruled illegal because it wasn't thrown backward and thus counted as a forward pass. I dunno if it's legit or not, but it made sense at the time. As for the play itself, I was watching Brookhaven's corner more than I was watching McDaniel, so I can't really confirm or deny his position in relation to the QB.

There were also some late hits, which I neglected to mention in my prior post... all but one of which weren't called. Really, though, blaming the refs is only an excuse so I try not to stray into that arena very often.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

TIGERS90 wrote:however maybe eventually you will find out that winning the SEOAL wont get you a championship...play better competition and schools your own own size during the regular season and you might stand a chance of winning more than one game in the playoffs....

Do we really have to get into this again? LOL..Logan is a D2 school..ok..you with me so far? :mrgreen: They played 2 D1 schools, 4 D2 schools, 3 D3 schools, and a D4 school that could arguably hang with almost anyone in D2 or D3. As everyone has said a million times..Logan plays for the SEOAL FIRST..that will always be the FIRST goal to try to accomplish. B/c if you can't win the SEOAL..you surely aren't going to go deep in the playoffs. As for the competition of the SEOAL. That is the league they are in. That is the hand they are dealt. What fault is that of the Chiefs if the rest of the teams aren't competitive? There are still other D2 teams in the league. You know..the same size of Logan.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Pol Pot wrote:How in the world did the Greatest Team with the Greatest player in the history of Southeastern Ohio lose this game? Unbelievable! I guess that overwhelming schedule was just too much to handle come play-off time.

Of course we get your 'sarcasm'..but are you really trying to say there was a better team than Logan in SE Ohio? I'm gonna say no. And Angle is one of the best in SE Ohio too. So you fail with your sarcasm. And again..LOGAN CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE COMPETITION LEVEL OF THERE LEAGUE. They play a tough non league schedule. That's all there is to it.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Great season by Logan with an unfortunate ending. The Chiefs should be VERY proud of what they accomplished.

Hope that Angle's injury isn't too serious. It was a pleasure to watch him play the last couple years and I wish him the best in the future.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Congrats on a great season Logan and hope Angle makes a quick recovery.

green-n-gold76
Waterboy

Post by green-n-gold76 »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no "outside the tackle box" rule in high school football. Grounding is grounding...

I'm almost certain that there were two forward passes on the TD that was called back...could be wrong. I wanted Logan to win, but I didn't find the officiating to be all that bad.

If Angle plays the entire game, I think Logan would have won..but woulda, shoulda, coulda's can make you go insane.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

There were many penalties not called on BOTH teams, holding, "suttle" blocks in the back, and for sure off-sides on kick-offs. Had the refs seen or called all of the penalties, we may still be there watching!
IMO if Angle stays in, different game. Does Logan win, who knows?
Brookhaven very fast, hard-hitting, disiplined team. Game could have gone either way.
Bottom line, refs did not cost Logan the game. That is simply absurd.
Good season, get to work for next year.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Is that why they all went running full speed off the field when the game was over? LMAO

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

last nights game reminds me of the 2006 season and Logan was playing Portsmouth....the refs let alot of late hits go and a certain tailback from Logan was done for the season....its a shame when these kids work their tails off :122248 and to have a referee let this happen....feel for the ''ASSASIN'' and all his teamates....know cause happened in my house back in 2006....speedy recovery to him.....feel for the seniors though ;-) cause the tailback in my house got a chance to get even and did following year down on the river :-D what I can't understand is Mr. Amyx...not staying with Jorgy......Jurgensmeier.....one series and you play with 3 guys out of position...bad move there coach.....hope he remembers how you felt about him....when he's working his tail off for good ole Logan....want to thank all the seniors on this team...for a job well done....think someone else dropped the ball....eh.. :shock: ''ASSASIN'' :-D ''THE BEAST'' :-D ''ROOK'' :-D ''ATTACK'' :-D ''SHOWTIME'' :-D ''THE ROCK'' :-D ''SACKMAN'' :-D ''BIG TIME'' :-D ''BIG SMURF'' :-D ''THEANIMAL'' :-D ''HURT'' :-D ;;THE FRIDGE'' :-D ''HANDS'' :-D ''CRACKER'' :-D ''BOOTS'' :-D Wish you all the best in evrything you do....have fun senior year...goes quick..... :shock: :-D :!:

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

I love this, you guys are killing me! Now some are blaming Dale? The winningest coach in Southeastern Ohio! Give me a break, come down off your high horses and admit there are teams out there better than you. It's not the officials, it's not the coaches. Your kids played hard and have nothing to be ashamed of, set good examples and take the loss for what it is, a loss to a better team!~

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

PremithiumX wrote:
gochiefs wrote:Alright..people that were there..was the officiating REALLY that dang bad?!?!??! What a shame!!

The intentional grounding call was a complete crock, Angle was out of the tackle box by atleast four yards. Other than that, there were maybe a couple holds and a block in the back during a punt return from Brookhaven that didn't get called.

I'm still steamin' over that intentional grounding call.

Really, what killed Logan tonight was those two early turnovers... had we not given up the ball to the Bearcats in the redzone the game may have been completely different. C'est la vie.

C'est la guerre

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Enjoyed meeting and sitting with FANOSPORTS.........he is a very knowledgeable fan of high school football.........

Brookhaven started the game with a huge play.........fumble recovery........and the Bearcats took full advantage of it by scoring a TD........Logan's defense then settled down while the Chieftain offense scored on a fabulous run by Angle for the TD.

But the Bearcats quickly took back momentum with the home run........ a perfect pass that the Brookhaven receiver took all the way. The sophomore QB on Brookhaven has a bright future.

