South Gallia @ River Valley Jamboree Aug. 15

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: South Gallia @ River Valley Jamboree Aug. 15

Post by Orange and Brown »

You want to get on the bypass towards pomroy, Drive until you hit 7south/124w. You will turn on to that and it will take you to cheshire. It only takes maybe 40 minutes to get there.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

You will pass Gavin Power Plant and Kyger Creek Power Plant and once you pass Kyger Creek the road to the school might be a 1/2 mile on the right. I think it is called Little Kyger Road and I think it has a River Valley High Scool sign by the road. You go out that road and the school might be two miles out on the left.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It took a couple of people but we will get you there!

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Why not turn right at the light in Cheshire and take 554 until he sees the sign that says River Valley High School and it has an arrow pointing the way? You guys just lengthened his trip by 7 minutes.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

BlizzardMan wrote:We have to remember that these boys have to be as fresh as possible for the season. I know it is exciting, but the coaches must hold their players back a little.

Motivation for this one should come from within. That is to say that unless the Justy and Jared are going to physically hold their guys down then what you are saying is just not possible. It seems like a good idea, but nobody is really going to hold back anything, I promise.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Well, going full go for a scrimmage is not smart, no matter who you are playing. Just ask the Devils who lost Jeff Golden his whole senior year because they had him on the field playin D when he probably should have been on the sideline. Rotate all of your guys in. That is why this game is a good idea for raising money, but not for the sake of the players. Schedule this game in September, not the middle of August. Then it will actually mean something.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

How did the scrimmage between RV and Symmes Valley go today?

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

Why not turn right at the light in Cheshire and take 554 until he sees the sign that says River Valley High School and it has an arrow pointing the way? You guys just lengthened his trip by 7 minutes.

I didnt know there was a sign by 554 that pointed towards the school. I didnt want to get him lost and it would be pretty hard to drive by two enormous power plants and not notice them or the next road to the right.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

"OLD BULL"

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

mtswngrvsg wrote:How did the scrimmage between RV and Symmes Valley go today?

I would be interested to know as well mtswngrvsg.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

either way you cant go wrong. i dont think it will take a whole 40 minutes though.

i would make the left on 554 and avoid the speed trap between the power plants. alot of traffic leaving kyger creek with all the construction people around.

like above look for the sign on your left go up by the cemetary and the school will be on your right.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

count down is on !!! KICK OFF 7:00 at RV/

brutus161
Waterboy

Post by brutus161 »

I'll be there. If you see a guy with Navy Recruiter on the back of his shirt, that is me. Make sure you say hi.

Fun in the Sun
Freshman Team

Post by Fun in the Sun »

Looking at area football schedules this week , I noticed that RV plays Eastern and Waterford this year , the same two teams SG plays each year . Maybe this Jamboree game today can be a regular game each year ?

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

What an exciting game! The final score was South Gallia 16 and River Valley 14. It was a huge crowd. In fact the start of the game was delayed to allow the crowd to file in. I hope it becomes an annual game!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

This game was played with extreme caution. The heat hasn't been this hot all summer and the risk of injury is to high to make this more than just a warmup. More like preseason nfl to me. I also thought it would be wall to wall. Glad to be part of it. Some great hitting for sure. Kids clean your mouths up mommy would pass out if she heard little johnny talk that way.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

91blue14-nice post.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i dont want to see this thing get blowed out of context. you know sghs has a strong running game. rvhs made some tip passes on defense thats sghs was able to catch for big plays. this was a good tease for sure. show me this week 1 or 10. teams played extremely hard sghs dresses around 24 kids. you would have to be in some serious shape to play 4 qtrs these kids went through. both teams are winners. like posted before gotta get them kinks worked out come monday. you will never make me believe these coaches didnt get a talking to about how this thing was going down.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Great SCRIMMAGE! Both teams showed some go things, and both teams showed some bad. SG running game is tremendous, I don't see anyone having an answer for Wamsley!! that kid is a load!!! And he has a solid front blocking for him. Rv is very weak up front. Coach Ward has his work cut out for him this year. the size that rv has had in the past, is no longer there. That will be a problem for them all season. They do seem to be able to throw the ball well. Both teams need to work on some things defensivley. Good luck to both teams. I hope that they both do well. It was a packed house last night, great start for the GRIDIRON FOR GALLIA.

Return to “Football”