South Gallia @ River Valley Jamboree Aug. 15

BBallin fool
SEOP

Re: South Gallia @ River Valley Jamboree Aug. 15

Post by BBallin fool »

Wamsley has got to get Healthy. imo he was about 50% last night, He will be ready by week 1!!! Plus SG was missing Justin Northup last night a 265 lb Jr Guard. The Whole SG Team played with Heart.They will get better.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Man yesterday was way to hot for FB. I stuck my nose out the door and turned around and went back in to the AC. You know its to hot when I won't play golf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

puked. he is a horse for sure. 50% come on bballin :idea: :mrgreen:

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

The Doc. just changed his Meds. with in 24 hrs before game time. 91 yes! 50% !!!He will be ready by week 1.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

RVFAN !!!! Good Luck To RV This season.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Very good game by both teams last night! I was very surprised to see RV jump out to a 14-0 lead at half...both teams I hope will have very successful seasons!

GO RAIDERS!!!

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Hey BBallin, will Northup be ready by week 1??? We will definitely need him up front.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

I was told today that he's home now doing fine!!! I Hope he's ready by week 1!!!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

if that was 50 . i would hate to see 90 :mrgreen:

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good Luck to both teams this year!

They both have a lot of work to do, but they will do it to get better everyday!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

How much money was brought in for the stadium project?
maybe ohsaaa will give their share bck as a donation...

did neone go on tour of buildings earlier in the day??????? just wondering what everyone thought of the new schools

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

Wamsley is just like every other Big Back you can't run them every down,they get tired and they fumble. After him the running game is very common I thought SG had trouble covering the passing game.
I think on a Fri night if the 2 played RV would win 28-7 they are too deep and remember they are really young.Plus that offense was good last year Jared does a great job calling plays and the
raiders were totally a JV team in the 4th qtr when SG scored.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

ole_Bobcat wrote:I think on a Fri night if the 2 played RV would win 28-7

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Unbelievable!!!! You've got to be kidding!!!!!! The Rebels had 2 for sure unforced errors that helped RV out or the score would have been worse. The very first drive when Clyburn fumbled at the 1 yd line going into the end zone and in the 2nd quarter when the punt snap went over Matney's head and rolled inside SG's 20 and then RV scored right after that. Take away those 2 UNFORCED errors, the final score is 24-7. If these two were to meet on a Friday night and SG also had Northup on the O and D lines, I think the Rebels would win by at least 20.

ole_Bobcat wrote:raiders were totally a JV team in the 4th qtr when SG scored.

Both teams were JV's in the 4th.....

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

friday_nite_fan wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Unbelievable!!!! You've got to be kidding!!!!!! The Rebels had 2 for sure unforced errors that helped RV out or the score would have been worse. The very first drive when Clyburn fumbled at the 1 yd line going into the end zone and in the 2nd quarter when the punt snap went over Matney's head and rolled inside SG's 20 and then RV scored right after that. Take away those 2 UNFORCED errors, the final score is 24-7. If these two were to meet on a Friday night and SG also had Northup on the O and D lines, I think the Rebels would win by at least 20.

Not kidding at all take off your SG glasses and look what happened to the 2 mistakes that SG had RV turned them into points,that is what football teams do.
Also through out the game RV played 2 deep at every position QB RB and everywhere else,SG didn't have enough kids to go deep or be totally JV in the 4th Qtr.
If this becomes a every year regular season game it would not benefit RV at all it kills them as far as playoff points and it would get lopsided very quickly,the talent levels and sheer numbers would be heavily in RV's favor.I'm not flaming anyone just stating what would be inevitable. SG has a nice little program it will be interresting to see how they do in the TVC small ,I am also glad they got accepted. I really think the SOC would have been a better fit They will have a tough road to hoe every year in the TVC.
Good Luck Rebels

PS Jacob Heffner needs to be the 1st team RB for RV!

