Meigs @ Coal Grove - week one

meigs_62_189
Freshman Team

Re: Meigs @ Coal Grove - week one

Post by meigs_62_189 »

meigs had a scrimage against jackson on saturday and tied with the ironmen 2-2. we looked good for being our first scrimmage and playing some kids that havent played before. we still have a scrimmage and a jamboree game left to get some of the jitters out but i expect it to still be a great game and does coal grove have the same running back as last year or did he graduate?

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

I would have to go with Meigs in a very VERY close game! Two very good teams in this one!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

meigs_62_189 wrote:meigs had a scrimage against jackson on saturday and tied with the ironmen 2-2. we looked good for being our first scrimmage and playing some kids that havent played before. we still have a scrimmage and a jamboree game left to get some of the jitters out but i expect it to still be a great game and does coal grove have the same running back as last year or did he graduate?

Which running back are you talking about? Chris Brammer graduated, but they still have Delawder (#20) and Haynes (#34).

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I think this will be a great game . I like Meigs because I think they will be able to pass the ball on the Hornets and score quick.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I'm just wondering how much the trip down to Coal Grove will take out of the Marauders. . .

Baz55
Riding the Bench

Post by Baz55 »

I wasnt able to make it down to the meigs game last season because of work, and i honestly know nothing about them beside what i have read over the past few weeks on here. I have seen Coal Grove play twice. I have not been this excited over high school football since i graduated! This Coal Grove team has some MAJOR speed and good depth in the back field. I am not so sure about the QB. He has showed a little good and bad, but i think he does awesome staying in the pocket, but he needs his line to step up and block for him just a couple seconds longer! Pass blocking has always been something Coal Grove has struggled with.. just due to the fact we did practice it very much! Practices may have changed now though! Oakie is super fast, and looks like he has great vision, and will hit someone when they get in his way!

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

Coal Grove by 10 at least they will be physical and they will wear Meigs down.The OVC is a way underrated conference. Not too many years ago they put as many as 3 or 4 teams in the playoffs and not a single school in that league plays a patsie schedule almost every game is competitive,says a lot for the league!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

ole_Bobcat wrote:Coal Grove by 10 at least they will be physical and they will wear Meigs down.The OVC is a way underrated conference. Not too many years ago they put as many as 3 or 4 teams in the playoffs and not a single school in that league plays a patsie schedule almost every game is competitive,says a lot for the league!

After hearing from some of my high school football scout friends, they said Coal Grove looked way out of shape against Ironton. If that is the case, they may be in for a loooong night against Meigs.

And I dont think the OVC is underrated at all. Over the past few years they have not fared well at all against the SOC II.

I think that the SEOL is the toughest conference, followed by the SOC II in Southern Ohio. I would really only rank the OVC higher than the SOC I. No offense, but it has been a while since the OVC was pumping out playoff caliber teams and is not what it once was.

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

this may b a close in the early mins. but i can see meigs puttin up the points wit a very explosive off. and just as good defense as last yr...cant wait.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

This is a tough one to call, Meigs has a great passing attack, something Coal Grove is never good against...but, I think Coal Grove controls the ball and dictates the pace and wins 27-21

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

Coal Grove big.

MaraudingBobcat
Waterboy

Post by MaraudingBobcat »

Good luck Marauders...I know your cheerleaders can't wait to start this season with you! Let's go back to the Playoffs!!!!

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Beware the 5-yd per touch clinic.

hornetdad
Riding the Bench

Post by hornetdad »

I like the grove in a very close game. grove fan we need to take over meigs bleacher the way they set on are side last year. and was very rude lets go get them big grove

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

hornetdad wrote:I like the grove in a very close game. grove fan we need to take over meigs bleacher the way they set on are side last year. and was very rude lets go get them big grove

who-ra

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

hornetdad wrote:I like the grove in a very close game. grove fan we need to take over meigs bleacher the way they set on are side last year. and was very rude lets go get them big grove

meigs fans have been sittin over on that side for years....due to the home side being over populated.
i like meigs in this one puttin up the points, very dangerous passing attack and just as good running game...everyone talks about meigs d is going to b down...they looked pretty good in one half against gallia forcing two turnovers....so lets go marauders.

smash_mouth
Waterboy

Post by smash_mouth »

:lol: come sit on our side, no one will hear you over our crowd :lol:

and we'll still win

hornetdad
Riding the Bench

Post by hornetdad »

no thanks we have more class than that,thanks any way

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

hornetdad wrote:no thanks we have more class than that,thanks any way

Yeah, you sound like a real classy guy! If you don' like it, stay at home. Let's actually talk about the players and the game and stop being a childish whiner.

hornetdad
Riding the Bench

Post by hornetdad »

we dont need to talk the play on field will do the talking for us. you better lookout for numer 20 and 34 they will run all over u

Return to “Football”