I thought that both teams played well defensively, but neither took very good care of the football.........it was a shame to see Patrick Angle get knocked out of the game and finish his great career on the sidelines.........obviously the Chieftains were not the same team without him.......and I have to commend Mason Mays of Logan......he was the best player on the field.......time after time he made big plays on both sides of the ball........

I do agree with the calls on the forward pass and the intentional grounding.......I am not a guru on the rules, but I think the officials made the right calls. It seemed odd, though, that the official closest to the grounding play took so long to throw the flag.

Congratulations to the Brookhaven Bearcats........they deserved to win and the 2004 D2 state champions have their sights set on another trip to Massillon.......but the Red Devils of Marion-Franklin have other ideas.
Last edited by trojandave on Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Pol Pot: He isn't the 'winningest coach in SEO', we have him, in fact, we have the winningest coach in the whole state of Ohio. ;-) Not to take away from Amyx, he is a good coach!

Good season Logan!

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

cant hang your heads seniors....youve had a great career at logan and the fans at logan couldnt be any more proud

now on the game....i wouldnt blame the coaches but there was some questionable decisions play calling wise when you have the top QB in southeastern ohio and its 3rd and 15 go for the first down theyve done this alll year they throw a 6 or 7 yard pass and thats what happens when you put your other quarterbacks you have that dont get any reps..Logan blows out teams and you dont give your quarterback(jurgensmeir) reps in a game situation and you just have him hand the ball off. They shot themselves in the foot with penalties, they have committed alot of penalties during the season it just hasnt hurt them in other games because they were blown out ....congrats to brookhaven you guys should go far

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Pol Pot wrote:I love this, you guys are killing me! Now some are blaming Dale? The winningest coach in Southeastern Ohio! Give me a break, come down off your high horses and admit there are teams out there better than you. It's not the officials, it's not the coaches. Your kids played hard and have nothing to be ashamed of, set good examples and take the loss for what it is, a loss to a better team!~

Do I think the refs caused the loss? No..but it didn't help any..great teams over come that. He's not blaming Dale either..he brought up a point..a VERY valid question. Jurgensmeier is your backup QB..he has been all season if I'm not mistaken..Angle goes down..and he puts Jurgy in for just one series! Then he opts for McDaniel after Jurgy. Thus..losing another great receiver and someone in the backfield. How is that blaming Dale? He just pointed out something questionable..BIG DEAL! There is plenty of better teams out there then Logan..nobody in Logan has ever said THE CHIEFS ARE THE GREATEST TEAM IN THE WORLD! If you can find it..please..let me know where that was said..but on this night..IMO..the better team did not win. Especially after seeing the highlight video.

I Bleed Purple
Waterboy

Post by I Bleed Purple »

Pol Pot wrote:I love this, you guys are killing me! Now some are blaming Dale? The winningest coach in Southeastern Ohio! Give me a break, come down off your high horses and admit there are teams out there better than you. It's not the officials, it's not the coaches. Your kids played hard and have nothing to be ashamed of, set good examples and take the loss for what it is, a loss to a better team!~

No one ever said Logan was THE best team out there. Are they a very good team, yes. We knew this game would be a tough one, as all games in the playoffs are. And just to set the record straight, I for one am not blaming Amyx. The defense played a very good game, and with the exception of the blown pass TD, Brookhaven had to work hard for every inch they got. And after halftime, the team came out and seemed very fired up and focused, so they must have received something in the locker room. My beef is with Kelly Wolfe. No two games that you ever play in will be the same, so there are adjustments you have to make. To me, he didn't make those adjustments. We were having success running the ball in the first half, and to start the second half. And yet there were a few drives where we got too pass-happy and had to give the ball up. I know there needs to be balance in an offense, but I feel the play calling kept up from reaching our full potential in this game. And I wouldn't be so quick to pass judgment here, but i've seen it happen before. It's just a sad shame to see this very good Logan team with so much potential have their season ended on this note.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

PremithiumX wrote:
gochiefs wrote:Alright..people that were there..was the officiating REALLY that dang bad?!?!??! What a shame!!

The intentional grounding call was a complete crock, Angle was out of the tackle box by atleast four yards. Other than that, there were maybe a couple holds and a block in the back during a punt return from Brookhaven that didn't get called

The "tackle box" rule doesn't apply in high school. If he threw it away to save a loss of yardage or to conserve time, it was a correct call regardless of where he was when he threw it.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I listened to the Game and yes the Logan announcers said the refs called a really lose game but there was turn overs on Brookhaven that Logan never took advantage of. Brookhaven played the game and won Logan played hard but just didn't win the game. If Angle never got hurt would Logan have won we don't know and now it don't matter. Logan had a fine season just not as fine as they would have wanted. I remember from another site someone known as 2old said Ironton don't know how to win the big games. To that I say ever game is a big game to all the players every loss feels the same every win feels a little bit better. Logan keep your heads up you made it further than alot of teams and high school football is nothing in the scope of life that is yet to be played.
Good luck with everyone of you future endeavors.

keeping it real
Waterboy

Post by keeping it real »

It was a good game over all.Hat's off to Brookhaven.Logan you had a great season.The ref's didn't call a bad game at all.I don't understand why the Logan coach took out their back up QB and went with the other QB??? To me thats no confidence in their young QB.I'm sorry for Pats injury,but the Brookhaven Dt tackle was rushing up field,when the left tackle for Logan cut the kid and he fell into Pats knee.Brookhaven have always been a physical team.Someone made a comment that Logan passing game is to complicated for city kids??? that was on the 1st page.Brookhaven has two D1 kids thats playing for them.Number 9 is going to UCLA for football and 26 is going to Ohio University for football.Number 5 is going to Florida to run track for them.

Return to “Football”