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

The first two drives of the game was the only ones that SG's starting linemen played together as a whole and you see what happened there. We fumbled at the one after driving the ball from our own 35 in 5 or 6 plays and then we got stopped at your 15 the next series. Sounds to me like our line was controlling the game. After halftime, it was a mixture of SG players playing different positions trying to learn their backup roles. I am sure RV was doing the same at some positions. And you only seen our leading rusher from last year run the ball 4 times. This was treated by the coaching staffs like a scrimmage and thats the way it should have been treated. The Rebels will be fine and I think we will see a completely different gameplan come August 28 at Waterford.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

ole_Bobcat wrote:
friday_nite_fan wrote:

Not kidding at all take off your SG glasses and look what happened to the 2 mistakes that SG had RV turned them into points,that is what football teams do.
Also through out the game RV played 2 deep at every position QB RB and everywhere else,SG didn't have enough kids to go deep or be totally JV in the 4th Qtr.
If this becomes a every year regular season game it would not benefit RV at all it kills them as far as playoff points and it would get lopsided very quickly,the talent levels and sheer numbers would be heavily in RV's favor.I'm not flaming anyone just stating what would be inevitable. SG has a nice little program it will be interresting to see how they do in the TVC small ,I am also glad they got accepted. I really think the SOC would have been a better fit They will have a tough road to hoe every year in the TVC.
Good Luck Rebels

PS Jacob Heffner needs to be the 1st team RB for RV!

Apparently, someone does not understand how the playoff points work. If you are so sure that RV would beat SG, maybe they should play them four or five times a season, because a win would at least get some points versus no points for a loss.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

Apparently your right someone doesn't undersdstand how it works,why play a team and get 3 points that is 2 classes below you when you can play and beat a team from div 5,4,3 (if you are a playoff caliber team you should be able to compete with those teams and stand a chance to win) and get 10 points. Because now that SG is in the TVC it is truthly doubtful they will win enough games on a regular basis to help anyone out with playoff points. For River Valley it makes much more sense to play Alexander,Meigs or Minford or any other team not in the basement just in case there is a chance of making the playoffs (which should be every teams goal every year)!
Now that Mercerville (over the past 5 years has become a football mecca) I can understand wanting to play a team in a higher division. SERIOUSLY! over the past 5 years River Valley has lost way more games than they have won and definantly lost more games than South Gallia,but there is not 1 year in that time I can think of when they would be favored if they were to have played the Raiders, Talent from top to bottom was not even close!! If you had to pick a year to start scrimmaging RV this would have been the perfect scenerio for SG.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

Apparently your right someone doesn't undersdstand how it works,why play a team and get 3 points that is 2 classes below you when you can play and beat a team from div 5,4,3 (if you are a playoff caliber team you should be able to compete with those teams and stand a chance to win) and get 10 points. Because now that SG is in the TVC it is truthly doubtful they will win enough games on a regular basis to help anyone out with playoff points. For River Valley it makes much more sense to play Alexander,Meigs or Minford or any other team not in the basement just in case there is a chance of making the playoffs (which should be every teams goal every year)!
Now that Mercerville (over the past 5 years has become a football mecca) I can understand wanting to play a team in a higher division. SERIOUSLY! over the past 5 years River Valley has lost way more games than they have won and definantly lost more games than South Gallia,but there is not 1 year in that time I can think of when they would be favored if they were to have played the Raiders, Talent from top to bottom was not even close!! If you had to pick a year to start scrimmaging RV this would have been the perfect scenerio for SG.

In 2006, the last time made the playoffs, I would guarantee SG would beat RV. SG went to Danville for the playoff game and kept it within 7 at halftime and then started turning the ball over. Danville would have beat both RV and SG and would have kept it very close with Gallia Academy.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

mercerville monster wrote:The first two drives of the game was the only ones that SG's starting linemen played together as a whole and you see what happened there. We fumbled at the one after driving the ball from our own 35 in 5 or 6 plays and then we got stopped at your 15 the next series. Sounds to me like our line was controlling the game. After halftime, it was a mixture of SG players playing different positions trying to learn their backup roles. I am sure RV was doing the same at some positions. And you only seen our leading rusher from last year run the ball 4 times. This was treated by the coaching staffs like a scrimmage and thats the way it should have been treated. The Rebels will be fine and I think we will see a completely different gameplan come August 28 at Waterford.

And I seem to miss something in your post here? What was the score after SG controlled the entire 1st half? Also you seem to forget turnovers are the biggest factor unaccounted for in any game you really can't dismiss them.Then if SG was so dominant how did RV even muster enough game to score after the Turnovers? Your painting a picture of total dominance by SG in this game,yet it was SG's almost entire Varsity scoring on RV's Freshmen and Soph's to "WIN" the "GAME" I'll bet McClellan never cared who won nearly as much as what the SG fan base,this was your Super Bowl,almost every impartial onlooker from neither school,just observers said if the game was a game RV would have won by at least 2 touchdowns! Please !

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

you wonder why this probably will never happen again.

yes rvhs forced some turnovers and should have made some interceptions that went for sghs big plays.

you can only evaluate this on a level playing field '' a real game'' this was far from real.

Return to “Football”